Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255618 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 11!
« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »

Match validated.

ank's OTTD guy is annoying, but it's 190 TV worth of bloat, and a lot of SPPs that aren't being given out to his other players. He has to sit on the bench whenever ank has 12 players available, as well. He'll only have 11 players for next game, so I should be able to target the guy right from the beginning -- no promises he'll die, but he's going to eat some fouls until he's at least unconscious. :)

Burnt Pies/monk12: Was your game played alright and should be validated?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 07, 2012, 03:48:11 pm »

You forgot my last awesome TD where I got a blitz and caught the ball, then lost it and recovered it in the last turn.

Match ended 5-3!

Thanks for the game, best match of the season!

Also, I have actually done worse since I got Mr. MA10... 1 win 1 loss and 1 draw.

I am considering dropping a reroll since i have 6 and I'd rather have another lineman.
Spiralling expenses are really getting to me, and I only have 12 players.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 07, 2012, 08:03:43 pm »

Yep, sorry I haven't checked in, been busy.

Short version- Humans pulled some Elfy shenanigans after receiving in the first half for a score, and managed to hold off the Orcs for the remainder of that period through liberal wrestling. Unfortunately for me, the second half went downhill once Dagg the Ogre got hurt, followed by a general collapse of the line that led to a last minute score by Tuffgang the Goblin. Hard fought 1-1 Draw, no permanent injuries, nothing terribly exciting.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 07, 2012, 09:59:30 pm »

... Yeah, spiralling expenses are getting to me as well, but the good (!) thing about skinks is that they get switched around, inevitably.

The rolls from levelling up last game pushed me over 2k with a full roster, but we are a large, and experienced, team at this point... just not that successful.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2012, 02:53:06 pm »

Three things.

Warhammer and I played our game, the only game remaining is Jartol vs Charmander.

Spiraling expenses can be changed between seasons, but I'm not sure there's a reason to. Both of your teams are quite bloated, and trimming out the excess would reduce the impact it has on you... put in another way, it seems to be working as designed. If you wish to see it changed, we can all discuss more what we'd like to see it as for next season, though.

Lastly, the latest expansion is due out October 11th. Supposedly you can use the new teams it adds in old leagues, alongside players who don't have the expansion. Given that the teams are balanced, I see no reason to forbid anyone from doing so -- any objections?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2012, 06:36:31 pm »

Oh, I'm not complaining, it was more an observation.

And, bleh, holding things up again... I've been wiped this weekend, but I'll try and get some time in somewhere.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »

So is this like fantasy football or something? If so that pretty cool.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2012, 08:16:00 pm »

Well, fantasy football if you're an American.

Set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe.

And also violent and hilariously dangerous.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2012, 08:22:11 pm »

Plus you can throw halflings at people.

And it's a legitimate strategy.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2012, 09:45:07 pm »

Plus you can throw halflings at people.

And it's a legitimate strategy.
I managed to beat a skaven team 4-1 with it. I have no idea how it happened but the record is there
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2012, 03:00:43 am »

I vote YES to expansion team.
And i ofc vote to increase the spiralling expenses cap just a little.
otherwise i think i might have to drop that 6'th re-roll.
Also, remember that inducement with potions allowed is almost better than real money.
All the times have have fought str and agi 4 blitzers...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »

Well, fantasy football if you're an American.

I like to describe it as a computer game made by a French company based on a board game made by an English Company meant to simulate what it would be like if American football were played by fantasy races with various bad British accents.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »

Lastly, the latest expansion is due out October 11th. Supposedly you can use the new teams it adds in old leagues, alongside players who don't have the expansion. Given that the teams are balanced, I see no reason to forbid anyone from doing so -- any objections?
Can you give a brief synopsis of what teams they're adding? Finally putting Chaos Dwarves in?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

Yeah, Chaos Dwarves, Underworld, and their own Khorne roster. GW apparently said no to Slaan and I'm not sure why they didn't add Chaos Pact. Possibly (probably) because they're incompetent.

Spoiler: Chaos Dwarves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Underworld (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Khorne (click to show/hide)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 10, 2012, 01:36:01 am »

Whats the point of Underworld?
It just looks like skavens with goblins instead of Gutterrunners
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 149