Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999375 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #690 on: February 28, 2012, 10:16:20 pm »

Does anyone else's game crash when trying to view the description of a transformed creature?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:52 pm »

Does anyone else's game crash when trying to view the description of a transformed creature?

Yes, in fact, there are no less than 2 other independent accounts of the same thing on the very page you just posted it on >_>

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 28, 2012, 10:52:28 pm »

Yes, in fact, there are no less than 2 other independent accounts of the same thing on the very page you just posted it on >_>

So I take it that's a yes
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 28, 2012, 10:55:39 pm »

I'm getting a really baffling problem with a custom syndrome.
Spoiler: the material (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: errorlog (click to show/hide)

The bleeding part of the syndrome actually seems to be working, although it doesn't last nearly as long as it should.  Messing around with the START, PEAK, and END times hasn't done anything to change either the necrosis (it won't happen at all) or the bleeding (it causes severe bleeding for a very brief period, the length/occurrence of which I cannot change), at least that I've been able to determine.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 28, 2012, 11:06:40 pm »

The bleeding part of the syndrome actually seems to be working, although it doesn't last nearly as long as it should.  Messing around with the START, PEAK, and END times hasn't done anything to change either the necrosis (it won't happen at all) or the bleeding (it causes severe bleeding for a very brief period, the length/occurrence of which I cannot change), at least that I've been able to determine.

Hmm. The "Unrecognized CE_BLEEDING token: 10" error makes me think it's not recognizing the "START" token.  I think it may be because you might be missing a token for BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL.  Try making it BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL.  As another note, I think the LOCALIZED token overwrites the BP token anyway, and just makes it so the syndrome only affects the body parts that the material comes into contact with, so you could just remove BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL entirely if that's what you want.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 28, 2012, 11:07:32 pm »

[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:200:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:10:PEAK:11:END:300]

[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:500:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:10:PEAK:11:END:300]

These tokens received a tissue argument in 0.34.  Add those "ALL"s and it should clear up.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 28, 2012, 11:23:05 pm »

Okay, that did the trick.  At least, it got rid of the errorlog.  After I removed the LOCALIZED tags, it's now working as intended.  Thanks for the help!

EDIT: New question:
I have the following plant and reaction:
Spoiler: fluff potion plant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: brew fluff potion (click to show/hide)

Right now, the reaction puts the drink in a flask/waterskin/vial.  Will my dwarves be able/willing to drink it in this form, or do I need to put it in a barrel instead?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:34:43 pm by Gizogin »
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:31 am »

So, it really is a bug in DF and not in mods? While that's good to hear it means I can't fix my vargouille problem yet. Oh well, let's hope Toady fixes this bug.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 29, 2012, 03:42:30 am »

The viewing-transformed-creature-description-crash can be avoided if you don't put anything "descriptive" in the creature raws; as in, all the colors and stuff usually found below the caste definitions.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 29, 2012, 10:49:52 am »

I'm trying to do some stuff with potions and alchemy, and I want to make it so that you have to make one of several "bases" for potions.  The process would go something like this:

Empty flask/flask filled with water + some plant material -> potion base
potion base + ingredient(s) -> potion

My question is this:
How can I make a reaction require a plant's DRINK to be in a flask, and then put the product back in that same flask?  I want it to be usable in adventure mode, and I've been having some trouble getting adventure mode reactions to respect ingredients in containers.
Also, can I require a flask full of water for the first step?
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 29, 2012, 11:20:17 am »

Question!

Is there any way to mod in a civ that can build workshops/constructions/etc. out of ceramic bricks and glass blocks, but that also can't use the mason's workshop or construct things out of stone?

I'm trying to mod a civ that uses clay and glass, but that doesn't use stone, and I'm not seeing a solution to this.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 29, 2012, 11:29:00 am »

Does anybody else have the problem that letters in the interface start missing with 0.34.04 ?

I am using:
DFHack
DwarfTherapist
Phoebus graphics pack

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33:07 am »

Question!

Is there any way to mod in a civ that can build workshops/constructions/etc. out of ceramic bricks and glass blocks, but that also can't use the mason's workshop or construct things out of stone?

I'm trying to mod a civ that uses clay and glass, but that doesn't use stone, and I'm not seeing a solution to this.

I feel like this would be really annoying.  You could make a bunch of custom workshops with custom reactions that mimic the functionality of regular workshops and make it so they can't be made of stone (somehow).  Then remove all the vanilla workshops and reactions from your entity, and replace them with the custom ones.  I don't think there's any way to stop your civilization making actual constructions out of stone, unless you don't give them access to digging implements or something.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:50 am »

Turns out disabling masonry as a permitted job has no effect in fortress mode anyhow.

The best I could do, I guess, is give the creatures themselves a skill gain/rust adjustment so that they're never good masons, but that has issues of its own.

It's kind of frustrating how little actual entity modding we can do at this point without running into brick walls (pun intended).
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 29, 2012, 04:19:06 pm »

Alright. Finalizing evolution is giving me a slight hurdle.

Here's the CDI I give our female Charmander guinea pig:
Spoiler: "Evolve Goddammit" (click to show/hide)

And here's the interactions I put in interaction_standard. Wait times are going to be a lot longer, this is just so I can test it in the arena.

Again, thanks to Hugo for the idea.

The ability is showing up on the Charmander's powers when I assume control in the arena, but when I use it, nothing happens. It doesn't seem to automatically use it when put in combat either. Error logs are empty. What silly thing have I done wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 544