Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tables! Tables everywhere!  (Read 18166 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Tables! Tables everywhere!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

The Legends says that there is supposed to be 5000 humans, 500 dwarves, a few hundred livestock, and all I found was a couple of cats and the local priest guys. 

Maybe they were underground, I didn't explore all that much, because I started up the new version, instead.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 06:14:49 am »

The humans were probably underground. I've had the tables bug too: it happens in towns where the majority of the population has been killed or left for some reason, leaving the city itself mostly empty. For some reason, abandoned rooms accumulate tables.

In my case it was because a vampire lawgiver had singlehandedly chomped his way through the entire population of the city. Perhaps next time you encounter this you should see if the lawgiver is a vampire? Perhaps vampires have a secret alliance with the vile table cults....

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:24 pm »

Every shop in every town is filled with tables, they are mostly covered with goods, though. The tables aren't generated when the shop is abandoned, they were in there all along.

It seems painfully obvious in hindsight, but it took me some regenning and lots of exploring in a young town to find out.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Torchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 12:30:46 pm »

perhaps the civ leader and peirst were night creatures, and killed the rest of the population, leaving only the bastard bandits in the sewers.

Bastard bandits? THey're heroes! Living down in the sewers, survicing against all odds against the oppressive regime of their town's evil leader. An underground resistence.

This scenario ... I want it. I want to play the Adventure Mode where this can happen.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 01:03:43 pm »

perhaps the civ leader and peirst were night creatures, and killed the rest of the population, leaving only the bastard bandits in the sewers.

Bastard bandits? THey're heroes! Living down in the sewers, survicing against all odds against the oppressive regime of their town's evil leader. An underground resistence.

This scenario ... I want it. I want to play the Adventure Mode where this can happen.
technically you can become friendly with the bandit civ.

so it is somewhat possible now.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time
Pages: 1 [2]