Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002219 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5115 on: May 23, 2013, 04:48:39 pm »

meph. clearly you arenmt aware of the HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:x tag. For that, x should be MILL.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: May 25, 2013, 09:22:28 pm »

So I was hoping someone would know about worldgen wars.  What conditions must be met in order for a civ to puppet a captured site as opposed to pillaging or destroying it?  Why do dwarves seem most likely to keep a site while goblins won't?  Are there tags or hard coded reasons?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:24:44 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: May 25, 2013, 09:26:24 pm »

hi i am trying to make a Greek vase mod...
I was wondering how can i add reactions so my dwarves can add art to these vases the i cant get it to work all i can add are spikes hanging rings etc.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: May 25, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »

Nope.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5119 on: May 25, 2013, 09:48:47 pm »

hi i am trying to make a Greek vase mod...
I was wondering how can i add reactions so my dwarves can add art to these vases the i cant get it to work all i can add are spikes hanging rings etc.

you can make a crap ton of custom materials in a fake creature (inside a fake creature so random generated beasts don't make themselves out of it) and then have a custom "Paint vase with xxxx" reactions that take a vase and another object (paint?) and adds and covered improvment on the vase of the painting

"the greek vase is covered in paintings of heroes fighting titans"

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »

thanks thats a great idea

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5121 on: May 25, 2013, 10:06:07 pm »

meph. clearly you arenmt aware of the HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:x tag. For that, x should be MILL.

Well... care to elaborate? ^^ I just need a reaction that accepts any plant that has a mill_product and produces 150 powder out of it. It should be terribly simple, like the tanning reaction I guess.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:20 pm »

HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:MILL as a reagent modifier will make it only accept reagents that have the MILL material reaction product.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: May 25, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

Well... care to elaborate? ^^ I just need a reaction that accepts any plant that has a mill_product and produces 150 powder out of it. It should be terribly simple, like the tanning reaction I guess.

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

but for your purposes it would be:
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:MILL_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]

then your product will be:

[PRODUCT:100:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:milled plant:MILL_MAT]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: May 25, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »

You kind of failed to show anything about HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: May 25, 2013, 11:26:04 pm »

You kind of failed to show anything about HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT :P

lol well I assumed that he was looking at how tanning goes (How the skin template uses it to reference LEATHER for the tanning reaction)

so I just kinda gave the important bits of the reaction (altho I left out the reagent but that one is easy enough, and someone with a mod as big as Masterwork has to know how REACTION_CLASS and its big brother works)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: May 25, 2013, 11:41:40 pm »

I wouldn't assume that, since he mentioned REACTION_CLASS in a place where HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT would be much more efficient...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5127 on: May 25, 2013, 11:55:39 pm »

Keep making fun of me, because I'd use reaction_class, and not the has_material_reaction_product... the question still stands however ;)

If it were just for a few plants I'd add the reaction class, but there are a lot of them...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: May 26, 2013, 02:52:58 am »

Ok, so I was working on a spell for my mage, and I came across the idea of turning blood into fire with a spell. I made a transformation syndrome interaction. My next step was to make the creature have fire for blood, or some fire-like material. Would I change this within the creature itself, or use a new tissue/material template to achieve this. I experimented with using material templates, but that didn't seem to work. Anyway, here's the mat template if it helps:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I thank you in advance for your help.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: May 26, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »

5. I modded in minecarts with spikes... they are a tool, so they can have attacks. But it seems that the attack is not triggered when they hit anything on the tracks. So even a spiked cart with an edged attack deals only blunt damage. It seems that the attack only comes into effect when a dwarf actually uses the cart as a weapon, hitting someone with it. Is this correct?

I gave carts an axe blade attack and they suddenly became capable of severing limbs and doing other edged damage which wasn't possible before. However, the combat text is always "The X minecart strikes Y in the ...". It doesn't use the text descriptions from the attack token, but it does use the damage parameters. Something similar happens with falling objects - they use the attack damage, but not the description text.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 544