Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256250 times)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 8
« Reply #570 on: February 01, 2013, 12:42:11 pm »

That's a non-issue now, since Garr was one of the fatalities in the last match.

I suppose most of it boils down to me trying to cover my ass when I fuck up, now I think about it, as opposed to preventing the fuck-ups in the first place. Suppose the logic is there under the assumption that even if I try to prevent it, I'll fuck up anyway.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2013, 12:28:30 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Glistening Dementia

AlStar got 620k to play with, which turned into a HMC, a wizard, an extra strength for his Bull Centaur, and one less reroll for me. Khorne elects to kick and, for the first time in a long time, Khorne lines up in FFB. A pitch invasion stuns six of the Khorne players.

G1: A hobgoblin foul knocks out a down beastman. Another hobgoblin picks up the kickoff.

K1: Several players stand up, and KK Minotaur knocks over GD Minotaur.

G2: The ball carrier runs the ball forward and tosses it to a bull centaur, who fails to catch it.

K2: Most of the team stands up. New Guy tries to pick up the ball, but sends it toward the midfield, amid a mess of beastmen and chaos dwarves.

G3: Lots of Khorne players fall down to blocks; a hobgoblin knocks himself out attempting to dodge.

K3: New Guy blitzes down one Bull Centaur, dodges around the other to pick up the ball, and breaks free downfield behind a Warrior.

G4: The wizard stuns New Guy, but the ball lands in the hand of the Warrior beside him. A blitzing bull centaur knocks him over and picks up the ball, running it back the other way.

K4: A beastman runs downfield in deep defense. Some chaos dwarves get pushed around.

G5: The ball carrier runs forward and stuns the deep defense.

K5: Some blocks that cause no lasting damage.

G6: The bull centaur runs in the score.

K6: TAB is stunned by a thrown rock on the kickoff, ensuring the drive will go nowhere. The kickoff lands halfway down one sideline, making GD's second score for the half likely. The three Chaos Dwaves on the line are knocked down, and one is fouled until stunned.

G7: A bull centaur runs unopposed toward the ball.

K7: TAB falls over running toward the Bull Centaur.

G8: The bull cetaur picks up the ball and makes its three GFIs to score.

K8: GD gets a perfect defense. New Guy fails to catch TAB's throw.

Halftime Score: Glistening Dementia 2 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: On Kickoff, GD's HMC gets three Khorne rerolls (leaving them with a leader reroll), and a blitz. The blitz pushes New Guy beside the sideline. His teammates come help him knock over the bull centaur so he can get back off it. TAB picks up the kickoff and throws it to Speedy, who runs it downfield.

G9: When Speedy gets knocked over, the ball goes into the stands. They toss it to fans at the GD end of the pitch, who toss it a couple of squares closes to the GD goal line than it started. A hobgoblin picks it up and starts to run it forward.

K10: A warrior tries to block a chaos dwarf and knocks himself over.

G10: The hobgoblin continues forward.

K11: Half the team pulls toward the back center to play defense.

G11: The crowd pinches Speedy's nerve when he gets pushed out. The apoc offers him something equivalent. The hobgoblin hands the ball to the bull centaur, who runs it to beside the goal line.

K12: A warrior and New Guy get beside the ball carrier. New Guy falls over making the block.

G12: The Bull Centaur runs the ball in.

K13: GD gets another blitz, which they use to swarm the two ends of the line. TAB picks up the ball and tosses it forward to a warrior, who misses the catch.

G13: A warrior gets injured.

K14: A block knocks out a chaos warrior. The bull centaur beside the ball is knocked down. Another beastman gets beside the ball.

G14: Some blocks, and a bull centaur moves downfield.

K15: A rookie beastman ends up with the ball.

G15: The beastman gets knocked over, but nobody ends up with the ball.

K16: The minotaur double-skulls trying to block a dwarf.

G16: A hobgoblin tries to throw the ball to a bull centaur for lone last score, but isn't accurate enough.

