Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256504 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 10 - TT S1, W7
« Reply #1215 on: October 27, 2013, 03:04:52 pm »

The Other Kittens 3 - 2 Doomwheels

Game started out looking kinda rough for the kittens, with Doomwheels scoring twice early in the game (the first one forcing a wizard use after a brilliant interception by the Beast of Nurgle!). Headsplitter proved problematic throughout the game, tying up multiple players in an attempt to keep him on the ground. The Kittens managed to come back though, and scored once on turn eight after a series of go-for-its and a short pass, then twice more in the second half after a lovely pitch invasion knocked down over most of the skaven team. Despite this Doomwheels still almost managed to bring the game to a tie, being stopped only by a bit of disturbing presence causing a failed pass.

My +STR rotter (who having suffered a movement loss is like a wannabe Nurgle Warrior) got miss next game again and another niggling injury. At this point I think I'm just going to drop him, two niggling injuries and a -MS is just not enough to make his +STR worth it. Combined with the loss of my 5 AGI rotter (along with Zara :() in my game with Kanil, and the only stat freaks I have left on my team are my two 5-STR NWs and my ball pestigor (who got some nice touchdown SPP and MVP this game, bringing him to level 5).

Luckwise the Kittens came out about average, being slightly luckier on the D^ and block dice but being proportionally unlucky on the 2D6. Doomwheels was... random, to say the least, with some crazy lucky moments combined with some crazy unlucky moments. Overall they added up to approximately average total luck, but the variations across the board were giant.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:06:49 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 11 - TT S1, W8
« Reply #1216 on: October 27, 2013, 03:24:45 pm »

Unfortunately, the combination of decay and the lack of regeneration results in rotters being some of the most temporary players in BB.

Anyway, the last game in both tournaments was played, so both weeks have been advanced.

Matchups for Main League Week 11:
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs ank - w00t w00t
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels vs ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers

Matchups for Training Tournament Week 8:
Charmander - Light of Judgement vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Scrabblers
Kanil - Players are Overrated vs i2amroy - The Traveling Doctors
monk12 - Monk's Meanies vs ndkid - Unstoppable Immovables

The main league will be advanced on Monday. The TT will be advanced when it's done.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 27, 2013, 10:22:26 pm »

The Other Kittens 1 - 1 Naturan Demanto

Game goes 1-1 for a tie, and with it one of my last few games to work my way into the playoffs. I'm going to need 2-3 wins and some unlucky losses on Monk or ndkid's part to make it in.

That said I did score some nice SPP this game, and I've got at least one more tentacles person on the field from here on (assuming he doesn't roll some sort of crazy stat upgrade again).
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 27, 2013, 10:43:07 pm »

Monk's Marauders 1 - 1 My Mummie's Mummies

The humans didn't do a great job of defense in the first half, and overreacted when the Ogre Balkoth was killed (he got better, and played the second half,) clustering up and providing an excellent target for the enemy wizard to fireball. The dice bit back hard in the second half as several Marauders found their way to the CAS and KO box, and they only started the drive with 9 to begin with. Tonkai fumbled a pass and was promptly surrounded by Khemri while the Thro-Ra scrambled downfield with the ball. Tonkai made up for the fumble by being quite elusive and throwing a block at the fleeing Thro-Ra, but despite a reroll he failed to knock the ball loose. He was quickly knocked down by the mummy attending the ballcarrier, and though the remaining Marauders valiantly rallied to protect him, a foul sent him to the CAS box; thankfully, he suffered no long-term injury.

The game seemed over with Tonkai, Valdred, and several other key players off the field, but the AG4 NoS Catcher Omo Thunderjaw wasn't ready to quit. After being sprung from his prison by a timely chain push, he blitzed the isolated Thro-Ra standing at the goal line, managing a Defender Down and a Defender Stumbles on a 2d block against, and he also handled the pickup. After surviving the retaliatory blitz, he made a pair of dodges and GFIs to return to the thick of the pile, where his Nerves of Steel paid off, letting him hurl a long pass to a waiting Blitzer, who handled the catch well and took it upfield for the tying score. None of this required a reroll (though I had both a TRR and a dodge reroll available.)

