Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 136034 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

Ok, done. Here my results:

Buildings: Golem Forge
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reaction: Forge golem (they are items, this way you can buy them from caravans) and imbue life

Toy:iron golem

Inorganic:Golem_stone

creature:golem

Results: It takes 5 iron to make a golem then a dwarf and a golem to create a living golem pet, out of the dwarf. The dwarf gets transmuted into the golem, he gives his life to give life to the construct. It keeps all skills, looses all its equipment (it is dropped) and counts as pet. Can be trained for war. :)

Hey thanks for linking this to me in my Mod, Also a curious question. Can you take a pet, say a cat. And transform it into a dwarf/human? Would it function as a full out civ member? If so this could help with my idea of a fast breeding pet that can be turned into sterile genderless dwarves that function solely for cannon fodder or hauling/ low level tasks (like farming)

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 04:49:19 pm »

so wait let me get this straigh tfor the golems i put buildings copy paste it into buildings_custom inorganic into inorganic_other  and reaction in reaction_other?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 05:01:45 pm »

Yes but then you will have to permit the REACTION and BUILDING in the entity that you play as (dwarves or in this case the MOUNTAIN entity)

so

Building to the "building_custom.txt" (or any other ones you may have created)

Reaction to the "reaction_other.txt" (or any other one)

Toy to "Item_toy.txt"

Inorganic to "Inorganic_other.txt" (or any inorganic_xxxx.txt)

Creature to "creature_other.txt" (or any other creature_xxxx.txt)

Then go into the "entity_default.txt" locate your entity (MOUNTIAN for Dwarves) and drop [PERMITTED_BUILDING:GOLEM] and [PERMITTED_REACTION:GOLEM_IRON], [PERMITTED_REACTION:GOLEM_IRON_LIFE]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 05:07:56 pm »

Yes, you copy everything into the fitting raws. You also have to add this to your entity file:
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:GOLEM]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GOLEM_IRON]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:GOLEM_IRON_LIFE]

A note: I use the same old "boiling stone with syndrome"-trick, but I hope the new system allows for something better. Currently you need temperature ON, and it does not work all the time, do not ask me why. Breathing in of syndrome bearing gas seems to be slightly random. Because of this I changed the toy into an "iron golem cast" and the reaction has [PRESERVE_REAGENT] This way you just make the golem form and keep it.

Once I have a clean, really nice way to do it without the stones, I will make an update here.

@hugo: This is the first thing I do with the new DF, so I am not a great help. The golems keep their profession names and "dwarf" names though. I suspect that turning vermin/pets into full dwarves might be difficult, but I can run a quick test. The problem will be getting the pet to be affected. You see, boiling stones again, they only hit the worker on the workshop. And you cant use pets as ingredients yet. (If nothing changed in that way)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:11:45 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 05:15:17 pm »

One reliable if a bit roundabout way of getting animals turned into golems is to pasture them in the workshop. I used a boiling stone syndrome that dwarves were immune to, to keep them from being transformed as well.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 05:19:38 pm »

This thread is a good idea. I hope I can add to it shortly, most likely with an interaction that turns a working dwarf into a rather soul-less golem, used as a war beast. The dwarf sacrifices his life and soul to cast life to the golem. That is the thought behind it. I do hope this is do-able.

You got that from Dragon Age: Origin, don't you? :D
Really, I love that idea! Wonder why I never thought about it...

Also, posting to watch!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Dnaloiram

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The Cowboy Detective
    • View Profile
    • Mon profil de Deviantart.
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

Posting to watch!
Posting to watch!

Do too.
Posting to watch!

Do too.
x2

Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with posting to watch, but I wanted to make sure you guys know about this so you have the option.  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 05:43:09 pm »

Posting to watch is (i do believe) mostly a moral support for the thread creator, to show that people are interested, without actually posting something that develops the idea further. As in: I like what you do, I will follow this.

offtopic: Yes, of course. Dragon Age has been one of my favourites of the last years, very well done. Sad about the second part though. /offtopic
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »

thank you guys. it works now. time for some fun.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 06:08:21 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 07:00:34 pm »

Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with posting to watch, but I wanted to make sure you guys know about this so you have the option.  :)

...So THAT'S what that button does!
It should've been obvious, but, still...

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 07:23:00 pm »

The Fluffball! Cuddly, fluffy, utterly indestructable, now with interactions!

Its a silly creature on what I test new game feature for laughs.

Spoiler: Priceless gamelog bits (click to show/hide)

Stark raving mad bear! Dont even know why it did that.

Spoiler: current raws (click to show/hide)

Does anyone know of a way to have creatures stop attacking eachother? Necromancer zombies seem to automatically join their side, but I cant seem to be able to get this effect on living creatures.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:31:31 pm by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 01:31:13 am »

I made the golem Creature Summon, i cant train it though.
Slaying elves since the dawn of time

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 04:36:37 am »

I have a paralysing glaance to share...
...and in the creature
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:29:26 am by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 10:23:45 am »

Here is probably the simplest interaction you can get:

Put this in interaction_default.txt or your own interaction page:

Now slap this on a creature:

What's the point of this you ask? Well, now you can make a creature with a sort of "hide in plain sight" ability, which lets them stealth even when people are staring right at them. Note that unless you are at least 2 tiles away with decent ambush abilities, they will still see you (I would recommend against doing it directly adjacent to an enemy for example).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28