Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256320 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 4
« Reply #525 on: January 03, 2013, 03:18:56 pm »

I got a PM from Charm about electrical problems putting the Lizardmen out indefinitely.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 03, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »

Burnt Pies: Cool. Thank you.

ndkid: That's quite unfortunate, but I suppose it happens. I'll give you a WO win at the end of the week.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 03, 2013, 08:44:20 pm »

Speaking of, Burnt Pies and I played our game!

Victory goes 2-0 to the Orcs, who pummeled their way to victory. I started the game by having my AG 5 Thrower fail to pick up the ball, had a brief shining moment where I inflicted two serious casualties (-STR on a rookie Black Orc and MNG on Tuffgang) before proceeding to get ground into a fine paste. 3 Tackles Sustained, 7 KOs Sustained, 2 CAS sustained sums it up pretty well. Could have been a very different game if I hadn't left my Thrower exposed when momentum started going my way turn 2, but as it was I never got past midfield.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:25 pm »

Game's played, and it's something of a pyrrhic victory for the Orcs, with a new Black Orc getting -1 S, Tuffgang the super-gobbo getting a fractured hand (Miss next game, I think), and Grubfag the backup Gobbo getting -1 Armour after Stonerot the troll completely fluffed his first ever throw team-mate roll. The apothecary nearly killing the poor Black Orc didn't help either, but the Orcs pulled through anyway, and proved once more that they are the masters of Violence, Badly Hurting 2 humans, and knocking at least 4 more out in each half. Despite the numbers advantage, poor calls/poor time management on my part meant that both touchdowns were right at the end of each half.

Game ended 2-0 to the Orcs.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 5
« Reply #529 on: January 03, 2013, 10:45:21 pm »

Alright. The chaos/lizards game was set 2-0, so we're onto week 5.

Kanil - Self Inflicted vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs Jartol - Manner Pylon
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 04, 2013, 04:16:29 pm »

Glistening Dementia 0 - 1 Monk's Marauders

The dice didn't like anyone in this match. For me, a failed dodge by my AG5 Thrower killed any hope of a first half TD, Dagg Boneheaded multiple times on the ground (after a failed Break Tackle dodge with Loner killing the reroll,) and an armor-cracking start to the second half let those fast Centaurs make some dangerous headway into my side of the field (ignoring the dead Lineman and the almost-dead Kicker, since those injuries came when the game was nearly decided.) Can't complain, though, considering AlStar had to deal with a ludicrous series of bounces that put the ball next to my Ogre in the first half (preventing him from following up on my Dodge mishap,) a hobgoblin muffing a pickup with a straight dash to the endzone (RR be damned,) and another hobgoblin failing his GFI and badly hurting himself when he landed on a loose ball in the second half. That last one gave me enough wriggle room to take advantage of my mobility and Guard advantage to spread the Chaos line, snag the ball and run a hefty screen down the field for the game's only TD.

On the plus side, I should have some levelups coming out of this game. The rematch should be interesting in five weeks, I'm keen to see what AlStar does with the team. I'm going to miss my Kicker when I take on the lizards next week, but my skill players should all be ready to rumble.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 04, 2013, 04:38:58 pm »

I'm sorry. That is the trouble with extensive remodelling of a property.

At the moment things are still pretty hairy. But on the flip side, they should also quieten down come Monday onwards.

I hope the "pro players fuck off if you forfeit" doesn't count for missed games.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »

Cyanide never implemented that, so it won't be a problem.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 06, 2013, 10:46:55 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Bay12 Breakers
The Breakers get 680,000 in inducements; Kobb's Khorne kicks off.

B1: Khorne lines up in FFB, and gets a reroll from their brilliant coaching. The deathroller takes down the minotaur. A potioned S5 Troll Slayer pushes a Warrior back. A potioned blitzer stuns a beastman. A runner picks up the ball and runs it forward.

K1: Speedy knocks over the ball carrier. TAB picks up the ball , with New Guy and Speedy flanking him. The rest of the team stands up.

