Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002286 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #435 on: February 21, 2012, 09:42:18 pm »

Having issues with this Bucket -> barrel reaction. Here the dwarf changes 10 buckets containing a drink item into one barrel containing 10 drink items.

First off I had it so the buckets of drink were preserved, but it only consumes one drink item, leaving 9 buckets full of drink and a barrel of 10 drinks. So I changed it to this, which destroys all buckets and makes new one. Problem now is the new buckets are super high quality as the Brewer gets a lot of EXP.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:COMBINE_BUCKETS]
[NAME:combine buckets to barrel]
[BUILDING:BREWERY:NONE]
[REAGENT:liquid:1:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:PURE_WATER]
[REAGENT:liquid container:10:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:liquid]
[REAGENT:new container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[PRODUCT:100:10:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:new container]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BUCKET:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid container:NONE]
[SKILL:BREWING]
[AUTOMATIC]

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 21, 2012, 10:01:17 pm »

Having issues with this Bucket -> barrel reaction. Here the dwarf changes 10 buckets containing a drink item into one barrel containing 10 drink items.

First off I had it so the buckets of drink were preserved, but it only consumes one drink item, leaving 9 buckets full of drink and a barrel of 10 drinks. So I changed it to this, which destroys all buckets and makes new one. Problem now is the new buckets are super high quality as the Brewer gets a lot of EXP.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:COMBINE_BUCKETS]
[NAME:combine buckets to barrel]
[BUILDING:BREWERY:NONE]
[REAGENT:liquid:1:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:PURE_WATER]
[REAGENT:liquid container:10:BUCKET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:liquid]
[REAGENT:new container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[PRODUCT:100:10:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:new container]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BUCKET:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:liquid container:NONE]
[SKILL:BREWING]
[AUTOMATIC]

Not sure if this'll work, but yeah, here's my take on your raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The above reaction will require 10 separate buckets filled with pure water, and will consume the contents of the buckets, and transfer them to the new container.

In the off chance that the buckets used aren't all pure water, then the first bucket's contents will be used as a material to put in the barrel.

Product dimension of a drink is 150, hence the 150 drinks requirement in each of the buckets. If it conflicts with other stuff, set the drinks back to 1.

The raws should work, in theory. If it does not, I'll check it later.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 21, 2012, 10:55:03 pm »

Alright, I'm in the process of creating a creature with a plant growing out of its back. The problem is, in combat it seems that just about any blow will sever the plant. I changed its material properties from STANDARD_PLANT to a custom material that was basically a copy of LEATHER, then to STONE with with no luck. Any idea what's up?

For reference:

Spoiler: The Material Template (click to show/hide)
Try adding thickness to the tissue layers [TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:25]
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 21, 2012, 11:51:09 pm »

Alright, I'm in the process of creating a creature with a plant growing out of its back. The problem is, in combat it seems that just about any blow will sever the plant. I changed its material properties from STANDARD_PLANT to a custom material that was basically a copy of LEATHER, then to STONE with with no luck. Any idea what's up?

For reference:

That did it! Well, that and actually making the bulb be made of a tissue instead of just a material.  ::)  Wouldn't have seen it but for you, so thank you very much!

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 22, 2012, 12:08:29 am »

For reference:

That did it! Well, that and actually making the bulb be made of a tissue instead of just a material.  ::)  Wouldn't have seen it but for you, so thank you very much!

Thanks are not neccesary, I didn't really see the tissues weren't defined. I guess you're making a bulbasaur for the new version, right?
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2012, 12:30:20 am »

I guess you're making a bulbasaur for the new version, right?

Right the first time! But not just Bulbasaur- my goal is to implement the original 151 plus items, unique civs, etc. Now that that bulb nonsense is straightened out I can do some more thorough Arena Mode testing in preparation for a release with the Kanto Starters.

drivec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 22, 2012, 03:13:21 am »

just wondering how if there is an easy way to mod out clothing and if it would effect current saves

edit: or change clothing to armor would also work
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:22:10 am by drivec »

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 22, 2012, 04:44:07 am »

just wondering, are necro towers hardcoded?

was planning on "cheating" the lack of true dark fortresses, and replacing with necro towers, but a quick glance at the raws does not include anything about necros aside from the syndrome/interaction...  nothing about the towers.

failing that, with the way human towns sprawl now, i am not going to use those for goblins, is it possible to only use the keeps?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 22, 2012, 05:15:19 am »

just wondering, are necro towers hardcoded?

was planning on "cheating" the lack of true dark fortresses, and replacing with necro towers, but a quick glance at the raws does not include anything about necros aside from the syndrome/interaction...  nothing about the towers.

failing that, with the way human towns sprawl now, i am not going to use those for goblins, is it possible to only use the keeps?

I think the tag you want, if you want Goblins to build human-style fortresses, is [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS].
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 22, 2012, 08:00:02 am »

How would I best make an "Acid" liquid

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 22, 2012, 09:52:20 am »

I would start by looking at gnomeblight.  I don't have the raws available presently, but gnomeblight (specifically the syndrome attached to it) would be a good starting point.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

T-Mick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 22, 2012, 10:36:20 am »

Are there files for skeletal creatures, or are they just attributes added to normal animals that allow them to become skeletal?  Looking to make a skeleton adventurer of some sort.
“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s always laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!” -Hilaire Belloc

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #447 on: February 22, 2012, 10:55:20 am »

Look at my Sulfuric Acid to give you a idea on how it works

Spoiler: Sulfuric Acid (click to show/hide)
It's effect is acaully untested, but from what I see in it. It will probally kill whoever touches it. Dangerous stuff

EDIT:
The ingame name for it is what it was known as in the old'en days

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 22, 2012, 10:57:01 am »

A bit more powerful than I was hoping, perhaps I should lower the necrosis.

Also, can armor be engraved with images?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:56 am »

Has anyone else had problems with caste-level materials since the update?  I had a caste of a creature with toxic blood that worked just fine in 0.31.25, but now if I try to change the blood of a caste, it "bleeds over" (pardon the pun) to every other caste of the creature.

Nevermind, fixed it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:15:56 pm by narhiril »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 544