Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999489 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2070 on: July 03, 2012, 06:35:09 pm »

Nope.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2071 on: July 03, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »

How would I go about allowing sentient creatures to be butchered in adventure mode?

Editing the ethics does not appear to affect the actual butchering process. Removing [Intelligent] does work, but it also ruins many gameplay elements including talking. I've heard adding [animal] tags etc do not work either. Any ideas?
Wait until you are starving. if toady put hunger/thirst back in

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 03, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »

He did in 34.01. Why do I sometimes feel like the only modder who plays adventure mode? :P

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 03, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »

How would I go about allowing sentient creatures to be butchered in adventure mode?

Editing the ethics does not appear to affect the actual butchering process. Removing [Intelligent] does work, but it also ruins many gameplay elements including talking. I've heard adding [animal] tags etc do not work either. Any ideas?

Are they not back in already? Or is that the Wanderer's Friend mod. I do keep getting the hunger/thirsty stat. Speaking of Wanderer's Friend. I was thinking I could add a new "feature" too it to "butcher" corpses with the corpses as a reagent. Do you think that would be possible? It wouldn't be a true butcher but it could be very similar and usable on sentient creatures assuming the block is on the actual butchering (which it appears to be) and not on using the corpses as "reagents."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 03, 2012, 07:53:23 pm »

Are they not back in already? Or is that the Wanderer's Friend mod. I do keep getting the hunger/thirsty stat. Speaking of Wanderer's Friend. I was thinking I could add a new "feature" too it to "butcher" corpses with the corpses as a reagent. Do you think that would be possible? It wouldn't be a true butcher but it could be very similar and usable on sentient creatures assuming the block is on the actual butchering (which it appears to be) and not on using the corpses as "reagents."
THat CORPSE is still sentient, so really a second butcher option would be redunant. Just wait until starving butcher eat and store away some bacon bits for later

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 03, 2012, 08:26:29 pm »

He did in 34.01. Why do I sometimes feel like the only modder who plays adventure mode? :P

No one seems to care about adventure mode or making their enemies into clothes :( but I sure do!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 03, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »

Sanure does :P

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 03, 2012, 08:28:44 pm »

THat CORPSE is still sentient, so really a second butcher option would be redunant. Just wait until starving butcher eat and store away some bacon bits for later

Would it be possible to make a creature permanently starving? Or at least appear so in such a way as butchering is an option?

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 03, 2012, 08:46:42 pm »

Or possibly a command to empty the stomach, butcher, and then fill it back up again?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 03, 2012, 08:51:10 pm »

No. Not without memory editing.

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 03, 2012, 10:46:11 pm »

A food item with negative satiation?

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 03, 2012, 10:49:43 pm »

I was wondering if anybody knows how the [BEAST_HUNTER] tag works in worldgen.  Specifically, if I were to remove this from all civs, would it significantly increase the chance of megabeasts surviving?  Would there be any other major consequences?

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #2082 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:30 pm »

How do I add engravings?
Like, let's say I wanted to make it so dwarves could engrave "this is an image of a crowd of [race]". Or "this is an image of a wizard. the wizard is laughing." Or "this is an image of a fire."

Is it adding things to descriptor_shape_standard for non-living / non-specific things and adding creatures with [DOES_NOT_EXIST] in a separate file for living things? Or is there anything more to it?
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 03, 2012, 11:53:37 pm »

How do I add engravings?
Like, let's say I wanted to make it so dwarves could engrave "this is an image of a crowd of [race]". Or "this is an image of a wizard. the wizard is laughing." Or "this is an image of a fire."

Is it adding things to descriptor_shape_standard for non-living / non-specific things and adding creatures with [DOES_NOT_EXIST] in a separate file for living things? Or is there anything more to it?

Have you posted this before cause I'm having some major Deja Vu or I forgot to respond to this before.

Yes descriptor_shape_standard or a DOES_NOT_EXIST and FANCIFUL creature works too. But I don't see too many Dragon or Griffion engravings tho. but it does depend on the engraver.

EDIT:
I think this means I should take a break from the fourms...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:56:29 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #2084 on: July 04, 2012, 12:12:58 am »

What about the varying bits? Like, "crowd of [race]".
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 544