Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002410 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7980 on: June 22, 2014, 08:03:14 pm »

If I remove every instance of DUTY_BOUND I can have kings joining my party right?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: June 22, 2014, 08:06:15 pm »

That should be how it works, yeah.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: June 22, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »

OK, I can't get heads or tails of what I'm doing wrong.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_WOOD]
[NAME:make wood (woodcut)]
[BUILDING:MAGIC_WORKSHOP:CUSTOM_W]
[REAGENT:water:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER]
[REAGENT:water container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:water]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:sapling:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SAPLING:STRUCTURAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MAHOGANY:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SAPLING:SEED_MAT]
[PRODUCT:50:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SAPLING:SEED_MAT]
[SKILL:WOODCUTTING]

[REACTION:MAKE_WOOD_SEED]
[NAME:make sapling (woodcut)]
[BUILDING:MAGIC_WORKSHOP:CUSTOM_S]
[REAGENT:wood:1:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SAPLING:STRUCTURAL]
[SKILL:WOODCUTTING]

[PLANT:SAPLING]
[NAME:sapling][NAME_PLURAL:saplings][ADJ:sapling]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[GROWDUR:2016][VALUE:2]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[SEED:sapling seed:sapling seeds:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN]
[FREQUENCY:0]
[CLUSTERSIZE:1]
[PREFSTRING:usefulness]
[WET][DRY]
[BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[PICKED_TILE:231][DEAD_PICKED_TILE:231]
[SHRUB_TILE:231][DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:231]
[PICKED_COLOR:2:0:1]
[SHRUB_COLOR:2:0:1][DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:6:0:0]

- The wood reaction creates sapling seeds that can't be stored in any stockpile or planted
- Using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT just gives me generic seeds
- Imported sapling seeds work just fine
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: June 22, 2014, 08:57:12 pm »

You didn't actually name the seed in the SAPLING raw SEED_MAT, so you want to replace SEED_MAT in the reaction with SEED.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: June 23, 2014, 09:17:12 am »

You didn't actually name the seed in the SAPLING raw SEED_MAT, so you want to replace SEED_MAT in the reaction with SEED.
It's difficult being an idiot! Thanks!
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: June 23, 2014, 11:20:06 pm »

Argh, my little mod for The Earth Strike Back looks doomed.  Although I can get the beasties to spawn when the right mineral is mined, I can't seem to juggle the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag properly.  And the spawned unit isn't acting properly either.

The process begins when an unlucky miner hits some "living stone" (which has a tile visually identical to the layer in which it appears):

Spoiler: Example living stone (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example interactions (click to show/hide)

To counter this risk, the earth is dotted with nice clusters of valuable "hidden gems":

Spoiler: Example hidden gem (click to show/hide)

What is supposed to happen is that a typical miner gets an OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag, transforms into a "progenitor" that drops a bodypart, the bodypart is animated and then resurrected (inheriting the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE), and the miner transforms back.

An alternate is if the Dwarf previously went to a Tribute workshop and sacrificed an appropriate gem.  This gives a permanent syndrome that makes the Dwarf immune to the syndrome that creates the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag.  So, the Awakened Stone should not inherit OPPOSED_TO_LIFE and therefore be friendly.

Spoiler: Example tribute stone (click to show/hide)

What actually happens is that any friendly creature nearby gets in a fight with the progenitor, and the Awakened Stone is always listed as a "Friendly" creature in the "other" column... and proceeds to pick a fight with whatever is nearby.  I haven't optimized the timing of the transformations yet, but that shouldn't be the issue.

So I've got three problems.  One is that the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag doesn't end up where it belongs; Two is that it doesn't matter because the spawned unit is always in civ -1 and acts hostile while claiming to be friendly; and Three is that the syndromes don't take effect 100% of the time, which is most troubling for that expensive Tribute.  If the Awakened Stones are just going to be another hostile animal species, I might as well put them in the caverns and dispense with the mining incidents and the Tribute.  That is not remotely as interesting as a mod.

In a moment of weakness I downloaded the Spawnunit script for DFHack to see if that would help, and it just generates errors (tried Putnam's and Warmist's versions).  Putnam's gives "attempt to index field 'random' (a nil value)"  Warmist's gives "Cannot write field unit.T_body.infect_level: not found."

Apparently the earth doesn't want to strike back :(
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7986 on: June 23, 2014, 11:29:38 pm »

Dirst, what you are trying is perfectly doable. In fact, I do have exactly the same setup in MDF, I called them Rock and Metal Wraiths. I had to remove them, because players found it a bit too hard, but I did leave in some hidden easter eggs. Even called "living rock". Spawns shoggoths, other rocks spawn Balrogs. I still use a very old system, with the bodyparts as you describe it, but spawnunit would be much better.  Just make sure you use SyndromeTrigger to start it.

