Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 256927 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2012, 06:13:43 am »

think the story of Vanod will be worthy adding to tvtropes?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Drevlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Geg Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2012, 06:19:47 am »

This is amazing! Posting to follow

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:22 am »

Really kewl.  I loved the Bilbo part.  What exactly were the world gen parameters for this? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

aeonmyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2012, 06:23:19 am »

Morul, Cacame, and Vanod. A dwarf, an elf and a human.

I can already see them in this scene, with exploding goblin gore in the background   8)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2012, 06:26:48 am »

If you guys want 100% good/evil world on your own, just put maximum amount of "good/evil in the small/medium/large region" in advanced world gen.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2012, 06:30:39 am »

Tried just putting max evil...1400 rejected worlds and counting.  Probably need to add good too, huh?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2012, 06:34:43 am »

Tried just putting max evil...1400 rejected worlds and counting.  Probably need to add good too, huh?

No, you need to put good at zero.

And put "No" to "Playable civilizations required".

Why? On evil biomes, only goblins can live, and in good biomes only elves can live. Which means no dwarfs. Not sure about kobolds. Anyway, it means that you can only play as human outsider, unless you play 100% in which case you can play with elves.

Though, no matter what you do, its unlikely that you will create awesomeness that is one tinier than pocketworld evil island that is only land in whole large world with all other areas being sea.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:12:24 am by MaskedMiner »

Rosomack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2012, 07:42:41 am »

You inspired me to try playing as an outsider on a regular world. I came to the conclusion that playing without a huge warband (preferably one companion to avoid bogeys) actually makes the game much more fun :).

Pity that my companion died serving as a pincushion for kobold bowmen. He bled out while I was sleeping so bogeys appeared. I thought I could lose them by crossing a river, so I jumped down a cliff and POW! I classify this as an epic fail - the river was there, but it was bloody frozen...  :D. At least my character died immediately...

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2012, 07:59:44 am »

Great gouts of steaming magma on a beeline for the orphanage!
The story and the art are Überawesome.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2012, 08:22:39 am »

i think the fact that it is a large map with a less than pocket sized island on it is why the island has such high populations of trolls and whatnot, instead of being just about anywhere other then that island they are forced to be on the island, which is prolly why he got ambushed by 20+ trolls even without companions.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2012, 08:35:46 am »

If anybody wants to recreate, i highly recommend PerfectWorldDF
you can even configure evilness and whatnot.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2012, 08:40:19 am »

I think what we really need to see is a picture of Vanod shaking Bilbo around by the throat.

Poor elephant monster! We hardly knew ye. Bet he tasted good though. And JUST as he was settling down for a nice dinner of +toad paste+ on toast.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2012, 10:08:52 am »

I think what we really need to see is a picture of Vanod shaking Bilbo around by the throat.

Poor elephant monster! We hardly knew ye. Bet he tasted good though. And JUST as he was settling down for a nice dinner of +toad paste+ on toast.

Hey, Vanod maybe naked guy with spear and knife, but hes not an elf  :P*referring to the fact that you can't butcher sapient beings*

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2012, 10:59:05 am »

I think you totally can if you let yourself get hungry enough.

Rosomack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:05 am »

The most awesome thing is that he managed to survive what I think would be too much for a regular adventurer and did that naked. I imagine that either he will finally succumb to some giant beastie or, more probably, he will exterminate every single living (and undead) being on the island :). That would be an epic achievement!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:48:37 am by Rosomack »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39