Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002077 times)

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1485 on: May 12, 2012, 03:27:02 pm »

I think i might have figured out how to have a race be mono-gender and still be able to have children. i'll be checking this extensively for the next couple of hours. and ill have a verdict out after my tests

EDIT: After much testing, I have given up. I just can't figure out how to make it work -sigh- I shall now use my resources on making things explode...

Going on old knowledge here, but can't you make the male caste really rare (via POP_RATIO)?
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:28 pm »

ok only dwarf error left is this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but I have tissue_template_fireimmune there any idea?

You also need the correct body detail plan.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 12, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »

ok only dwarf error left is this
but I have tissue_template_fireimmune there any idea?

You also need the correct body detail plan.
have it
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: May 12, 2012, 05:38:07 pm »

Is it called in the creature, though?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 12, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Is it called in the creature, though?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:51:53 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 12, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »

Change HORN:HORN_FIREIMMUNE_TEMPLATE to HORN_FIREIMMUNE:HORN_FIREIMMUNE_TEMPLATE. The idenifiers need to match.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 12, 2012, 06:08:21 pm »

Change HORN:HORN_FIREIMMUNE_TEMPLATE to HORN_FIREIMMUNE:HORN_FIREIMMUNE_TEMPLATE. The idenifiers need to match.
That work thanks 

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 12, 2012, 09:31:59 pm »

I think i might have figured out how to have a race be mono-gender and still be able to have children. i'll be checking this extensively for the next couple of hours. and ill have a verdict out after my tests

EDIT: After much testing, I have given up. I just can't figure out how to make it work -sigh- I shall now use my resources on making things explode...

Going on old knowledge here, but can't you make the male caste really rare (via POP_RATIO)?

Tried with POP_RATIO but it ended up with males still being prevalent in the towns and such when I visited them in adv mode, so I quickly gave up on making the mono-gender race. The race does tend to last a thousand years before being wiped out when I set their natural life spans to up to one thousand years... but it still doesn't have the effects I want sadly.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1493 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12:05 am »

You sure you used the POP_RATIO correctly? I have a few 125 year worldgen and any caste with [POP_RATIO:1] never show up due to the normal castes having [POP_RATIO:100000] each.

EDIT:
I believe i2amroy expained to me a while back on this thread about how POP_RATIO works. going by memory here (i2amroy correct me if I am wrong)

the chance something will appear will be: (creatures pop ratio / All pop ratios added together) * 100

so 100000 + 1 = 100001

(1 / 100001) * 100 = ???

lets just say the chances are very slim that caste will show up (due to my calcator gave me an insane reading)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:17:59 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: May 13, 2012, 09:15:15 am »

Tried with POP_RATIO but it ended up with males still being prevalent in the towns and such when I visited them in adv mode, so I quickly gave up on making the mono-gender race. The race does tend to last a thousand years before being wiped out when I set their natural life spans to up to one thousand years... but it still doesn't have the effects I want sadly.
Really? My custom species has mostly drones, healers and hunters in towns, and I've only ever seen one warrior and no queens (rarest caste). Give us the raws.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:54 pm »

Really? My custom species has mostly drones, healers and hunters in towns, and I've only ever seen one warrior and no queens (rarest caste). Give us the raws.
as soon as i search through my raw dump, ill have the raws up. but yeah had the males set to 1 and the females set a ton higher and i would always have a mostly male population. ill be back on later tonight
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1496 on: May 13, 2012, 01:22:04 pm »

If you make the POP_RATIO too high it overflows then becomes a (-##) which then gets treated as 0 and DF just defaults it to 1 (I think)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: May 13, 2012, 02:23:09 pm »

Correct on both counts as far as my knowledge goes Hugo_The_Dwarf.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: May 13, 2012, 03:40:29 pm »

Incoming question bomb:

What are the implications of night creatures? I want to enable the [SPOUSE_CONVERTER] tag, and these creatures will indeed be rare, but I don't like the idea that they can be limited by the night creature option in worldgen.

In the likely case it'll be a night creature, what are the details about creating them? I'd like it to be more common than stock night creature, but still not very common.

For lairs, do I have control of how they are built, and what are stored in them? Also, does having a lair tether a night creature to that world tile, or can they still roam outside of it?

Can I make a night creature only exit it's lair in a certain season, or only be active in a certain season?

And finally, is there a way of making the same type of creature violent OR non-violent on creation?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:49:28 pm by NotErich »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: May 13, 2012, 03:45:02 pm »

The night creature option in worldgen only accounts for the randomly-generated trolls. Even if you set the setting to zero, you'll still have modded creatures.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 544