Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002217 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #855 on: March 06, 2012, 08:28:04 pm »

Meph has found that it doesn't accept null, so 1:4000000000 should be a good ratio to work with.

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 06, 2012, 08:35:59 pm »

Alright, thanks!

RysanMarquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:13 pm »

It isn't possible if your talking about the ones made during worldgen but if you're using a custom animation interaction just slap the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION stuff on, like so:

Tried that, but perhaps my syntax was wrong somewhere. Thanks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 06, 2012, 09:55:33 pm »

Why is the B target not working here?

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_2]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_3]
[I_TARGET:B:CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:4000:0:STRENGTH:4000:0:TOUGHNESS:4000:0:ENDURANCE:4000:0:START:0:END:5000]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:2000:0:SPATIAL_SENSE:4000:0:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:4000:0:START:0:END:5000]
[SYN_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_1]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:1296000] 3 years and ~2.5 months in fortress mode, what is apparently an arbitrarily low (probably first fast travel) in adventurer. Fortress mode progresses 72 times faster than adventurer.
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into a super saiyan 2!]
[CDI:INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN_2]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET:B:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:20]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:B:10]
[CDI:VERBAL]
[CDI:VERBAL_SPEECH:supersaiyan.txt]
[CDI:VERB:feel an incredible power flow through you--more than has ever been felt before--as your hair lifts almost entirely above your head and lightning sparks fill your ki aura. This is the feeling of true power:suddenly explodes with a power unlike any ever known in history:NA] Since super saiyan 2s can't happen in worldgen, as far as I know of this writing, the incredible power thing should work.
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:90:0:START:0:END:20]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:5000]

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 06, 2012, 10:16:55 pm »

Another question. Is there any way to make a certain creature immune to curses from mummies?

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 07, 2012, 12:57:02 am »

From the wiki:
ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER    | Caste | number | Modifies the attack velocity. Believed to be percent based (so 100 would be "normal"). May be on same scale as weapon velocity (where 1000 is "normal")."

HOW DO WE NOT KNOW THIS YET?
Because we don't fully understand weapon attacks. There's too many variables involved in testing: Skill rolls, attacks of chance (from back,side,etc), individual creatures, etc. Because of this most things relating to attacks are hypothesis and guesswork. Even now ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER only pops up twice in the RAWs (one of those files is new) and then they both use the same modifier number. Seeing as when it is used it is for high-velocity kicks at 3000, 1000's probably the norm.
That aggravates me.  So I decided to do !!science!! to it.

Hippos:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As you can see, the only difference between Hippo and Hippo2 is name and the addition of [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:500] to all of Hippo2's attacks.

If ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER is percentage, Hippo2 should hit five times harder than Hippo.  If out of 1000, it should hit half as strongly.

I tested ten arena duels of a single hippo versus a single hippo2.  After each battle, I euthanize the survivor with water and lava.  I picked Hippos because they are big, have no [Grasp] to pick up the teeth that were everywhere, and their bite is a gore which does not latch.

Hippo beat hippo2 ten times in a row.  All battles ended after ~50 pages with a skull-crushing kick to the head by Hippo.

This leaves two possibilities.  Either [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:500] is out of 1000 (or some large value), or larger values are worse (like speed).  I find it being out of 1000 as being the more likely option, since I have already experienced stupidly high attack velocities sending things across rooms.

Should I post this to the wiki, or shall I do more !!science!! to it?[/code]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 07, 2012, 01:10:30 am »

Do more science, but post to the wiki anyway.

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 07, 2012, 02:40:22 am »

Do more science, but post to the wiki anyway.
Did more science.  Tested 15 more hippo/hippo2 duels.  Hippo beat hippo2 in all of them.

Made Hippo3.  Has [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:2000].

Tested 15 battles.  Almost even wins on either side, with original hippo winning 8-7.  It appears that the inequality in the original test stemmed from Hippo2 being unable to fatally hit the head, while the battles between hippo and hippo3 revolved around who would hit the head first.

Overall, however, [ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:2000] was not demonstrably better than the normal Hippo.  One would expect it to be twice as good, however we would need to find a creature with a head hard enough to not be broken by its own normal attacks, and then give it an AVM of 2000, and see if that makes a difference.

If someone would be so kind as to replicate my results, I will put it on the wiki.

(Hippo 4 with AVM of 9000 wins in seconds every time.  High AVM does matter... just hard to quantify.)

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 07, 2012, 04:28:32 am »

I'm currently in the process of updating my personal mod to 34.05 from 31.25, and up until now everything has been going smoothly.
All but one of my creatures are working without errors appearing in the log, and though I managed to stop the error for the creature in question I have absolutely no idea why doing what I did fixed the problem, nor any idea why there was a problem in the first place.

Here is a C&P of the error;

After a bit of testing this seems to have been caused by the eye colors of the creature. They worked fine in 31.25 and none of the colors have been modified in 34.05.
Here is a C&P of the creatures eye colors which generate the error;

Now, this is the strangest part.. I placed the last three colors closer to the front, and for whatever reason the error ceased.
Here is the working edit;

Does anyone have any idea why there was an error, and/or why the edit stopped it?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 07, 2012, 04:30:18 am »

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in both you have:

IRIS_EYE_LIGHT_BROWN:IRIS_EYE_PALE_BROWN:1
Missing a "1:" in there.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 07, 2012, 05:26:05 am »

Is it possable to make a creature that can live with out a head (Without slumping down to the ground)
And if so how?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 07, 2012, 06:32:44 am »

Why is the B target not working here?

[INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_2]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_3]
[I_TARGET:B:CREATURE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:4000:0:STRENGTH:4000:0:TOUGHNESS:4000:0:ENDURANCE:4000:0:START:0:END:5000]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:2000:0:SPATIAL_SENSE:4000:0:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:4000:0:START:0:END:5000]
[SYN_CLASS:SUPER_SAIYAN_1]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:1296000] 3 years and ~2.5 months in fortress mode, what is apparently an arbitrarily low (probably first fast travel) in adventurer. Fortress mode progresses 72 times faster than adventurer.
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into a super saiyan 2!]
[CDI:INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN_2]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET:B:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:20]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:B:10]
[CDI:VERBAL]
[CDI:VERBAL_SPEECH:supersaiyan.txt]
[CDI:VERB:feel an incredible power flow through you--more than has ever been felt before--as your hair lifts almost entirely above your head and lightning sparks fill your ki aura. This is the feeling of true power:suddenly explodes with a power unlike any ever known in history:NA] Since super saiyan 2s can't happen in worldgen, as far as I know of this writing, the incredible power thing should work.
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:90:0:START:0:END:20]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:5000]
Give target B an IT_MANUAL_INPUT.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 07, 2012, 10:03:16 am »

Is it possable to make a creature that can live with out a head (Without slumping down to the ground)
And if so how?

Give it [NO_THOUGHT], [NO_BREATHE] and [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] - I think that's all that's required.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #868 on: March 07, 2012, 11:08:45 am »

And if so how?

Give it [NO_THOUGHT], [NO_BREATHE] and [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT] - I think that's all that's required.
Just remember to remove the things assoiated with the Head from the BODY call
Eyes
nose
ears
teeth
neck
skull
brain
etc...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 07, 2012, 03:01:49 pm »

And if so how?

Just remember to remove the things assoiated with the Head from the BODY call
Eyes
nose
ears
teeth
neck
skull
brain
etc...

... Why? He doesn't want to remove the head. He just wants the creature to be able to live without it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 544