Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002167 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6870 on: January 02, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »

What are the id names for the forge and magma forge for custom reactions? I can't find them anywhere.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6871 on: January 02, 2014, 01:02:51 pm »

What are the id names for the forge and magma forge for custom reactions? I can't find them anywhere.
They dont exist. You cant add things there. You need to make a new custom forge, or add the items you want created into the entity, like WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:FORCED.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6872 on: January 02, 2014, 01:04:29 pm »

What does the [FREQUENCY:5] tag do/affect? I saw it in the bronze colossus and dragon raws. If I alter it, will dragons and colossi invade more frequently?
Thats how often they appear. If you set it too 500, their relative proportion will be higher, but not the total amount of megabeasts. That is handled in the world editor. Go to the adv. world. gen., you can set megabeast numbers and titans number there. Max is 200.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: January 02, 2014, 01:13:29 pm »

They dont exist. You cant add things there. You need to make a new custom forge, or add the items you want created into the entity, like WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:FORCED.
And are there ids for any other preexisting workshop, like the bowyer's?

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: January 02, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »

Thats how often they appear. If you set it too 500, their relative proportion will be higher, but not the total amount of megabeasts. That is handled in the world editor. Go to the adv. world. gen., you can set megabeast numbers and titans number there. Max is 200.

Thank you, but What I'm interested in, if I set that higher, will they appear more frequently in fortress mode?
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6875 on: January 02, 2014, 01:41:03 pm »

And are there ids for any other preexisting workshop, like the bowyer's?
A few. KITCHEN; SCREWPRESS; SOAPMAKER; TANNER; SMELTER; QUERN; MILLSTONE; STILL; CRAFTSMAN.

Thank you, but What I'm interested in, if I set that higher, will they appear more frequently in fortress mode?
If you set it higher in worldgen and there are more megabeasts, yes. The chance that they visit is higher. You can also open the creatures themselves. They have attack-triggers in them. Something like 80:10000:120000, which means they attack earlist when you have 80 dwarves, 10000 exported wealth and 120000 created wealth. You can set this lower, to make them appear earlier.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: January 02, 2014, 01:48:15 pm »

A few. KITCHEN; SCREWPRESS; SOAPMAKER; TANNER; SMELTER; QUERN; MILLSTONE; STILL; CRAFTSMAN.
Thanks man. I'll have to go with good old CRAFTSMAN.

slynths

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: January 02, 2014, 10:06:02 pm »

Hello, could someone tell me what I did wrong here? I cannot get my custom interaction type to spawn, either in the arena or the game proper.

Code: [Select]
[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

[INTERACTION:HOLY_SECRET]

[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secrets of holy law]
[IS_SPHERE:DISCIPLINE]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]
[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_holy.txt]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:paladin]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
         [CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:paladin:paladins:paladinic:START:0]
         [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOPAIN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINES:START:0]
         [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:200:100:STRENGTH:200:100:TOUGHNESS:200:100:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:500:100:START:0]

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Hurl fireball]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREBALL]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray jet of fire]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:PURGE UNDEAD]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_ADD_TAGS:NOT_FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: January 02, 2014, 10:29:02 pm »

Okay, a few things are wrong here.

One: it is [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:0:END:whenever]
the next line is [CDI:INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
Same thing for the other one.
The last one is also wrong.  What you need to do is do the CE_can_do blah blah thing, but you need to put that reaction definition later in the folder and do a similar thing to above.  Given a little time I could probably write up what you are trying to do.  Also, purge undead is not a legitimite effect token.  If you want, I could write up an example of how to do what you are trying to do, but it would require DFHack to work.

Also, are you trying to get paladins to appear in world generation?  Because depending on your goal, this could be a minimod in its own right.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:30:40 pm by 4maskwolf »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: January 02, 2014, 10:58:18 pm »

Concerning generated creatures in the HFS. Do they attack any self made creatures put down there? And is there a way to make creatures that spawn after breaching the HFS custom?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: January 02, 2014, 11:01:47 pm »

Yes, no.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: January 03, 2014, 03:27:22 am »

Am I right in thinking that, while you can put custom critters down there, you cannot put cave tribes in the HFS?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6882 on: January 03, 2014, 03:38:28 am »

I think they would starve and die out in world gen.

I know that you can do split demons in two groups: Make some with frequency 1 and flyer, and others with frequency 100 and no-flyer. Then set demons in worldgen to 0. This means only custom demons remain. When you breach a spire, the flying demons will be spawned. After you defeated them, your different ground-demons will spawn as wildlife in hell.

You could do flying demons and ground-unit "tormented souls", which are super easy to kill and leave nice drops. This way you get a reward when defeating the demon onslaught. Or the flyers are demons, and the ground units are Warhammer Chaos troops are something, some kind of fake-civ with natural armor/weapons.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: January 03, 2014, 04:51:45 am »

But, if you put a sufficiently durable race with no need to eat down there, you can actually have cavern-style tribes? Or am I mistaking your meaning?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6884 on: January 03, 2014, 05:15:46 am »

Maybe? I havent tested ^^

EDIT: A question myself:

1. I put gold dust into a large granite pot. It is now called: "Gold Dust Pot (granite, large)"
2. I put gold dust into a granite jug. It is now called: "granite jug".

What the heck. Does anyone know what triggers this behaviour of adding the extra name bits? Its a lot easier to handle if players can see whats in a jug, without having to look into the jug first.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:31:22 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 544