Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002454 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2205 on: July 17, 2012, 07:44:21 pm »

HOMEOTHERM is the creatures normal body temp. higher one means the creatures core temp is hotter.

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 17, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »

I know that, but what effect does core temperature actually have on things? (Like, does the core temp get to the outside? Does it cause frostbite/heat damage to occur at a different temperature? Will having a civ with high homeotherm lead to all their wooden furniture catching fire?)

And another one: Is it possible to do modded poisons? (Like, something with SYN_INJECTED that can be applied onto a weapon somehow, or something with SYN_INHALED that can be made gaseous by some process, or a powder or some such with SYN_CONTACT that can be scattered at the pull of a lever, or something like this)

EDIT: Okay, wiki has a thing about applying Gnomeblight to an area, I should be able to work with that. Any other options, though?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:24:34 pm by LordRandomness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:41 pm »

Well going with common sense and someone having a creature melt/start the wagon on fire from accidently the HOMETHERM I think being really hot naturally would have an effect on surrounding things hmm?

As for modded poisons if teh syndrome has ENTERS_BLOOD any EDGED weapon that is COATED in the poison will be given to the target if the attack cuts/makes blood.

As for controlling how to use it is still micromanagy for fortress mode.

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 17, 2012, 08:54:55 pm »

Yeah, I've gathered. Current solution is SYN_CONTACT and tell people to do that weird micromanaging trick to dump it on the floor at their fortress entrance. It's got ENTERS_BLOOD and SYN_INJECTED as options for people to fool around with too (ENTERS_BLOOD on the extract, not the syndrome, of course).

Another question: If a food has SYN_INGESTED and is cooked into a prepared meal, will the meal confer the syndrome too?

Right, just double checking about the homeotherm thing. Any idea what the scale is? (Like, would HOMEOTHERM:11000 cause everything to catch fire, or would it need to be higher?)

EDIT: And another one: I'm assuming the CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST syndrome token just reduces/increases ALL the target's skills by that percentage. Is that correct, or is there somewhere to specify a skill that I've missed?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:22:21 pm by LordRandomness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 17, 2012, 09:21:28 pm »

For cooked food = I have no idea

11000 should at least ignite plant life (plants, grass, wood) AFAIK
remember it's temp URISTs

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »

For cooked food = I have no idea

11000 should at least ignite plant life (plants, grass, wood) AFAIK
remember it's temp URISTs

Yeah, I remember 11000 as being the quoted fire-safe temperature. So if something has HOMEOTHERM:11000, everything near it has to be able to put up with at least 11000 degrees Urist or burn? (Basically what I was asking is, is there any reduction in the temperature the creature radiates to the outside from its core temperature?)

EDIT: Also: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69205.0 --- this thread has some method for applying syndromes via ammunition. Is that technique still applicable in current DF? (i.e. do arrows still stick in the victim and get warmed up by their temperature?)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:38:24 pm by LordRandomness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 17, 2012, 09:44:20 pm »

Yup if that is the DOOMIUM thread. And those creatures might melt themsleves too unless their materials can handle heat

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 18, 2012, 12:30:05 am »

It'll also melt your creature if it's too high.

LordRandomness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 18, 2012, 04:12:06 am »

General advice for getting that DOOMIUM stuff to go reliably? I've got it at boil on 10065, is that a good point? (It goes off in Arena without being embedded, but that's to be expected)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:13 am »

General advice for getting that DOOMIUM stuff to go reliably? I've got it at boil on 10065, is that a good point? (It goes off in Arena without being embedded, but that's to be expected)
Look at a creature's HOMETHERM and base the melting point on that. 1 point under should do the trick

Most creatures use 10067

so either you want it to boil (inhaled syndrome) or melt (contact) adjust your settings accordenly.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 18, 2012, 01:28:35 pm »

Do VERMIN_HUNTER creatures actually eat the vermin, or just kill it?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 18, 2012, 01:32:52 pm »

Normally just kill since pets don't need to eat (unless given GRAZER or CAN_LEARN)

but a race of VERMIN_HUNTER will eat and only eat vermin. Through hunting them I believe. Last time I played with a VERMIN_HUNTER civ.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 18, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »

Hmmm, I was asking because I thought it might be fun to give some vermin an ingested syndrome that did funny things to cats.

How about if you give them ITEM_CORPSE tags? When they are killed will they drop the item?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 18, 2012, 01:45:29 pm »

you can give cats SLOW_LEARNER? but then butchering them is impossible to butcher. But normally we don't butcher cats, or dogs even. Donno about dwarves.

And any lack of vermin would mean starvation.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 18, 2012, 03:04:44 pm »

How do interactions work? I'm making a mod that requires many creatures to be able to shoot various elements and have no idea how to do so.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 544