Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999391 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5955 on: September 05, 2013, 06:49:07 pm »

I am very new to modding, and I am trying to make a syndrome that "curses" creatures to be shockingly frail. The wiki says to use the format [attribute:percentage:fixed boost]. Does percentage refer to the percent that it will end up being, or the percent that will be added? For example, if i put [TOUGHNESS:1] will it add 1% toughness to the creature, or will it decrease their toughness to 1% of the original?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: September 05, 2013, 06:51:24 pm »

It will decrease to 1% of the original.

I would use CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER for that, though.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: September 05, 2013, 07:30:40 pm »

hey guys,

Is there a way to force a vampire to migrate to the fort. Or even better a way to make a vampire embark as one of the starting 7?
Alternatively, is there a DFHack plugin to make a selected dwarf a vamp?

I can only think of 2 ways so far:

1) making a caste, but I already have a lot of castes (on top of masterworks plethora), and could do with out other forts being infested by vamps through caste pop numbers. It'l do if there are no other options though.

2) using DFHack's create-items plugin to create a vamps blood at the cursor, and have the cursor be in/above a water supply allocated to a specific dwarf. I don't
think DFHack can create blood though.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: September 05, 2013, 08:23:04 pm »

Just to be sure: is there a way to edit seed sizes to be larger. I mean volume, so (I hope) less would be stored per bag, so there would be less seed-planting cancel spam?

And as a generalization of this, is it possible to adjust any values for any items that are not in a /raw/objects/item_*.txt file?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: September 05, 2013, 08:24:31 pm »

No and not really. Don't store your seedbags in barrels.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: September 05, 2013, 09:06:42 pm »

No and not really. Don't store your seedbags in barrels.

Well of course I don't. I tend to have a 11x11 farm room with either 3x3, 3x5, or 5x5 farm plots and the pathways in between as a seed bag stockpile, no barrels. Plenty of room. It's just that even then, it's still theoretically possible that the dwarves will store all 200 plump helmet seeds in only 2 bags. Dropping the max per bag to something like 50 wouldn't increase the stockpile space need too much, and would remove the spam assuming 4 or fewer growers (burrowed to work those fields, if we get micromanagey). But I guess I can only dream...

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: September 05, 2013, 09:36:55 pm »

Well of course I don't. I tend to have a 11x11 farm room with either 3x3, 3x5, or 5x5 farm plots and the pathways in between as a seed bag stockpile, no barrels. Plenty of room. It's just that even then, it's still theoretically possible that the dwarves will store all 200 plump helmet seeds in only 2 bags. Dropping the max per bag to something like 50 wouldn't increase the stockpile space need too much, and would remove the spam assuming 4 or fewer growers (burrowed to work those fields, if we get micromanagey). But I guess I can only dream...

For cutting seed spam, and reducing rot, I have found that a handful of 1x4 farm plots will produce more than enough food to feed a Barony.

catvanbrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: September 05, 2013, 09:49:55 pm »

how do you set a certain caste of a race? (with dfusion)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: September 05, 2013, 10:42:01 pm »

how do you set a certain caste of a race? (with dfusion)

Define "set". Also, dfusion? Also, try the dfhack thread.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: September 06, 2013, 06:07:51 am »

For cutting seed spam, and reducing rot, I have found that a handful of 1x4 farm plots will produce more than enough food to feed a Barony.

Well, probably. But I'm planning on implementing the Seasonal crops mod, or my own variation on it, soon anyway. The longer growth times, eg. 1 year, should about quadruple the required growth times. It's just too bad that any planted-but-not-mature crops die once their seasons end, I was planning on having only spring and autumn enabled for surface plants + 3-season growth times, to simulate the option of planting winter wheat/rye (or plants that need a cool season before seeds germinate in general), but only allow 1 surface crop per field.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: September 06, 2013, 10:15:34 am »

Can you change the [GRAZER] value without a world regen? Simply because having war rhinos would be awesome and there are rhinos on my embark.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: September 06, 2013, 02:29:46 pm »

Yeah, I think so.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: September 06, 2013, 11:38:40 pm »

I'm trying to add sentient skeleton race, and I have two questions. 1st, where do I start? getting rid of all the meaty bits just makes them die on embark (obviously) and my mind is drawing a blank on ideas. 2nd, is it possible to make to make a reaction that spawns a civ member at the building, because I know you can make pets, but im unsure if it works on the more civilized folk.
Thanks,
-Dirkdragonslayer  :D
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: September 07, 2013, 12:15:31 am »

1. Remove the parts that make them require meaty bits.
2. Yeah, with spawnunit.lua. I've made a version that's compatible with the current DFHack, but I don't want to spread it around too much without exploring the consequences sufficiently.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: September 07, 2013, 04:26:36 am »

1. Remove the parts that make them require meaty bits.
2. Yeah, with spawnunit.lua. I've made a version that's compatible with the current DFHack, but I don't want to spread it around too much without exploring the consequences sufficiently.
Thanks, the reason I asked was because I thought of an idea to be fragile skeletons, which use bones to create more, so a good meat industry(which they sell off because they dont eat) can create giant hordes of skeletons to charge invaders. just seemed like a fun idea.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 544