Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999504 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1935 on: June 18, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »

You want BOULDER, not STONE.

I changed it to STONE after BOULDER didn't work. :P Changing it back has no effect. STONE worked to produce granite, but not CLAY_DUST. Still getting magma with BOULDER.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1936 on: June 18, 2012, 07:43:54 pm »

You want powder? POWDER_MISC

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: June 18, 2012, 10:20:04 pm »

Is it possible to have an interaction cause another interaction immediately?

Is it possible to have a reaction cause another creature to emit a material, or to emit a material at a target?

I want to make a "chain spell" effect, and I'm wondering how to do it.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:49 pm »

Is it possible to have a reaction cause another creature to emit a material, or to emit a material at a target?

Yes. I'll tell you this: if an interaction has no USAGE_HINT, then the creature who has it will use it whenever available.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »

Yes. I'll tell you this: if an interaction has no USAGE_HINT, then the creature who has it will use it whenever available.

All right, while a syndrome gives a creature an interaction, how would you have it give the specifics of a material emission interaction?

I want them to emit a material from the initial creature causing this effect.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: June 18, 2012, 11:09:45 pm »

Same way you would within a creature, except you would use [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:X] and make sure that [CDI_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION] is in there. Other than that, it's exactly the same as normal material emissions, except that you can't use LOCAL_CREATURE_MATs that aren't actually in the creature.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:26 am »

Same way you would within a creature, except you would use [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:X] and make sure that [CDI_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION] is in there. Other than that, it's exactly the same as normal material emissions, except that you can't use LOCAL_CREATURE_MATs that aren't actually in the creature.

LOCAL_CREATURE_MATs on which creature?

I'm trying to just make a creature cause blasts of syndrome-infected blood which causes contact bleeding, and more blasts of the infected blood, as well as making the creature type who casts the spell stronger.

By the way, do syndrome-induced buffs stack?

Dheyjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: June 19, 2012, 08:57:27 am »

I guess I got an easy one here. But being pretty unexperienced with anything other than deleting pet_exotic and adding child:1 and that kind off stuff, I need your help.

In my current fortress I managed to get my hands on some Giant Octopuses and since they are pretty much useless in terms of economy and barely usable for defense purposes, I want to edit them a bit. The main question is: How do I get them to survive on land too (in addition to water).

By comparing some of the creature raws I managed to come up with something, but I'd like someone who knows what he's doing to have a look at it, before I miss something stupid and get them killed, right after I release them from their cages.

In order to not get swarmed by an army, riding giant war octopuses in my next embark, I edit the save game raws only of course :)

First I need to get rid of

[CV_REMOVE_TAG:PET]
   [CV_REMOVE_TAG:PET_EXOTIC]

under Creature_Variation:Giant. This way I can edit the non giant version to be able to breed and stuff and the giant ones keep those skills too.

Since they are [aquatic] I'd change that to [amphibious] (since CV:Giant allready removes [immobile_land] I don't need to delete that as well, I guess).   That should keep them alive, right ? Haven't found "breath air " or something like that, so I don't know for sure. CV:Giant also removes [speed] and [swimspeed], so do I need to edit that out as well and add speed to them, so they can move on land ?

Then I can add [Pet] and [Child:2] and change
[CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE]
to something like
[CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE]
      [LAYS_EGGS]
         [EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
         [EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
         [EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
         [EGG_SIZE:262]
         [CLUTCH_SIZE:4:5]

That should make them breedable

Since they're already intelligent, is there anything interesting I could use that for by adding something else? i guess Trainable would be nice, but I know you guys will come up with something better, right ? :)

Additionally they seem rather weak. Haven't found what [many arms] actually does in terms of aditional attacks and their strength. The octopus raw entry lists bite:beak as their only attack. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that too.
English isn't my first language. If you find misspellings or grammar errors, feel free to quote and correct them.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: June 19, 2012, 12:21:45 pm »

I seem to remember a post that had some SCIENCE done on negative numbers in the raws. I tried searching but couldn't find the thread, does anyone know the name of the thread?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:18 pm »

LOCAL_CREATURE_MATs on which creature?

I'm trying to just make a creature cause blasts of syndrome-infected blood which causes contact bleeding, and more blasts of the infected blood, as well as making the creature type who casts the spell stronger.

By the way, do syndrome-induced buffs stack?

LOCAL_CREATURE_MATs on the creature that is getting the material emission syndrome. If the creature who is getting the material emission doesn't have the LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT in the interaction, it just won't work. You'll have to make it a separate material in the inorganic files.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: June 19, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »

I seem to remember a post that had some SCIENCE done on negative numbers in the raws. I tried searching but couldn't find the thread, does anyone know the name of the thread?
A page on SCIENCE was made by I2amroy where there was links to topics that had done science. And I do remember such a thread. I remember that value tags accept negative values PETVALUE,MATERIALVALUE, etc..

But I do'nt know how they syndrome values went.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: June 19, 2012, 12:45:20 pm »

A page on SCIENCE was made by I2amroy where there was links to topics that had done science. And I do remember such a thread. I remember that value tags accept negative values PETVALUE,MATERIALVALUE, etc..

But I do'nt know how they syndrome values went.

Found it http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94364.0. Was hoping for different results, but oh well.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: June 19, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »

Do remember these are old research notes. I posted some new findings on the second page. about how the IMMOBILE tag affects breeding in fortress mode.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 19, 2012, 03:16:24 pm »

True, but I doubt the negative number things have changed much if at all. When I get the time I will test out some negative number things and see if there have been any changes. (I mainly wanted to have a negative weight item that when worn would actually decrease your total weight).

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: June 21, 2012, 12:03:11 am »

-snip-

From arena mode, I can tell you giant octopi have an odd tendency for attacks to pass through their head. Maybe it was the water though. Also, the arms make them great for wrestling. Or, if you added grasp tags, octowielding every weapon in the game.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 544