Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999454 times)

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1380 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

I'm still a little iffy on body detail/tissue plan modding, but I think your problem is that you're defining the creature's tissue organization with VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS, which doesn't have an entry for "tendrils." Go into body_detail_plan and add tendrils into it.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 24, 2012, 12:14:57 pm »

Sweet, that helped. Now I can move on to using corpses to make bars of clumps of organic materials, which I will then use to make a workshop which turns more corpses into gel, which will then be used to make furniture and stuff. Thanks!

EDIT: And of course, I have ran into another problem. I made a special inorganic material that uses metal as a template (so I can buy it at embark). The gel-making workshop, which needs 3 bars of it won't work. It still says that I need them, even though I already DO have them. Help here?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:12:31 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:23 pm »

Sweet, that helped. Now I can move on to using corpses to make bars of clumps of organic materials, which I will then use to make a workshop which turns more corpses into gel, which will then be used to make furniture and stuff. Thanks!

EDIT: And of course, I have ran into another problem. I made a special inorganic material that uses metal as a template (so I can buy it at embark). The gel-making workshop, which needs 3 bars of it won't work. It still says that I need them, even though I already DO have them. Help here?

Can you post the raws for the material and the reaction?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 24, 2012, 01:58:33 pm »

Material:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Workshop:

Other workshop, just incase:

Reaction:
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 24, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »

Material:

Workshop:

Other workshop, just incase:

Reaction:

This whole process sounds messy.. and interesting.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 24, 2012, 04:32:53 pm »

I'd like to find out if it's possible to create a new building that is a copy of the existing pressure plate, but with a slight modification.

From looking through the existing mods, and the files in 34.07, it does not appear this is possible?  Just wanted to be sure this is not possible, so if you know for sure, please let me know.

thanks!

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 24, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »

Everything in the trap menu is, unfortunately, hardcoded.

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 24, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »

I'm trying to make a civ for the various new above-ground animalmen. So far, I mostly wanted them to ambush the player in adventure mode. But they don't. They do have LOCAL_BANDITRY, and they show up if you go visit their cave and are suitably hostile, but no matter how long I sleep of fast travel around their territory, they never ambush. What's really weird though is that in one world I was testing, a bunch of dwarves somehow immigrated to a kestrel man cave, and they (the dwarves) had no problem ambushing me. Pretty much every time I tried to sleep BAM! Dwarves in wooden breastplates and no pants.

So, this makes me think that there is some trait that allows dwarves/goblins/kobolds to ambush, but not thrips men?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 24, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

Not wanting to diss the threateningness of animal men, but I do NOT want to ambushed by pantless dwarves.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 24, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »

Hey guys I wanted to add this into my game but every time i've tried it on my own I've failed miserably.

I want a workshop that produces, copper bars, wood and adamantine stone.

I can never get it to do that.

Can someone help me out?

Nevermind, I reread the wiki again and I think I found out why I got it wrong

So I generated a new world and I built a smelter and it didn't work. Any ideas on how to fix?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:30:57 pm by Andrew425 »
May the mass times acceleration be with you

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 25, 2012, 12:23:18 am »

Did you make sure to enable the new reactions in the dwarven entity with [PERMITTED_REACTION:XX]?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 25, 2012, 12:40:19 am »

How can i make it so a creature cant move? also how would i make there eyesight better?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:07 am »

How can i make it so a creature cant move? also how would i make there eyesight better?

[IMMOBILE]
[EXTRAVISION]

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 25, 2012, 12:47:46 am »

[IMMOBILE]
[EXTRAVISION]

Crap i knew it was easy :'( Anyway thanks now my watchcameras will work!
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56:18 am »

Did you make sure to enable the new reactions in the dwarven entity with [PERMITTED_REACTION:XX]?

I did that, but it hasn't shown up yet.

Do I need to gen a new world?
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 544