Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999385 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2012, 12:55:50 am »

Way cool, and a hell of a first post! I think I can use that for my caterpillar problem, although there is still the issue of keeping the caterpillar from being able to transform immediately after birth/spawn.
The code said
Code: [Select]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:30]
[CE:CREATURE:DOG:MALE]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:30:END:60]
[CE:CREATURE:CAT:MALE]
which seems to mean that you can delay the first transformation by editing its START:# value.

If that does not work, you could have two delayed transformations by actually having three transformations, with the creature originally born as an egg or something which immediately transforms into your first intended form.

:facepalm:

After I went and read the other thread, too. Yes, that should do nicely- ideally the transformation would be tied to skill or kill count or something, but I'll settle for time. Make the USAGE_HINT:ATTACK and it'll at least require the creature to have seen some combat.

All in all, a good way to kludge a more elaborate life cycle than "small sized version -> adult sized version" Now to suck at editing its body parts...

EDIT: @RadHazard, Time is one "tick" of the game simulation- in fortress mode, there are 1200 time units in a day; in adventurer mode, there are 86400 time units in a day. So, optimized for fort mode, you can make a creature take a year to transform after using the interaction by setting START:403200. In adventure mode, that would be a bit more than four and a half days, to give you an idea of the time scale difference at work.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2012, 07:56:10 am »

Although this really isn't a 0.34 question, how do I make humans naturally legendary in the shield skill? [NATURAL_SKILL:SHIELD:15] isn't working.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 19, 2012, 09:31:26 am »

I'm not really sure, but wasn't the shield proficiency tag SHIELD_USER?

And I guess, in order to get to legendary status, you need to put 16 or higher.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #333 on: February 19, 2012, 09:53:27 am »

I'm not really sure, but wasn't the shield proficiency tag SHIELD_USER?
Correct

And I guess, in order to get to legendary status, you need to put 16 or higher.
15 is legendary (unless this has changed)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 19, 2012, 10:09:13 am »

15 is legendary? I guess I was one point off the maximum, or beyond the maximum, rather.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2012, 10:35:17 am »

DP For new content.

Seems I was too hasty to dismiss transformation upon resurrection as how to do it hit me like a storm after the above post.

[INTERACTION:UDVRAISE]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:RESURRECT]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:1]
[CE:CREATURE:BIRD_CROW:MALE]
Seems to apply the change to the resurrected creature. I'd thought that the effect would have to be ADD_SYNDROME. I was wrong  :-[

Thanks! Now that the ability is one-use only on corpses, the AI can use it now...

- The AI will target ANY corpse with the resurrection ability, even enemies. This results in endless fighting unless all the casters die (at the same time!).
- If YOU die, you get the "you are deceased" message, but doing anything to advance the game clock (such as the mouse swirl) results in the creature you were using being resurrected. However, you simultaneously body-swap out of the formerly dead creature. In the arena case, I ended up in the bronze colossus that my group of caster-dwarves were attacking.

Again, the ability is trouble unless in the hands of the player.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2012, 12:26:55 pm »

what would be the best way to make a "magic missile" spell

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2012, 01:21:23 pm »

Simple question. This part of an interaction:

[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:2000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:START:0:END:50]
Is causing this in my error log:

Unrecognized CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION token: 0

[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:2000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:START:0:END:50]

This was changed to include a tissue argument.  Took me a little while to hunt this one down, myself.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:26:13 pm by narhiril »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »

what would be the best way to make a "magic missile" spell

Make a new material (or use an existing rock or something), then create a material emission to shoot it.

Here are a couple that would use a material named MAGIC:

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Magic Bolt]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:MAGIC:LIQUID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:launch a magic bolt:launches a magic bolt:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Magic Barrage]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:MAGIC:LIQUID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:launch a magic bolt:launches a magic bolt:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:15]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:300]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »

Short correction: 20 is maximum, not 15. 15 = legendary, but you have legendary +X with X going up till 5.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #340 on: February 19, 2012, 05:03:39 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but a question did arise:

Is it possible to make f antasic trees, which drop items upon "death" instead of wood ?
[tree:local_plant_mat:wood] to [tree:inorganic:namehere] this creates logs of the material. But I cant make them drop items, or several logs/mats. Any chance that it is possible ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2012, 05:07:58 pm »

The trees are hard-coded to drop logs, sorry. The best you can do is a workshop where the "log" of a rare material is taken, and an item spits out. Or you can take the Ents from My Little Pony Mod and modify those.

EDIT: Just thought of something that might work ... a boiling log with a syndrome attached.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:11:43 pm by Reelya »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2012, 05:10:10 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but a question did arise:

Is it possible to make f antasic trees, which drop items upon "death" instead of wood ?
[tree:local_plant_mat:wood] to [tree:inorganic:namehere] this creates logs of the material. But I cant make them drop items, or several logs/mats. Any chance that it is possible ?

I think trees are hard coded for logs, but you could probably do a secondary reaction to turn them into something else.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »

Thanks! Now that the ability is one-use only on corpses, the AI can use it now...

- The AI will target ANY corpse with the resurrection ability, even enemies. This results in endless fighting unless all the casters die (at the same time!).
- If YOU die, you get the "you are deceased" message, but doing anything to advance the game clock (such as the mouse swirl) results in the creature you were using being resurrected. However, you simultaneously body-swap out of the formerly dead creature. In the arena case, I ended up in the bronze colossus that my group of caster-dwarves were attacking.

Again, the ability is trouble unless in the hands of the player.

Is it possible to add a further specification that it targets a specific races corpses only?

How does this effect fortress mode with death notices and coffins designation and such?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2012, 05:33:38 pm »

a boiling log with a syndrome attached.How did I miss that ? I use this trick all the time anyway.

And a custom workshop for special trees could be done, although the rarity is a lot more difficult to do for trees, then with stone/gem. A lot of testing needs to be done, but I already have 3 good ideas for trees now, thanks.

EDIT: I also tried to add interactions to nobles, but it only creates error-logs. Would have been nice to have undead-killing priests... anyone knows a workaround for that ?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:58:20 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 544