Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999511 times)

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3765 on: January 20, 2013, 08:51:54 pm »

I have a creature that has no biome tags, or vermin tags. Will it not show up? This is the intent: I want it to be a template creature for a giant variety, and to not appear in normal adventure mode gameplay. If it will show, how do I make sure it doesn't spawn without effecting the giant variety?

I don't think so. The giant variation just adds the [SAVAGE] and [LARGE_ROAMING] tags, it won't add a biome and the creature will still only show up in that biome.

So, if i want the giant variety to spawn naturally, I need to add a biome to it? And the lesser variety won't spawn at all, since it has no specific tags? If that's all it does, then the only point of having the lesser variety is laziness, but nevertheless..

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: January 20, 2013, 08:54:16 pm »

I have a creature that has no biome tags, or vermin tags. Will it not show up? This is the intent: I want it to be a template creature for a giant variety, and to not appear in normal adventure mode gameplay. If it will show, how do I make sure it doesn't spawn without effecting the giant variety?

I don't think so. The giant variation just adds the [SAVAGE] and [LARGE_ROAMING] tags, it won't add a biome and the creature will still only show up in that biome.

So, if i want the giant variety to spawn naturally, I need to add a biome to it? And the lesser variety won't spawn at all, since it has no specific tags? If that's all it does, then the only point of having the lesser variety is laziness, but nevertheless..

Sounds like it might be easier to just code the giant version and leave it at that.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: January 20, 2013, 09:42:37 pm »

Sounds like it might be easier to just code the giant version and leave it at that.

Yeah, that's what I would suggest, although I have to wonder if that might make it targeted by the giant variation and result in a 'giant giant X'?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: January 20, 2013, 09:46:39 pm »

Just remove the [APPLY_CV] and [COPY_TAGS_FROM]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: January 20, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »

Ok, I took a look at the existing creature variations and actually there's no reason that you couldn't use the smaller one with no biome, just add the biome onto the giant version. However, there still isn't much point, since you can just make the giant version.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:00 pm »

Ok, I took a look at the existing creature variations and actually there's no reason that you couldn't use the smaller one with no biome, just add the biome onto the giant version. However, there still isn't much point, since you can just make the giant version.

I combined them anyway. The deal was that the smaller one was already made, and the giant had lots of extra tags because I didn't understand how the giant variation worked out. Thank you!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: January 20, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »

Hmm... would there be any way to force the game to only have reactions show up in the manager? IIRC, there's a bug that causes this...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: January 21, 2013, 12:05:59 am »

Hmm... would there be any way to force the game to only have reactions show up in the manager? IIRC, there's a bug that causes this...

So that you'd need a manager in order to make certain things?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:13 am »

Well, it's more because I don't want certain buildings to be cluttered with an extra copy of every reaction.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: January 21, 2013, 12:12:38 am »

Ah. Though, requiring certain nobles for reactions sounds cool...

Any way to make a creature's claws larger without making the rest of the digit larger? I want something that can really rend without being bigger than it's victims. Would increasing tissue layer thickness of CLAW be better, or increasing sharpness of local CLAW material?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: January 21, 2013, 12:21:08 am »

Change the stuff of the ATTACK token.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: January 21, 2013, 01:00:02 am »

Contact and penetration are already at 100%, though, and on victims much larger than the creature, all the clawing does is bruise fat. Will increasing the tissue thickness or the [MAX_EDGE] of the claw material increase penetration?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: January 21, 2013, 01:17:09 am »

Contact and penetration are already at 100%, though, and on victims much larger than the creature, all the clawing does is bruise fat. Will increasing the tissue thickness or the [MAX_EDGE] of the claw material increase penetration?

You can go over 100%.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: January 21, 2013, 02:59:19 am »

What exactly does [LIGHT_GEN] do, anyway?

EDIT: Thanks for the tip on attack percentage, it worked!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:26:49 pm by HugoLuman »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: January 21, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »

What exactly does [LIGHT_GEN] do, anyway?
It's an old holdover from 40d. Right now I think about all that it does is make your creature able to see better in adventure mode.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 544