Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256291 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 2
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:56 pm »

Yes, I am. my steam name's acidicbiscuit.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2012, 01:03:17 pm »

Erh... yeah, we managed to play three turns in all - I managed to get the ball to Tyrr, who, while stopped initially, got back up, dodged, picked up and dodged twice to score in my second turn.

And I bluescreened shortly after my kick off... I would have said something but didn't think you'd be so quick in pushing forward. Besides, you had your own game at the same time, and there's not really much I can do if you don't tab-out between the end of your game and the start of the new week...

For future reference, this isn't unlikely to happen again, so... just be aware if I have an unfinished game. Though I would have thought it would have said.

All it gives me is a "3-1" with no description about what happened. Had I known, I would have clearly waited and figured out what had going on, but I had no reason to suspect there was something up.

Given that games are 'final' when one player disconnects, you have to contact a league manager and get the game reset before you can play a rematch. I assumed that if a game had issues, I would be very shortly be receiving a request to have the results nulled so a rematch may take place. Given that it takes all of 60 seconds to load up the forums and send me a PM, I don't feel it's an entirely unreasonable assumption.

However, I have realized overnight that I do have an option -- I can check player's profiles to see the results of their latest matches, where disconnections are reported. Doing so would have allowed me to spot the problem, and I will do so in the future.

There are both things we could have done to prevent this from happening, and I apologize to you for not doing my part.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »

However, I have realized overnight that I do have an option -- I can check player's profiles to see the results of their latest matches, where disconnections are reported. Doing so would have allowed me to spot the problem, and I will do so in the future.

If I'm totally honest I assumed that this was visible on your end as league admin dude. Erh, just put it down to a combination of bad luck and uncanny timing with games. I probably would have PMed you if you weren't playing your game right then and there, after all...

Besides, it's not like I'm not used to losses, so...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2012, 04:51:34 pm »

I didn't realize it wasn't, either. I promise it won't happen again, though.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »

The Ogrish Royal Guard defeats Brunch's Big Bads 1-0.

Would've had 2-0, but an ogre failed to recieve a handoff 3 times in a row, which is poor, even for an ogre.

Last game ended with a skill-up for one of my snotlings, who rolled a double six. Against good judgement (and because I misclicked, but that's neither here-nor-there) I took the +ST instead of something useful, like leader.

But y'all better look out, because I now have a snotling that's as strong as a GOBLIN!

The game was fairly straightforward. I killed a black orc, but he got better.

Had one round where I failed 4/5 boneheads. Lucky for me, the one important roll was that 1/5.

The orcs, despite only having 1 RR, played fast and loose with 1d and -2d blocks, and were annoyingly successful with them.

Good game Pies. Feel free to chip in your 2c - it both keeps the topic up on the page, and makes for good reading!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2012, 05:47:07 pm »

Strong as a goblin, expensive as a black orc. :p

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2012, 06:00:49 pm »

Despite shooting myself in the foot with my Tea habit and general inattentiveness (I totally missed the pre-battle inducements!), It was a fairly close game, although a lot of that was because Ogres and Snotlings seem to have huge problems with picking up balls.

I got pretty lucky with my block rolls, I must admit. Probably the other reason the game wasn't 2-0.

Still trying to save up for another reroll; a couple of those 1d blocks didn't work out quite as I would have hoped, although none were particularly badly timed.

Only got one or two Really Stupids all game, I think, although the Troll spent so much time on the floor it didn't really matter.

Apothecary earned his keep again, performing a medical miracle and resurrecting my only bad injury, the Dead black orc. (He un-broke my Troll's collarbone in my game vs Kanil).

I've still not quite got the hang of protecting my ball carrier, or, indeed getting him into the other half.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2012, 03:29:05 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Sahagin Stormers

S1: Khorne elects to kickoff, and lines up in Full Frontal Brutality. The Stormers bring a Halfling Master Chef along. Cheering friends leave a reroll count of 3 for Khorne (yay for Leader) and a full SEVEN for the Stormers! The kickoff was aggressive, leading to the touchback going into the hands of a skink at midfield, who was quickly a skink deep in the Khorne backfield. A bunch of blocks push beastmen around, before a skink blitz ends with a stunned skink.

K1: A Chaos Warrior blitzes the ball-carrying skink, but only pushes him. Several other lizardmen go down to blocks, until a beastman blocking a skink manages to knock himself over in the process.

S2: After lots of setup of friends in the area, the ballcarrying skink falls over trying to dodge past the Chaos warrior wedging him in toward the sideline.

K2: Several beastmen and Chaos warriors begin to run back to try to support the Chaos Warrior now trying to dodge away from two Skinks. Sadly, one of them dived, and managed to grab the Chaos Warrior's ankle, leading him to fall on the ball, rather than pick it up.

S3: Though it looked bad when he first touched the ball, the original ball-carrier managed to stand back up, pick up the ball, and run it in.

K3: Khorne pulls TAB back to receive the kickoff. Yet more cheering fans leads to another reroll for Khorne, and a touchback puts the ball into the hands of a Chaos Warrior (because I was too busy righting this sentence to notice the clock running down). Khorne forms a wall around him, knocking down half of the Stormer's front line, and pushing back the rest. TAB runs back forward to get back into the thick of things. NATAB and Tail run downfield to receive the seemingly inevitable pass.

S4: Some repositioning of players, front line stands back up.

K4: Blocks free the ball carrier to run laterally after he blitzes a Skink. Sadly, this means he cannot toss the ball downfield.

S5: Skinks swarm the downfield catchers, and Sauruses knock over the Chaos Warriors not holding up the line.