B2: The deathroller breaks the ankle of the minotaur, but the apocothary patches him up. TAB is knocked over, and the ball moves back toward the midfield, and a couple of players get knocked over.

K2: Khorne hurts one dwarf, and knocks over a bunch others.

B3: A dwarf slayer gets up and stuns Speedy.

K3: After some blocks, an attempt to pick up the ball, which is still lying there, fails, sending it toward the Khorne end zone.

B4: A dodging dwarf knocks over an A4 beastman, which isn't something you see every day. A dwarf skull-reroll-skulls on a block.

K4: A warrior hurts a troll slayer, and the apoc boffs the fix. Speedy tries to pick up the ball, but fails, leaving it between him and two warriors.

B5: The death roller knocks out a warrior. Five beastmen get knocked down.

K5: After two blocks, a warrior fails to pick up the ball.

B6: The deathroller blitzes, and double-skulls.

K6: The team stands up. A warrior blitzes, knocks over a dwarf, and fails to pick up the ball.

B7: The deathroller gets back up, and goes to blitz... but the foul appearance of the warrior is intimidating. Four beastmen go down.

K7: A runner is knocked out by a warrior. A rookie beastman manages to finally pick up the ball, dodge away, and toss it downfield to TAB. It scatters, but it does go far.

B8: The deathroller knocks himself over again.

K8: TAB picks up the errant pass and runs it in for the score at the halftime bell.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Bay12 Breakers

K9: The kickoff goes out of bounds. TAB gets it and, after a bunch of blocks on the front to open up the flank, runs forward and pitches it to New Guy, who boffs the catch.

B9: The deathroller injures the minotaur. A runner knocks over New Guy, but injures himself in the process.

K10: TAB picks up the ball and hands it to a Warrior, who runs it forward to beside Speedy.

B10: The warrior with the ball gets knocked back over. Double skulls end the turn.

K11: A bad decision leads to a skull block before the team has stood up.

B11: A warrior gets injured. A runner ends up with the ball.

K12: Players stand up. The blitz against the ball carrier does nothing. Speedy is the only player left standing of the six on the field.

B12: The dwarves start to surround the ball.

K13: Speedy knocks over the runner with the ball, picks it up, and falls over trying to get it back to midfield.

B13: The runner picks up the ball and starts toward the end zone.

K14: Speedy tries to get to the ball carrier, but fails.

B14: The ball carrier waits at the end zone.

K15: Speedy stands up and fails his blitz.

B15: The runner holds.

K16: A block does nothing.

B16: The runner runs in.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 1 Bay12 Breakers

Thoughts: Ank was crippled by some really bad block rolls that he didn't have the reroll depth to cover for. I though I had the win, but I had some back luck and a couple of bad decisions there at the start of the second half, and once the dwarves started doing well on injury rolls, my half-team couldn't really play defense. All in all, a good, tough game.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 07, 2013, 04:53:46 am »

A good and bashy game indeed!

The deathroller managed to pancake the Minotaur twice, good job Anvilfolk!

And the str potions finally worked! drugs, yea!

The rain made any ballplay impossible so we just bashed each other for 16 turns.

Nuffle did curse me in the first half, but by the end of the game, the luck evened out.

As always, thanks for the game!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 09, 2013, 05:31:03 pm »

A heads up to everyone: The BB servers are going to be down from Thursday to Monday/Tuesday. This obviously makes it hard to play the games, and will cause delays/rescheduling headaches. Yay.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 09, 2013, 07:30:58 pm »

A heads up to everyone: The BB servers are going to be down from Thursday to Monday/Tuesday. This obviously makes it hard to play the games, and will cause delays/rescheduling headaches. Yay.

Not that I'm doubting you, but where'd you get this information? I'm looking in the game itself as well as on the company's website and I'm not seeing any notices - I'd like to inform another group I'm playing with, but want something I can point them at.

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 10, 2013, 08:43:14 am »

...And here I was thinking, oh hey, I'm not pressured for anything Friday, I'll schedule the game then.

Nope.

Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 149