While I'm happy to snatch a draw from the jaws of defeat, the underachieving Marauders have a tall order ahead of them if they want to capture the #2 seed. Fortunately, the next game will see the Marauders at full strength for once, and the final three weeks of the season include two critical matchups against both Kanil and ndkid, and a rematch with the Khemri in the middle. I'll have to play better than I did today, THE_SLAYA outblocked me all day.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 28, 2013, 02:37:40 pm »

Players are Overrated 2 - 1 The Lucky Scoundrels

Game goes 2-1 with a very nice turn 16 ogre touchdown involving 2 4+ pickup rolls, 5 go-for-its, 3 boneheads rolls, and a 5+ pass (which actually wasn't caught, but scattered right where I needed it, prompting the second pickup roll). All in-all the game was a game that quickly reduced the player count, ending with only the 6 ogres on one side and 3 linemen and a wardancer on the other. Funnily enough the majority of the snotling badly-hurts weren't actually caused by Kanil's players, but were instead caused by the snotlings tripping over their own feet!

Luckwise the Lucky Scoundrels proved themselves once again ahead of the bonehead (D6) curve, but their luck was nothing compared to the 2D6 and block die luck that Players are Overrated managed to get, which was extraordinarily good (of course you then need to factor in the fact that they were throwing 2-red blocks left and right for the total effects on the game :P)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 28, 2013, 02:54:33 pm »

Well, when I have four players, and all your guys are ST5, it takes literally my entire team to get a 2d in my favor. :P

Although my 2d against blocks weren't actually that great. I got skulls on 5 out of 11 blocks, a bit higher than the expected 30%.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 29, 2013, 11:14:15 am »

Dat game....
I will let Kanil handle this one.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 29, 2013, 11:25:46 am »

Steps to Beat Wood Elves:

1. Don't let them have the ball.

2. Him them until they stop moving.

Spoiler: BBM stats for ank (click to show/hide)

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:48 am »

So... Who won?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 29, 2013, 11:31:09 am »

The treeman.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 29, 2013, 01:56:38 pm »

So... Who won?

More importantly: did you seriously injure that damned catcher?!?!?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 29, 2013, 02:42:38 pm »

So... Who won?

More importantly: did you seriously injure that damned catcher?!?!?

He seriously injured A damned catcher, but not that damned catcher, no. He did successfully execute the 2-1 grind to take the #1 seed in the tourney, though.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 30, 2013, 07:29:21 am »

Unstoppable Immovables vs. Monk's Meanies

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Final Score: Monk's Meanies 2 - 1 Unstoppable Immovables.

Thoughts: As games in the training league keep proving, AG4 teams are great at scoring, even when under-manned and surrounded. Dark Elves have better armor than their brethren, which makes it harder to take them out. Losing a saurus early didn't help me, and, by the end, my skink headcount had been terribly decimated. Boy, do I need an apoc. Also, pro and leader. Sadly lizardmen aren't known for getting their learn on...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 30, 2013, 07:45:46 am »

When you have good luck coupled with opponent bad luck, it's hard to lose. Things were looking pretty grim in the first half when the lizards were poised to go up 2-0, but the outstanding luck that let them get the ball was offset by the failed GFI and the good Meanie luck that went into the scoring play, as the full string was dodge-pickup-GFI-handoff-GFI-pass-catch with no rerolls (actually, the dodge had a RR, but that's it.) The game would have been much different if the Krox hadn't been such a bonehead, or if GFIs hadn't been failing like nobody's business today. Heck, I wouldn't have scored at the end of the first half if the ball hadn't bounced off the pitch AND gotten thrown back toward my linemen. It was a tight game, and well played.

No serious injuries apart from a MNG on Adolf Blitzer, which is unfortunate but survivable. A lineman levels, a blitzer caught MVP, and the Guards racked up a pair of CAS and a TD between them, so that's good. Even better was the impact this game has on the playoff picture, as the Meanies are now just two points behind ndkid and four behind Charmander with two games to play, giving me a fighting chance to squeak into the postseason.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 12 - TT S1, W9
« Reply #1229 on: November 04, 2013, 09:58:59 pm »

I have not heard anything on the status of A Spoony Bard vs ndkid, as such I have set the match to 1-1 and advanced the week.

Matchups for Week 12:
ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels
ank - w00t w00t vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs Kanil - Skitterscamps

In other news, the training tournament has also been advanced.

Matchups for Week 9:
THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Scrabblers vs ndkid - Unstoppable Immovables
monk12 - Monk's Meanies vs i2amroy - The Traveling Doctors
Kanil - Players are Overrated vs Charmander - Light of Judgement
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 149