Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999499 times)

Giygas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #540 on: February 24, 2012, 02:56:56 pm »

i have some questions:
1) can weapon use magic(i need to create a flamethrower)?
2) can people learn magic linked to a skill(higher the skill bigger the damage)?
3) can people learn magic in fortress mode without creating a caste and transforming people in that caste?
4) dropping a boiling rock instead of the body is the only way to make things "explode" on death?

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 24, 2012, 03:00:11 pm »

i have some questions:
2) can people learn magic linked to a skill(higher the skill bigger the damage)?
3) can people learn magic in fortress mode without creating a caste and transforming people in that caste?
4) dropping a boiling rock instead of the body is the only way to make things "explode" on death?

1. Not really - you probably could make arrows that set things on fire, or give a creature a flamethrower power, but not affix it to an item.
2. I'm not sure - some material emissions raise Archer and Throwing, but I'm not sure if they're made more powerful by it.
3. Basically, outside of buggy migrants, no.
4. That's certainly the best way. If you do it right, it should pretty well match whatever your want.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #542 on: February 24, 2012, 03:25:23 pm »

@hugo, narhiril and more: I encountered one problem. The new citizens dont have a "no job" line in the unit list, but it says: "tame" instead. They have a labor list, and can be assigned labors, but they dont do anything. Not even deconstruct walls, like children do. This has to do with the PET tag. I tried to remove it in the syndrome, but I get this line: Unsupported CE remove tag: PET

This means that pets cant by made to workers, not with my idea at least. Every creature that has no pet tag, like captured hostiles, can still be used however. Problem: They are hostile.

This brings me to the questions: How can I transform a hostile creature into a friendly creature ? (even if I have to create a seperate creature file for the friendly version)

EDIT: Second question: What properties do cause lignite/bituminous to burn all the time again ?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:49:43 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 24, 2012, 04:39:18 pm »

EDIT: Second question: What properties do cause lignite/bituminous to burn all the time again ?
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE] makes it so even when on fire an object doesn't take damage from heat.  It will still eventually be destroyed, eventually.

Also as far as I can tell body transformations change the physical body but the metal tags and attributes stay the same.  I wish we could go further with the transformation, I want the victims of my fungal zombie spores to join the fungus's civ instead of just being a [CRAZED] member of their old one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #544 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:24 pm »

Well, making friendly creatures hostile is easy enough, with the CRAZED tag. But making a hostile creature friendly, that is the question at hand.

I cant have buyable slaves, since the PET tag is not supported by CE_ADD_ or CE_REMOVE_, so I thought I can at least use caged invaders. turns out they are hostile, even as slaves. damn.

Unrelated:

Could somebody please explain to me why this stone leaves RED slime instead of blue one?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:26:19 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 24, 2012, 05:27:11 pm »

How do what number is what color in the creatures COLOR tag? I know it goes like this : [COLOR:foreground:background:brightness], but how do I know what to put in to have certain colors? Is there a list somewhere?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 24, 2012, 05:30:56 pm »

How do what number is what color in the creatures COLOR tag? I know it goes like this : [COLOR:foreground:background:brightness], but how do I know what to put in to have certain colors? Is there a list somewhere?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Color

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 24, 2012, 05:33:32 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Color

Thanks!
I thought the page didn't exist since I tried looking for it in the DF2012 section, I'll try the older version of pages I can't find in the wiki next time I need something.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 24, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »

i have some questions:

1. Not really - you probably could make arrows that set things on fire, or give a creature a flamethrower power, but not affix it to an item.
2. I'm not sure - some material emissions raise Archer and Throwing, but I'm not sure if they're made more powerful by it.
3. Basically, outside of buggy migrants, no.
4. That's certainly the best way. If you do it right, it should pretty well match whatever your want.

Actually, for number 3, you could do a custom reaction that dropped a boiling stone.  Just make it have a syndrome that adds [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION], like in the necromancer example file.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 24, 2012, 06:54:11 pm »

So I'm trying to make a custom character in adventure mode that can right off the bat breathe dragonfire. I tried adding the lines from the entry for a dragon but it only breathes fire in arena mode when I am not in control of it. If I assume control and press [A] to attack something I have no option anywhere to breathe fire. Is it still not possible to do this or will I have to somehow make something that can be consumed to create a syndrome for dragonfire breathe? Here's what I have so far in case anyone can point me in the right direction.

creature_standard.txt

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 24, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »

So I'm trying to make a custom character in adventure mode that can right off the bat breathe dragonfire. I tried adding the lines from the entry for a dragon but it only breathes fire in arena mode when I am not in control of it. If I assume control and press [A] to attack something I have no option anywhere to breathe fire. Is it still not possible to do this or will I have to somehow make something that can be consumed to create a syndrome for dragonfire breathe? Here's what I have so far in case anyone can point me in the right direction.

creature_standard.txt

You need to press x to use interactions. It should be below crafting and butchering.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 24, 2012, 07:08:57 pm »

I feel sort of silly now. Thanks for the info though. Highly appreciated.

Would I be correct in assuming that if I add a few other breathe attacks I would be able to select which ones to use?

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 24, 2012, 07:54:38 pm »

Would it be possible to make a creature with a lifecycle through a series of interactions causing transformations?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 24, 2012, 08:49:49 pm »

You could do a single syndrome with several transformations, each with a start time of when you want it to happen and an end time of when the next one will take effect.  The problem is getting the entire race to be effected by it.  Has anyone tried giving a syndrome to a races blood that they aren't immune to?

Just remember though that at the last stage they will be completely immune to further transformations.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 24, 2012, 08:54:57 pm »

Has anyone tried giving a syndrome to a races blood that they aren't immune to?

BRILLIANT trying right now
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 544