Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999418 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3390 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:56 pm »

Item type? No, I don't think so.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: December 12, 2012, 09:19:34 pm »

Just a quick question here. I saw a mod that organized its adventure mode reactions by having blank reactions that didn't actually do anything. For example, the reaction list would look like this:
Code: [Select]
PROCESSING
Tan a hide
WEAPONMAKING
Make a bone spear
Make a stone spear
ARMORMAKING
Make leather armor
Make leather helmet
Thing is, I don't know how DF orders the reactions, and I figured I'd ask here before trying to figure it out myself.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: December 12, 2012, 09:20:09 pm »

Is it possible to make it so that a plant does NOT grow in evil biomes? I want to make a type of grass that dominates evil regions, but the other grasses take over instead.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: December 12, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »

Just a quick question here. I saw a mod that organized its adventure mode reactions by having blank reactions that didn't actually do anything. For example, the reaction list would look like this:
Code: [Select]
PROCESSING
Tan a hide
WEAPONMAKING
Make a bone spear
Make a stone spear
ARMORMAKING
Make leather armor
Make leather helmet
Thing is, I don't know how DF orders the reactions, and I figured I'd ask here before trying to figure it out myself.
DF orders the reactions as they're ordered in the file, with files being arranged by alphabetical order based on the line at the top of the file.
Is it possible to make it so that a plant does NOT grow in evil biomes? I want to make a type of grass that dominates evil regions, but the other grasses take over instead.

I don't think so, unfortunately. I needed this a while back and couldn't find anything.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: December 12, 2012, 09:22:59 pm »

Shame. I'm working on a mod that revolves around evil stuff. I assume theres not a way to make creatures from workshops yet?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: December 12, 2012, 09:32:54 pm »

There is, but it's hoops as fuck.

3-part creature, limb evaporation, animation and deadly interaction, resurrection into creature you want to create.

More detailed descriptions are elsewhere because this is my least favorite workaround because of how unreliable it tends to be.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: December 12, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »

3-part creature, limb evaporation, animation and deadly interaction, resurrection into creature you want to create.

More detailed descriptions are elsewhere because this is my least favorite workaround because of how unreliable it tends to be.

Fuuuuck that. I'm not a legendary modder.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: December 12, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: December 12, 2012, 09:41:00 pm »

[But you could be, if you spent just a few minutes a day learning new ways to mod!][Not that I do that, but I wish for links]
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: December 12, 2012, 10:19:13 pm »

I just spent a long time here and always look up tokens when I need to.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: December 12, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »

Is it possible to modify MATERIAL_EMISSION so that the material is emitted by the target at the caster so that emissions such as UNDIRECTED_DUST would occur at the target rather than the caster?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: December 12, 2012, 11:30:41 pm »

Is it possible to modify MATERIAL_EMISSION so that the material is emitted by the target at the caster so that emissions such as UNDIRECTED_DUST would occur at the target rather than the caster?

No, but you can make an interaction that will give a creature an UNDIRECTED_DUST material emission that will be used indiscriminately.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: December 13, 2012, 06:12:56 am »

I could give you the raws for it.  But yes, it's convoluted, and I'm hoping someone smarter than me writes a dfhack plugin for it eventually.

No, but you can make an interaction that will give a creature an UNDIRECTED_DUST material emission that will be used indiscriminately.

And it's glorious.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: December 14, 2012, 12:43:36 pm »

I -think- (just guessing) that you can give the casting creature or creature class immunity to their own reaction even if it's UNDIRECTED_DUST. I THINK. I haven't actually tried it. I might science this up.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: December 14, 2012, 01:21:54 pm »

I -think- (just guessing) that you can give the casting creature or creature class immunity to their own reaction even if it's UNDIRECTED_DUST. I THINK. I haven't actually tried it. I might science this up.
IIRC UNDIRECTED_DUST works exactly the same as cave-in dust, and as a result throws or kills everything that it hits, regardless of immunities.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 544