Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002170 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4365 on: March 06, 2013, 08:34:13 am »

as so the same as regular raised undead?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: March 06, 2013, 10:08:59 am »

yeah

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: March 06, 2013, 10:36:37 am »

yeah
Ah alright thank you putnam <3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: March 06, 2013, 11:07:46 am »

Also for "Underground special" Is there any difference from that to a husk/thrall stat wise?
Yes. "Underground Specials" are exactly like raised corpses, using the fake "hitpoint" system and receiving no alteration to speed or stats. Thus, they are far, far weaker than husks.

yeah
I see what you are up to Putnam! Coming in here with your one word answers and stealing the glory from other innocent answerers! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: March 06, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »

Also for "Underground special" Is there any difference from that to a husk/thrall stat wise?
Yes. "Underground Specials" are exactly like raised corpses, using the fake "hitpoint" system and receiving no alteration to speed or stats. Thus, they are far, far weaker than husks.

yeah
I see what you are up to Putnam! Coming in here with your one word answers and stealing the glory from other innocent answerers! :P
Putnam is the hero dwarves need

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: March 06, 2013, 04:09:50 pm »

Is there a way to change mood behavior? Particularly frequency, and also possible stop it from happening for x number of years, or tie moods to wealth or population?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: March 06, 2013, 04:18:50 pm »

Is there a way to change mood behavior? Particularly frequency, and also possible stop it from happening for x number of years, or tie moods to wealth or population?
No. You can turn it off/on with the init file, [ARTIFACTS:YES/NO], but that's it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: March 06, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

No. You can turn it off/on with the init file, [ARTIFACTS:YES/NO], but that's it.

That's too bad, it'd be nice. Thanks for the quick reply.

Nil Athelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: March 06, 2013, 11:46:41 pm »

Before the DF2012 update, I was working on a few mods.  But totally got sidetracked with the DF2012 update, and then with other things.

I have a bunch of dinosaur animals written up, and some civ stuff.  Is there anything that keeps me from just plugging the same animals into DF2012?

Anything that makes making animals easier or more interesting since before DF2012 came out?

Is there a place I can read all that kind of stuff?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: March 07, 2013, 12:01:52 am »

The only thing I can think of that really change things up is... tongues. Tongues were added.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: March 07, 2013, 12:45:33 am »

A few tokens related to aliveness and whether or not a creature can become undead were changed/removed. Other than that, not much.

Some important entity and language file changes though, so watch out. You'll have to remove the dirty words from any custom languages since the game will give you "unrecognized word token: [WORD:ANUS], etc" errors.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: March 07, 2013, 06:12:33 am »

Webs and firebreath were also modified, but I think that's it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: March 07, 2013, 11:21:28 am »

yeah
I thought regular raised undead got bonuses to strength and toughness?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: March 08, 2013, 02:02:10 am »

Does the FRIENDLY_COLOR tag work for world map settlements?  I tried putting [FRIENDLY_COLOR:4:0:1] but the dark fortress built by my civ is gobelin purple instead of red.
Perhaps I hit an hardcoded part.

Otherwise I found out that vanilla dwarves also lack the trigger tags to lay siege, I just added those to see how it goes.
I suppose I cannot redefine the MOUTAINS entity in my own raws to add the tags and I need them to be in entity_default.

Anyway, I only need to mope up details, like adding pets because fiber cloth only caused me 2 failed moods. I'm always amazed how easy modding DF is.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: March 08, 2013, 02:12:34 am »

Webs and firebreath were also modified, but I think that's it.

Oh yes, if any of your creatures have webs, firebreath, fireballs, or any breath attack, you'll need to rewrite that in interaction form.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 544