Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999494 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4770 on: April 14, 2013, 12:53:27 pm »

According to the wiki, the [SPECIAL] tag on inorganic materials prevents them from showing up in "certain places". Does anyone know the details?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: April 14, 2013, 05:17:15 pm »

When determining path finding, do the restrictions apply to all creatures, only dwarves, only friendly creatures, some sort of mix?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: April 14, 2013, 05:45:22 pm »

Trying to make new metal that would be somewhere between iron and steel in terms of combat usefulness. How should I modify all those properties of the materials?
It's FEF, not FEOF

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: April 14, 2013, 06:04:57 pm »

average them all?

of course alternatively you can do something creative like "it's like iron but light," ; "like steel but too heavy for armor" ; "like iron but doesn't deform as much before material failure" ; "like iron but better against impact".   but, of course, you'd have to pick one.  if you just want it "in between," there's nothing to really go on other than, make it in between.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:16:15 pm by smakemupagus »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: April 14, 2013, 06:20:46 pm »

Well mostly I was more asking what do the different properties mean so I'd know how to use them, since it's a material from a story that has its actual properties rather vaguely defined. Partially because earth metals don't exist in that universe.
It's FEF, not FEOF

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: April 14, 2013, 07:00:13 pm »

I was looking at fortress defense mod, and reading the readme, it states that the attacks come in waves based on the current population, how is this defined via tokens/raws?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: April 14, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »

PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION   
level    0 to 5,
civ will come to site once population at site has reached that level. If multiple progress triggers exist for a civ, it will come when any one of them is fulfilled instead of waiting for all of them to be reached. A value of 0 disables the trigger. 1 corresponds to 20 dwarves, 2 to 50 dwarves, 3 to 80, 4 to 110, and 5 to 140. Progress triggers may be changed, added, or deleted for a currently active fort. Note: hostile civs require that the population trigger be fulfilled as well as at least one other trigger before attacking.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: April 14, 2013, 07:59:47 pm »

my first dwarven caravan brought a stack of 10 "liquids(10)" in a barrel that does not fit into any stockpile category. Is this the result of raw duplication? the only modding i did was to creatures and the entity raw for world gen (mainly starting biomes and world constructions). I did not add any new creatures, only changed existing ones' stats around. I also did not touch items or reactions at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: April 14, 2013, 08:47:10 pm »

When determining path finding, do the restrictions apply to all creatures, only dwarves, only friendly creatures, some sort of mix?

Dwarves only.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: April 14, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »

So, I added a new caste to a game that was already in progress.  I've done this a few times without problems in the past.  This time, when I reloaded the game, existing blood spatters are randomly various shades of pink and purple.  I appear to have tracked this down to adding feather tissues and materials to the creature file.

This is caused by a similar phenomenon to duplicated raws, right?  If I remove these lines:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]

It works fine, but generates errors because the new castes have feathers.  Am I out of luck on getting this to work properly without a regen / new embark?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: April 15, 2013, 12:08:11 am »

ok so i have a question. in my current fort i seemed to have captured two hippos and 5 hippo calfs. how do i train them and how can i weaponize them?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: April 15, 2013, 12:10:19 am »

ok so i have a question. in my current fort i seemed to have captured two hippos and 5 hippo calfs. how do i train them and how can i weaponize them?

Add [TRAINABLE] and [PET_EXOTIC] (if not already there) to the creature definition. This is weaponisation in and of itself.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: April 15, 2013, 12:25:32 am »

Add [TRAINABLE] and [PET_EXOTIC] (if not already there) to the creature definition. This is weaponisation in and of itself.

thank you as always putnam :D
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: April 15, 2013, 01:53:29 am »

3rd question:
  • Is there a way I can make templates for item types to allow in for civilizations?

Say I have a standard set of armor I want all civ's to have access too (say leather armor set), is there a way to create a leather armor template so I can just reference that vs copying and pasting each armor piece in?
No, copy pasting is what you will need to do.

According to the wiki, the [SPECIAL] tag on inorganic materials prevents them from showing up in "certain places". Does anyone know the details?
It stops traders from bringing them, and also stops them from being used for armor/weapon materials. There might be a few other places, but I don't remember them off the top of my head. Those are the big two though.

my first dwarven caravan brought a stack of 10 "liquids(10)" in a barrel that does not fit into any stockpile category. Is this the result of raw duplication? the only modding i did was to creatures and the entity raw for world gen (mainly starting biomes and world constructions). I did not add any new creatures, only changed existing ones' stats around. I also did not touch items or reactions at all.
IIRC this bug is caused when a civilization has a domesticated creature with a "blood sucking" ability. It can also occur if you create a creature/plant with an extract or other liquid and then don't bother to name the new material. Regardless it's not something you really need to worry about.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 544