And your tribute workshop should use AutoSyndrome to add the syndrome to the worker, the "inhale gas" thing is flawed and doesnt work all the time.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: June 24, 2014, 09:20:48 am »

Dirst, what you are trying is perfectly doable. In fact, I do have exactly the same setup in MDF, I called them Rock and Metal Wraiths. I had to remove them, because players found it a bit too hard, but I did leave in some hidden easter eggs. Even called "living rock". Spawns shoggoths, other rocks spawn Balrogs. I still use a very old system, with the bodyparts as you describe it, but spawnunit would be much better.  Just make sure you use SyndromeTrigger to start it.

And your tribute workshop should use AutoSyndrome to add the syndrome to the worker, the "inhale gas" thing is flawed and doesnt work all the time.
Yeah, I was slowly coming top the conclusion that inhaled gasses weren't reliable enough to accomplish what I needed.  So, I'll be poking my nose into DFHack and see how to accomplish all of this that way.  No dependencies would have been nice, but oh well.

There were a few other nuisances as well, but all of those go away if I can get Spawnunit to work.  For the benefit of anyone else using dropped bodypart spawning, those nuisances are:

1. The spawned creature retains the name it had as a bodypart.  Awakened Stones would be named "Urist McMiner's germ" until I changed the dropped bodypart name to "awakened stone".  Now the Dwarves get attacked by "Urist McMiner's awakened stone".  Applying tiles and creature names through syndromes don't work, though graphics packs do recognize the creature and display it properly.

2. I can't seem to aim the animation and resurrection interactions at specific dropped bodyparts.  Since the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE progenitor (despite being immobile) will sometimes get in a fight, more than once I saw "Urist McMiner's awakened stone" accompanied by its sidekick "Urist McMiner's left ear".

3. The transformation steps make awkward announcements.  I gave the progenitor a caste name of "mining incident" to minimize the silliness, but it's still there.

Whether this particular mod ever comes to fruition or not, I did learn a lot about the raws and various DF utilities.  That is thanks in large part to all the great help I got in this thread.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7988 on: June 24, 2014, 09:56:46 am »

Good luck.

The interaction that triggers SyndromeTrigger in your miner will still come from gas though.

Miner digs stone. Gas cloud is created. Gas cloud adds interaction to miner. Miner does interaction, which triggers spawnunit script. So some of the special gas-creating stones will still be blanks, because their gas did not affect the miner.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: June 24, 2014, 10:38:32 am »

Good luck.

The interaction that triggers SyndromeTrigger in your miner will still come from gas though.

Miner digs stone. Gas cloud is created. Gas cloud adds interaction to miner. Miner does interaction, which triggers spawnunit script. So some of the special gas-creating stones will still be blanks, because their gas did not affect the miner.
Thanks, do you think putting an explicit PROB:100 in the effect would make a difference, or is the entire syndrome resisted?
Just got back, updating:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7990 on: June 24, 2014, 10:48:13 am »

Its not the PROB, its that the dwarf doesn inhale it all the time.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: June 24, 2014, 11:12:45 am »

Its not the PROB, its that the dwarf doesn inhale it all the time.
"But I didn't inhale" likely story... :)
Just got back, updating:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7992 on: June 24, 2014, 12:14:48 pm »

Silly question: Is it possible to remove normal stones from the "cut gem" menu in the Jeweler? I do have many "cut dolomite", "cut granite" etc in it that I dont want there.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: June 24, 2014, 01:00:40 pm »

I don't think so, I'm afraid.

I got an idea and removed all the permitted STONE_SHAPEs from the entity, hoping that'd put an end to polishing non-gem stones, but then the cut phyllite just came out as shapeless "phyllite" that you could encrust shit with.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: June 24, 2014, 02:44:00 pm »

What will happen if I attempt to run a reaction like;

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TA_INSCRIBE_RUNE_HASTE_LESSER_HELM]
[NAME:inscribe helm with lesser haste rune]
[BUILDING:TA_FORGE_ARCANE:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:SMALLGEM:NONE:INORGANIC:TA_RUNE_HASTE_LESSER]
[REAGENT:object:1:HELM:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
        [REAGENT:object:1:GLOVES:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
        [REAGENT:object:1:ARMOR:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
        [REAGENT:object:1:PANTS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
        [REAGENT:object:1:SHOES:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[IMPROVEMENT:800:object:COVERED:INORGANIC:TA_RUNE_HASTE_LESSER_COATING]
[SKILL:MAGIC_NATURE]

Note that all of the reagents have the same Reagent ID.

Is there a tag that will grab any clothing type (Helm, Gloves, Armor, Pants, Shoes) item?
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 544