K5: Chaos Warrior hands off to TAB. TAB runs downfield and passes to NATAB. Tail and another Beastman block the Skinks down to a single dodge roll for NATAB, who, despite Break Tackle, fails it with a reroll. Bad NATAB, bad!

S6: A Skink picks up the ball and tosses a long pass to a downfield Saurus. This laughable comedy of errors works, with no reroll needed.

K6: The only Chaos Warrior in range makes a dodge and a GFI to make a ball on the surprised-to-have-the-ball Saurus. The 1D block works. Elsewhere, a beastman falls over trying to make a block.

S7: A skink muffs trying to pick up the ball.

K7: TAB picks up the ball, but fails the second GFI before trying to launch it to NATAB.

S8: A skink fails to hand the ball he picked up off to a Saurus.

K8: The Chaos Warrior who can get to the ball fails to dodge away from the Saurus covering him.

Halftime Score: Sahagin Stormers 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: The Chef makes the reroll count Khorne 3 - 5 Stormers. A blitz by the Stormers gets a Skink in position to catch the kickoff. Two Chaos Warriors knock over two Sauruses, leaving a beastman free to run back and blitz down the skink with the ball. The ball handily lands behind TAB, who picks it up, runs it forward, and gets it into NATAB's hands. NATAB runs it halfway through the Stormer's backfield, and has two beastman covering his left side. The Minotaur, trying to clean out the last standing Saurus on the front line, manages to break his own neck, instead.

S9: The Stormers blitz NATAB down, but muff the ball pickup.

K10: NATAB stands up and gets free of the nearby lizardmen. TAB goes to pick up the ball and muffs it.

S10: A skink picks up the ball and gets the ball back to midfield.

K11: NATAB blitzes the ball carrier, but only manages to push him sideways. Beastmen get beside the other skinks who are deep, and Chaos Warriors at midfield knock over some Sauruses.

S11: The ball carrier hands the ball off to the skink beside Tail, who fails to dodge away from tail, but with the bouncing ball ending up back in the hands of the original ball carrying Skink.

K12: NATAB again blitzes the ball carrier, but knocks him over this time. Another beastman pulls back to help defend. Tail goes for the ball, but fails to dodge away from the nearby Saurus.

S12: A skink stands up, picks up the ball, runs it into the end  zone... and falls over trying to GFI. The fans toss the ball straight back upfield, nearing midfield.

K13: The leader of the team, Frizfagors, is the last beastman with a shot at the ball. He runs over, picks it up, runs forward, and tosses it downfield to Speedy Sprafy. Amazingly, the pass succeeds, and Sprafy runs the ball in for the touchdown.

S13: Khorne can only field 10 players, so they keep TAB deep and put *only* nine men on the front line, with Tail and Speedy Spraffy on the edges. The kickoff is high, but near the end zone; the skink muffs the catch. The skink also fails to pick up the ball, leaving it lying by the Stormer's goal line.

K14: NATAB gets cleared by front-line blocking to run toward the backfield Skink. TAB helps Tail have a mutual knockdown with the Saurus facing him.

S14: The skink gets the ball this time, and tosses it forward to another skink, who runs it deep into Khorne territory.

K15: Frizfagors runs back and knocks the ball carrier (the M9, A4 Skink) out of the game. TAB dodges twice to get back to the ball, picks it up, runs it forward, and fumbles a pass to NATAB.

S15: A skink flubs picking up the ball.

K16: The skink is pushed off the ball. TAB stands up, runs to the ball, picks it up, tries to get forward enough for a reasonable pass to NATAB, who is within range of the score... and falls over.

S16: A failed block ends the comedy of errors.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 1 Sahagin Stormers

Final Thoughts: This match was a comedy of errors pretty much the whole way. Passers that ought to make passes would flub. GFIs that could fail did. It took Khorne until 3/4 of the way through the game to injure a skink, and the injury count ended even at 2 apiece. This game could be its own blooper reel. Also, the next time somebody tells me how inducements don't pay for themself, I will have a generic two-word response: Halfling Chef.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2012, 09:34:39 pm »

Only game left this week is w00t w00t vs Lutefisk Legion. Any updates, ank/Xanatos Jr.?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:30 am »

Only game left this week is w00t w00t vs Lutefisk Legion. Any updates, ank/Xanatos Jr.?

*Pokes at ank/Xanatos Jr.* Hey! You two! Wake up!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »

Agreed. While I'm not too concerned about keeping one 'week' at 7 days long, I do need to keep the season moving forward. Don't suppose you guys can play within the next couple of days?

In other news, the latest patch has (supposedly, I haven't tested it) fixed the end of game winnings, so you now actually get what it says you get, and rerolling it (maybe) works too!

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2012, 09:33:18 pm »

I tried to make contact over steam, but real life interrupted. I'll try tomorrow.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2012, 02:41:14 pm »

I'm dropping out. I'm sorry, but it's just getting hard to play. I hate quitting on you guys, but I'm just not enjoying this anymore.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2012, 02:48:35 pm »

That's entirely unfortunate, but understandable. If you change your mind later and feel like playing some more games, maybe gather some SPP for next season then feel free to return.

I'll mark you off as byes until then.

Week Three begins.
Jartol - Manner Pylon versus AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads versus Kanil - Self Inflicted

Charmander - Sahagin Stormers versus BYE
ank - w00t w00t versus ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 03:52:09 pm by Kanil »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 3
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2012, 03:46:23 am »

are you sure i'm supposed to play Ndkid again?

i thought i would be playing charmander this week.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 149