Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002368 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7245 on: February 24, 2014, 10:30:27 am »

Why isn't it working

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SOAP_MAKING_MACRO_P]
[NAME:make soap (macro)]
[BUILDING:TOKEN_STATION_FANTASTIC_P:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:SOAP_TOKEN_1_P:NONE:NONE]

It creates nothing.

[ITEM_TOOL:SOAP_TOKEN_1_P]
[NAME:lye token:lye tokens]
[VALUE:0]
[TILE:233]
[SIZE:1]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]

I can make the tool with hackwish just fine and it works in other reactions just fine, but that reaction for some reason can't make that tool.

The reaction shows up fine and the building shows up fine as well, btw. That's all good. The problem is exactly with the reaction not outputting its product correctly. Here's my errorlog:

Code: (errorlog.txt) [Select]

Except less than that because it's not generating one...

EDIT: Adding another product makes it so that there are now two products not showing up. Hmm.

Have you tried adding in a generic skill-less labor like CLEAN for the reaction? I know buildings work fine with no build labor but I don't think I've ever made a reaction without one. Ever.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: February 24, 2014, 10:38:41 am »

Reactions with no labor are done by anyone and completed instantly.

I've set ORGANIZER and more recently SMELT in an attempt to do that. Still did nothing. Also added a reagent, which also did nothing.

Plato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: February 24, 2014, 11:22:23 am »

After getting sick of regening worlds hoping to find the kind of embark I'm looking for I've decided that it makes more sense to learn how to just make it with some combination of dfhack/modding.   To that end I've learned enough to edit pre-embark elevation and biome, but what I havent been able to find is something that allows me to change what types of stone are an inclusion in a stone layer short of using dfhack to change each vein and cluster one at a time.

To give a specific example of the kind of thing I want to do; I'd like to know how to change every microcline cluster into olivine (either throughout a biome, or a embarked map).

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: February 24, 2014, 11:35:20 am »

I've set ORGANIZER and more recently SMELT in an attempt to do that. Still did nothing. Also added a reagent, which also did nothing.

Thats very odd. The only thing I am not sure about is parenthesis in reaction names, but other than that I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7249 on: February 24, 2014, 12:01:02 pm »

Thats very odd. The only thing I am not sure about is parenthesis in reaction names, but other than that I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Only suggestion would be to recreate the same reaction from scratch, I think I had that issue before and for some reason just remaking it solved the issue. There is probably one small issue somewhere that just makes it not work but is like super small, also check the reaction above it to make sure that something there like a missing "]" isn't messing with everything below it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: February 24, 2014, 02:07:04 pm »

DIM on building was incorrect.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: February 24, 2014, 07:50:51 pm »

How do I get a specific part of the body to be a specific material, like if I want the skin on my creature's tail, leg, thing, to be scales made of pure iron?
This should do the trick:
[TISSUE:IRON_SCALES]
[TISSUE_NAME:iron:iron]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:IRON]
[SET_LAYER_TISSUE:IRON_SCALES]

Thanks, but how would I specify that to a specific part though?
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

RWARO_GNARL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: February 25, 2014, 01:46:57 am »

Is there a way to make a savage entity to create a civilization which can only be found in savage area?

Or does the [savage] tag in the creature file is enough?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:48 am »

How do I get a specific part of the body to be a specific material, like if I want the skin on my creature's tail, leg, thing, to be scales made of pure iron?
This should do the trick:
[TISSUE:IRON_SCALES]
[TISSUE_NAME:iron:iron]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL]
[SET_LAYER_TISSUE:IRON_SCALES]

Thanks, but how would I specify that to a specific part though?
Er, whoops.
   [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL]
Fixed.

Is there a way to make a savage entity to create a civilization which can only be found in savage area?

Or does the [savage] tag in the creature file is enough?
The [SAVAGE] tag is the only thing that could work. If it doesn't work, then nothing works.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:05:25 am by MagmaMcFry »

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: February 25, 2014, 08:12:04 am »

In the next version of DF, would it be possible to make a civilization that only conquers and doesn't destroy or pillage? I'm thinking about making a special imperial human civilization type that builds giant empires by taking over other civilizations through conquering. This civilization would be naturally stronger than other civilizations because of the would use special gear that only they can produce, called "imperial plate armor".

Would their be ways to make it so that they build an incredibly large military, and take over cities at a great distance from them, farther than armies usually travel to fight? Is there a limit on the amount of cities a civilization can conquer?
When they lay siege on your fort in-game it would say "The legion has arrived!"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:21:16 am by Arowhun »
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: February 25, 2014, 08:26:46 am »

I'd say that if it isn't possible now, it isn't likely to be possible in the next release, seeing as there wasn't any mention of such things in the devlog. Most of the worldgen behaviour is hardcoded anyway.

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: February 25, 2014, 09:21:13 am »

So one civilization isn't stronger than any other?
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: February 25, 2014, 09:45:08 am »

As of now, I believe the only creature tokens relevant to worldgen are NO_EAT, NO_DRINK, MAXAGE and the reproduction tokens.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: February 25, 2014, 12:11:59 pm »

So one civilization isn't stronger than any other?

If you give one civ higher physical attributes, it will win more wars. I don't believe it uses equipment to calculate battles.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: February 25, 2014, 12:54:21 pm »

How could I change the relative thickness of a specific creature caste's fat layer? I could probably do it by making a new fat tissue template that has a higher relative_thickness and use that instead, but I kinda want to just define the different thickness inside the creature file itself.

I'd think this would work. I'm not terribly confident about it though. Have yet to try it out, because I'm really not confident about it.

[CREATURE:CREATURE_NAME]
--various filler here--
[CASTE:CASTE_NAME]
     [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:FAT:FAT]
        [TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2] //since normally fat would be 1 unit of thickness. 2 would double it, 3 triple it, etc.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 544