Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256273 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 5!
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2012, 11:12:17 pm »

Monk's Marauders vs Self Inflicted

All in all, a very fun and challenging match I was quite satisfied to walk away from with a draw. I didn't know what to expect from Vampires since the AI obviously doesn't play them right, and I think I picked up a few cute tricks Kanil sprang on me. That first half was chaotic, and the only reason I didn't give up a TD from the get-go was the temporary numbers advantage I managed to get- I'd add bad luck, but we both had a few "Come on, man!" plays. I rather wish Helmut had completed that pass, since he only needed the one SPP to level up, but the Ogre was blooded and the heroic Manfred from last match caught MVP for his second level, so that's something. I greatly look forward to the rematch- hopefully my pass defense will be better by then!

And hey, I finally figured out the speed settings on the replays- stupid lack of numpad!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2012, 09:35:02 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Manner Pylon

Pre-game potions give two Skaven extra AGL, and one extra STR. Plus the canonical HMC, of course. Khorne elects to kick off.

M1: Khorne lines up in FFB. The HMC pulls two rerolls, and the Pylons get a quick snap. A gutter runner with the ball at midfield runs the ball almost into the end zone. A lineman knocks himself out on the line.

K1: A beastman knocks out a stormvermin. Soft-hands (who now has three arms) injures a gutter runner. The minotaur kills a lineman. A couple of beastmen make token efforts to run toward the gutter runner with the ball.

M2: The rat ogre knocks over a warrior, then the ball gets run in for the score.

K2: TAB goes back to receive the kickoff. Brilliant coaching gives an extra reroll, and the kickoff goes out of bounds. TAB passes the ball to Soft-Hands. A beastman knocks out a lineman. Soft-Hands blitzes forward and knocks over a Gutter Runner.

M3: An amped up gutter runner (S3, A5) knocks over Soft-Hands. The thrower dodges around and gets his hands on the ball.

K3: A beastman knocks down the passer with the ball. The ball goes into the hands of the amped gutter runner. Khorne surrounds said gutter runner, leaving him one rather well guarded point of egress.

M4: A gutter runner stands up and runs to the Khorne side of the pitch. Another gutter runner injures himself trying to dodge away from the Khorne wall.

K4: A beastman pinches the nerve of the amped up gutter runner, ending his day. Another one picks up the ball and runs it in for the score.

M5: The Skaven are down to 5 on the field. Khorne lines up in FFB. The thrower picks up the ball, and accidentally tosses it to a beastman.

K5: The minotaur knocks out the rat ogre, falling over himself.

M6: A storm vermin knocks over the ball carrier. A gutter runner runs in to pick it up and heads downfield.

K6: Two beastmen run back to knock over the gutter runner. A third beastman picks up the ball, and lobs a bomb to Soft-Hands. Amazingly, the Gods of Chaos smile, and the ball lands perfectly. Soft-Hands lumbers forward.

M7: Two stormvermin make their way to near Soft-Hands and friends. The minotaurs tentacles and tail keep another from doing so.

K7: The minotaur knocks out a rat. TAB knocks out the passer.

M8: A stormvermin falls over trying to dodge.

K8: Soft-Hands runs the ball in.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 Manner Pylon

K9: Khorne pulls TAB back to receive. The HMC takes the half off. Khorne gets an extra reroll from the fans. Only five skaven make it onto the field. A stormvermin is knocked out; the other three skaven on the line go down. TAB goes to pick up the ball and muffs it.

M9: The skaven team stands up. The gutter runner who was still up dodges into the Khorne side of the field.

K10: TAB picks up the ball, runs it forward, and tosses it to Soft-Hands, who runs it downfield. The non-gutter runners go back down. Several teammates coalesce around Soft-Hands.

M10: Not much.

K11: Soft-Hands gives the ball to Speedy, who runs it in for the score.

M11: Khorne lines up in FFB. The Pylons have five players. Khorne is handed yet another reroll. A lineman goes back to pick up the ball, and tries to toss it to a player at midfield. The ball lands behind the other skaven.

K12: After some tackles, the bouncing ball lands in the hands of TAB. Another skaven is knocked out.

M12: TAB gets blitzed down. A gutter runner picks up the ball, but drops it trying to sprint downfield.

K13: A beastman runs back, picks up the ball, and heaves a long bomb to Soft-Hands. The pass falls into his hands. He hands it to a rookie, who runs it in for the score.

