Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002347 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5805 on: August 18, 2013, 09:27:15 pm »

1) I thought MW already had that. It should work just by adding [JOINT] to necks. You have to grab your enemy by the head.

2) There are no windpipes, but you may get a desired result by adding a [BREATHE] body part to the neck/throat. The reason throats can be strangled is because they have the [THROAT] tag.

3) The skull would need it's own tissue separate from regular bone in order to give it a higher [VASCULAR] to make it bleed more. Or give it major arteries like throats and hearts.
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
Though this has to be done on a per-creature level, so a creature variation that adds these may help. For thighs I would put [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:MUSCLE:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER] and for skulls it would be [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:BONE:BY_CATEGORY:SKULL]

4) I don't know if functional has any uses yet.

5) I believe stuck-ins are hard-coded right now, but are more likely to occur with bladed weapons than with blunt ones, but that may just be poor luck with my observations.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:36:02 pm by BlackFlyme »

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 18, 2013, 11:56:10 pm »

what determines how much blood is in a creature?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 19, 2013, 12:26:56 am »

Beats me. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was just a question of body size, the amount going steeply up as we move from normal big animals to giants. Knowing Toady and his hijinks it's probably linked to the absolute amount of tissue vascularity or something.

And no matter what, a cut major artery bleeds something like 25% of the maximum every turn.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 19, 2013, 12:49:39 am »

what determines how much blood is in a creature?

3b. There are two values for every creature: the max blood (always equal to the creature's body size) and the current blood. When the current blood hits 0, it dies.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 19, 2013, 10:22:04 am »

Thank you for the answers guys, they helped, although tissues+body plans still confuse the hell out of me lol

I do have yet another question though, just a simple one:

Are the Bash attacks from shields hardcoded? Because I can't find any reference to them. I'm hoping to add in some offhand weapon shields like parrying daggers, main gauche etc, if it's possible, I'd like to add different attacks to them. Can that be done, and if so, where do I find the relevant raws?

thanks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 19, 2013, 12:06:22 pm »

Yeah, they're hardcoded.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5811 on: August 19, 2013, 01:50:48 pm »

Hey-o, a quick little question:

Is CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:x:x:x:x overwritten by the profession sprites, if you use this on civ members? Lets say I have a dwarf, add a syndrome that changes the display tile to a whatever, lets say, chest. The dwarf sprite should be replaced with a chest-tile. But woe upon me, the dwarf still looks like a dwarf.

Is it because the sprite has a higher priority then the tile, and to function, I would have to disable creatures graphics?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 19, 2013, 05:15:03 pm »

How exactly would one go about syndromes with cumulative effects? Apparently, there's no good way to delete target syndrome from a creature, or at least not with interactions. So I'm curious... First of all, if I give a creature two syndromes, one with CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:80 and one with CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:50, what exactly happens? Do the syndromes apply in "timestamp" order (IE, the second syndrome effect simply overwrites and replaces the first), are they multiplicative (IE, creature has 80% of base strength, and then the second syndrome lowers it to 50% of whatever 80% is), do the bonuses/penalties add together somehow, or does the second syndrome just completely fail to do anything?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: August 20, 2013, 02:40:37 am »

The second one is ignored.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: August 20, 2013, 07:06:56 am »

If I remove the tag [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION], can the resulting interaction raise things like fingernails and feet and shells?

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 20, 2013, 09:52:39 am »

Ok does anyone have any idea how to edit rate of fire or if its even posible? Also is it posible for a ranged weapon to fire two difrent kinds of projectiles at the same time? Like say bullets and bolts?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:56 am »

IIRC, You don't start reloading your ranged weapon until your projectile hits your target, so jacking up [SHOOT_MAXVEL] should be able to increase your RoF on a VERY minor level.

As to your second question, sorta?
You could set your bullets projectile type as a bolt, then you could use it in crossbows.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 20, 2013, 10:00:57 am »

IIRC, You don't start reloading your ranged weapon until your projectile hits your target, so jacking up [SHOOT_MAXVEL] should be able to increase your RoF on a VERY minor level.

As to your second question, sorta?
You could set your bullets projectile type as a bolt, then you could use it in crossbows.
The thing is i wana make ork shotas for my own WH40K mod and i wana make them higly inacurate but with a verry high rate of fire and cheap ammo. And that not what i was thinking i was thinking along the line of combi weapons, il post a link if you want too see what i mean.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 20, 2013, 10:48:25 am »

There is no way to change a weapons accuracy, to my knowledge.

Do you mean like, shooting multiple projectiles per shot? If so, that's KINDA impossible.
I do believe, however, you could make your Ork's gun part of his body, at which point you can make it shoot as many things as you want as once. I think.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 20, 2013, 11:00:18 am »

Well that sucks...

Part of his body eh? Cyborks here i come!
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 544