Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002132 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7260 on: February 25, 2014, 02:05:37 pm »

I think you want SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FAT

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: February 25, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »

So one civilization isn't stronger than any other?

If you give one civ higher physical attributes, it will win more wars. I don't believe it uses equipment to calculate battles.
I'll do that then, along side the fancy armor.

Is there some attribute that causes a civilization conquer more or destroy towns almost less after defeating them?
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: February 25, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »

So one civilization isn't stronger than any other?

If you give one civ higher physical attributes, it will win more wars. I don't believe it uses equipment to calculate battles.
I made a small race of mechanics(kobold size) who were armed with guns and riot armor, and they seemed to have taken over the world, and checking the history, the majority great beasties(Dragons, Hydras, Bronze Colossi) were felled by them and their dark machinations.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Rencini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: February 26, 2014, 05:08:47 pm »

I am currently modding the game to see if I can make a necromacer, vampire, werebeast whose physical attributes can still be improved; however, my question is where do I do this? Does the game use interaction examples for this, or do I need a special program to change this? If not, do I need to generate a new world and then edit the files?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: February 26, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »

Copy the interaction examples to the objects folder, rename the examples to something else, set vampire/werewolf curses and secrets to 0 in worldgen.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: February 26, 2014, 05:16:01 pm »

I am currently modding the game to see if I can make a necromacer, vampire, werebeast whose physical attributes can still be improved; however, my question is where do I do this? Does the game use interaction examples for this, or do I need a special program to change this? If not, do I need to generate a new world and then edit the files?

The interaction examples are only examples, they aren't actually looked at by DF. To do stuff with the ingame interactions, you need to look in raw/objects/, you'll find a file called interaction_default.txt, and you can either place your new interactions in there after the existing ones, or create a new interaction file to place your custom interactions into. And you need to edit the raw files first and then generate a new world.

Rencini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: February 26, 2014, 05:36:11 pm »

The interaction examples are only examples, they aren't actually looked at by DF. To do stuff with the ingame interactions, you need to look in raw/objects/, you'll find a file called interaction_default.txt, and you can either place your new interactions in there after the existing ones, or create a new interaction file to place your custom interactions into. And you need to edit the raw files first and then generate a new world.
Copy the interaction examples to the objects folder, rename the examples to something else, set vampire/werewolf curses and secrets to 0 in worldgen.

Alright, thank you both for your help, but I am unable to find an "interaction_default.txt" file in the raw/objects folder; however, I did find an "interaction_standard.txt" file, but it does not have anything to do about vampires or werewolf's. I have never encountered them "in-game" and think this has something to do with it (I have not deleted any files and downloaded from the Windows no music link in the dwarf fortress blog a few months ago, I do have the latest version). Should I create an "interaction_default.txt" file or just copy & paste the interactions I would like to have in the "interaction_standard.txt" file?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: February 26, 2014, 05:46:30 pm »

Er, yes, I meant the "interaction_standard.txt" file. The name of the text file you put your interactions into doesn't really matter, and as long as it begins with "interaction_" and ends with ".txt", you should be completely fine. You can either use interaction_standard.txt, or make your own file. And it's no wonder that you didn't find any vampire or werewolf definitions in the interaction_standard.txt file, because those interactions are actually hardcoded into the game, and the raw/interaction_examples/ folder only shows how they would look like if they weren't hardcoded.

Rencini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: February 26, 2014, 06:00:56 pm »

Thank you once again, I am pretty new to modding (as everyone could have already guessed), so I am still learning the bends and curves of the game.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: February 28, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »

Is there a token to set entities as automatically hostile similar to goblins? I know the item_thief and snatcher tokens do it, but I'd prefer other methods if possible. Some of the races I'm working on, like giants for example, wouldn't really fit with the whole "stealthy thief" profession.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: February 28, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »

Is there a token to set entities as automatically hostile similar to goblins? I know the item_thief and snatcher tokens do it, but I'd prefer other methods if possible. Some of the races I'm working on, like giants for example, wouldn't really fit with the whole "stealthy thief" profession.

[LOCAL_BANDITRY] Lets them send out patrols that can ambush you and makes all of the civ hostile, according to the wiki.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: February 28, 2014, 11:06:16 pm »

What's the minimum population for a site to build sewers? I'd like to find a way to remove those.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7272 on: March 02, 2014, 03:10:54 pm »

I'm having a problem with a unreleased mod that i'm making. All my landholder nobles are pretty much acting like the expediton leader and I embark with them.

not only that but it's all messed up.

The unit will display their profession as it: General, Lt. General, Major General
but in the nobles screen it shows those noble positions as the land names.

I'm not sure where I went wrong. I want it so you only start with the Installation Officer (expedition leader) like vanilla DF.

here is the ENTITY file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: March 02, 2014, 03:44:22 pm »

You probably made them appointed by a noble that doesn't exist, such as changing MONARCH to something else but forgetting to do so in the APPOINTED_BY tags.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7274 on: March 02, 2014, 03:56:48 pm »

You probably made them appointed by a noble that doesn't exist, such as changing MONARCH to something else but forgetting to do so in the APPOINTED_BY tags.
wait so you mean my General (king MONARCH) and DUKE and BARON are being automatically assigned because I missed some APPOINTED_BY change farther below?

Had a look at vanilla landholder entity raws and I might see where I went wrong
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:00:02 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 544