M13: Yet another reroll for Khorne. The Pylons are fielding 6 players now, and have the rat ogre back. With his help, half the Khorne front line goes down. A gutter runner with the ball goes most of the way toward the end zone.

K14: TAB runs back to blitz the ball carrier, but only pushes him closer to the goal line.

M14: The gutter runner runs in the touchdown.

K15: TAB goes back to receive the kickoff. Khorne gets *another* reroll. TAB picks up the ball, runs it forward, and hands it to a beastman. The rest of the team takes down all but one skaven on the line.

M15: The skaven blitz the ball carrier down. A gutter runner picks the ball up from where the crowd threw it in, but falls over trying to get some extra distance.

K16: TAB picks up the ball and lobs it to a nearby beastman, who runs it in for the score.

M16: Failed ball pickup.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 5 - 2 Manner Pylon

Thoughts: Jartol was pretty much boned after turn 1... there were just too many KO's and injuries too fast. He was going to get the first score, and I figured (correctly) that he'd get a second, but he just wasn't going to have the manpower to keep me from getting mine, as well. The luck held for Khorne throughout. It was rare that I even had to use a reroll. The whole time, Jartol handled it with style, never complaining about the fact that Nuffle was completely against him. I'll write this off as a tribute game to honor NATAB. Soft-Hands is well on his way to be a slightly slower replacement, now that he's grown his third arm.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:38:35 am by ndkid »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:31 pm »

Ouch, 5 men on the field at turn 5? That's just brutal.

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

Such is the life of a hard working Skaven team. Atleast we got our Drugs.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:04 am »

I have to say, I'm enjoying this small league of dedicated players who work to get their games played promptly (thus allowing us all to play more) far more than a larger league where there are inevitable dropouts as the season goes on!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2012, 09:46:27 am »

Just a heads up, ank and I probably wont be able to get our game played until the weekend, mostly due to college stuff on my end.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2012, 10:57:26 am »

This has been by far the fastest, most efficient and well mannered(ie not dropping out) tournament yet!
Cheers!
On top of that i'm #1 in the league and no elves has been injured yet, this is looking good!
(famous last words from elves about to play against dwarves)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2012, 12:20:49 pm »

Warhammer is doing the writeup, but just wanted to post results fast, so we could advance the week.

Dorf 1 - 1 Elves

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2012, 12:25:23 pm »

Warhammer is doing the writeup, but just wanted to post results fast, so we could advance the week.

Dorf 1 - 1 Elves
Wow, anyone that can hold the elves to a single score is doing something right!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2012, 12:54:31 pm »

Dorf 1 - 1 Elves

I haven't had my chance to try yet... but I'm confident. :P

As for advancing the week, we actually still have one game left to play -- but the effort is appreciated.

Charmander/Burnt Pies: Any updates? You've still plenty of time, of course.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2012, 12:55:24 pm »

Dorf 1 - 1 Elves

Indeed, I'm quite keen to read the recap- sounds like a good game!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2012, 01:06:40 pm »

Dorf 1 - 1 Elves

Indeed, I'm quite keen to read the recap- sounds like a good game!
I started off with 1.8 million in indictments.

Turn 1: standard shoving around, several elves slip by in preparation for receiving their passes. thrower grabs the ball. then the turn ended and he took a fireball to the face from a wizard. placing the ball on the ground, deep in their territory. One of my runners made a mad dash for the ball, through 1-2 tackle zones and grabbed it. joined shortly thereafter by several slayers, blitzers, and blockers

The rest of the half consisted of refighting the war of the beard, and the elves lost three players to various injuries, and a failed jump check. I scored on turn 7, which was then followed by more elf punching. a slayer also intercepted a pass somewhere in here.

The second half did not go nearly as well for me, I received but made the idiotic decision to try to break through near the treeman. it still took him 4 turns and knocking down every single one of my players before he got the ball. a slayer attempted to blitz the wardancer carrying the ball, but failed.

The last drive attempted to break through the elves' right, but was unable to actually punch through due to the number and positioning of the bodies. 1 elf player died of a bad case of slayer fist to the throat. I dropped the ball on turn 15 ish, and it fell into a cluster of dwarves, effectively locking it down.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2012, 01:35:15 pm »

"I've just been handed some surprising news! An elf has just been intercepted by a dwarf!"

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2012, 06:28:28 pm »

Just a heads up, ank and I probably wont be able to get our game played until the weekend, mostly due to college stuff on my end.

Any progress made on this front?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »

The game was already played. We are currently waiting on Charmander and Burnt Pies.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 149