Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256237 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Signup
« Reply #465 on: November 17, 2012, 04:49:29 am »

Do I even have to say that i'm in for the next season?
i'm considering giving w00t w00t a rest this season, maybe start a new team.

I think the season was a bit on the long side, I would prefer single round robin.
also because the game schedules double round robin weird, so you have repeat matches just after each other.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 17, 2012, 05:12:13 am »

Welcome back AlStar.

ank, let me know when you've settled on a team. You've got plenty of time to think about it, just when you do, give me a heads up please.

I'll obviously be playing, too... but I'm undecided on a team currently.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 17, 2012, 08:51:59 am »

I'm in, but... erh, I don't know. I want to keep playing the Stormers, but their TV is also spiralling at this point. I'll think about it, depending what other people decide to use.

Edit: Oh, sod it, if we've got full-strength orcs and chaos, I'm not gonna take any chances. The Stormers are coming back to fumble passes and fall over at a patch of dirt near you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:29:36 am by Charmander »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 17, 2012, 10:57:28 am »

With Burnt Pies claiming Orcs again, I'll be tempted to keep running with Kobb's Khorne. They lost a *lot* of what made them great last season, and they were only starting to pick it back up by the end. I feel like I may need to drop some talent that didn't develop quite the way I should have taken it, perhaps.

If anyone strongly hates playing Kobb's Khorne, I'm also willing to begin a new team.

I don't mind the long seasons, myself... especially given how we were almost always prompt with our game-playing, so I didn't tend to feel that I was waiting forever for a week to finish.

I didn't notice anything about the potions I hated, so I think I'm fine with the rules from this season, as well.

I'll be back home Wednesday; I'm confident the season won't start before then, so I should be back to normal by the time it does. :-)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 18, 2012, 06:43:38 pm »

With 8 players signed up, I think we should be able to start soon.

From the sounds of things, the longer tournament seemed acceptable to more people than I expected -- we'll probably go with that again, unless some more people say they don't want it.

AlStar: Feel free to apply to "Bay12 League" with the password "Bay12" once you've got your roster worked out.

ank: Same thing, basically. If you're creating a new team, just remove your old one from the league and apply the new one. If you're sticking with the elves, then you don't need to do anything.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 18, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »

AlStar: Feel free to apply to "Bay12 League" with the password "Bay12" once you've got your roster worked out.

Glistening Dementia has applied to the league. Don't know how well a brand-new team will do against seasoned veterns (maybe I should've used Dark Vertibrae?) But I'll give it my best.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 18, 2012, 07:07:49 pm »

If you change your mind, feel free to unapply/reapply.

If you're worried about competing, you might consider starting with more positionals and just inducing rerolls. Of course, that might be slightly risky if you run into another TV1000 team, but it'll get your team developing a bit faster. I think you'll be just fine by the end of the season, however.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 18, 2012, 07:23:08 pm »

Eh, more positionals means more dwarves. Not totally a horrible thing, but I like players that can actually move. I'll see how it goes.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 20, 2012, 03:14:46 am »

If dwarfs are available(someone had them last season, right?) I'll be giving w00t w00t a rest and starting a dorf team.
This league needs maximum dorfage!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2012, 03:58:18 pm »

Warhammer had the dwarves last season, but I don't think he'll be joining us for this one. So I guess you can just create a team and apply and we'll get started.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 21, 2012, 02:39:28 am »

Alrighty, I'll do that.

@Warhammer if you want to join before we start I'll pull out my dwarven team and play something else, you got dibs!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 22, 2012, 04:18:34 pm »

I have applied with my new team.

Welcome the Bay12 Breakers!

Player names are taken from notable dorfs from the forums.

I have not used any names of people in the league, to avoid confusion.

I hope them having relateable names will make it easier to tell them apart.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 1
« Reply #477 on: November 22, 2012, 05:58:40 pm »

And so we begin season six!

The high quality retard Cyanide auto scheduler strikes again, and weeks one and two will be identical. I don't think I have any control over the schedule, but if someone knows a way/has advice, I'm more than willing to listen. I think the only thing I know to do would be to delete the league and recreate it, but that would involve getting everyone to reapply and wouldn't guarantee a better schedule.

Matchups for Week One:
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Jartol - Manner Pylon
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads

And the OP's updated now, too! And I didn't even accidentally delete all your information this time!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:11:04 pm by Kanil »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 23, 2012, 04:42:16 pm »

The first game of the season is in the books as Kanil delivered a 4-0 smackdown to my Marauders, knocking two skill players out of next week's rematch in the process. Not the best start, but then again, I made the playoffs last year after a similar defeat that killed my expensive Ogre. It's a long season- time to dig in.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 23, 2012, 06:09:04 pm »

The dreaded wall of block/guard blitzers backed up by an ogre didn't make an appearance. Therefore, my team wasn't ground into dust, meaning I was largely free to do whatever. Although not quite as fast as an elf, vampires are still plenty capable of running up the score.

I'm still quite wary of Monk and his Marauders, so perhaps next week he'll deliver a counter beatdown.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 149