Final Score: Glistening Dementia 3 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: Not much to say about this one. I had momentum once in garbage time, and that's about it, and that didn't last long.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 02, 2013, 01:49:24 pm »

Dang, we're clipping right along this week, huh?

Jartol and I played to a 1-1 draw yesterday. Haven't bothered to watch the replay yet, but Jartol received to start the game, ran it all the way down to the goal-line where the humans took the ball away and pitched it all the way down to HIS goal-line, where he managed to snag the ball back and get it BACK to the human goal-line, where a blitzer failed to drop the gutter runner and ended up pushing him into the endzone. The humans racked up a fair number of KOs and CAS in the second half en route to their answering TD- this game probably would have had a winner, but Jartol kept knocking the ball loose, so by the time I got to the endzone there wasn't any time left on the clock for either team to score.

It's a good thing Jartol spent his Inducements on an extra Apothecary as that saved the life of a lineman, and I don't think any of his CAS were worse than MNG. I got a level 2 Catcher out of the game, so that's good for me. I look forward to the rematch, if Jartol still has a team left to play!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2013, 02:02:26 pm »

Indeed, four games in just over 24 hours.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 03, 2013, 04:48:30 am »

I almost forgot.

Bay12 Breakers vs Self Inflicted ended in a 1-1 draw.

The vampires scored an easy first goal, but then spent the entire match trying to hold back the tsunami of dorfs.

Dorf do what dorf do best, which is knock down every vampire as he gets up.

The deathroller got a kill on a level 2 thrall, a -AV on another thrall.

Even though the game ended 1-1 I didn't take any long term casualties, but Kanil did,
Which makes a me the moral winner :)

Thx for the game

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #575 on: February 03, 2013, 10:34:12 am »

So I just read (some) of this thread and thought; Would there be interest in a Blood Bowl league in FUMBBL, the freeware version of this game? I'd be willing to set it up and everything, but I'd like to make sure there are some players before I get things set up...
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2013, 10:46:56 am »

It's been floated before, I think it only hasn't been done because nobody's been interested in organizing it. I'd imagine you'd be able to find some players without much difficulty.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2013, 11:40:41 am »

So I just read (some) of this thread and thought; Would there be interest in a Blood Bowl league in FUMBBL, the freeware version of this game? I'd be willing to set it up and everything, but I'd like to make sure there are some players before I get things set up...

You'd be the ... I'm going to say fifth, but it might be sixth... person who has asked about a FUMBBL league since I've been around. I honestly don't know what the problem is, but it seems that there's always a lot of hype about how great it will be, but when it comes to actually setting the thing up and getting it started, nothing ever comes of it.

It'd be great if you're the one to break the trend.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2013, 11:57:31 am »

Well, the league has been set up (I really don't understand what the panic is about, it took me 5 minutes) so if you have a League team, post the name of it here and I'll add it.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 04, 2013, 02:04:07 pm »

Bump?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 04, 2013, 02:58:30 pm »

Bump?

You might try making a new thread about it, since I suspect only the 8 people involved in the Bay12 BBL are watching this thread currently. More likely to pick up players that way.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 04, 2013, 04:19:14 pm »

Bump?

You might try making a new thread about it, since I suspect only the 8 people involved in the Bay12 BBL are watching this thread currently. More likely to pick up players that way.

Why is it that when people post ideas that you dismissed as silly they sound brilliant ._.

New thread ETA Soon

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 05, 2013, 10:41:44 am »

Match Played. 1-1 draw, which could've been very different if Pro wasn't so much of a liability on GFIs. Failed two at critical moments due to Pro being incredibly counter-productive.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 9
« Reply #583 on: February 05, 2013, 11:35:34 am »

Match validated, week advanced.

My thanks to everyone for playing their games in a very timely fashion.

Matchups for Week 9:
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
Jartol - Manner Pylon vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 05, 2013, 12:58:13 pm »

Match Played. 1-1 draw, which could've been very different if Pro wasn't so much of a liability on GFIs. Failed two at critical moments due to Pro being incredibly counter-productive.

I'm pretty sure that you can change a setting somewhere so that it'll ask you if you want to use pro, instead of applying it automatically.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 149