Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256354 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 10
« Reply #600 on: February 16, 2013, 04:05:36 pm »

It is pretty sad that the HoF is live players only. I'm glad I've now put TAB's stats here for posterity... there should be a record of his rather prolific career, dammit!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 11
« Reply #601 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:10 pm »

Last match of the week was played today, so we're onto 11!

Jartol - Manner Pylon vs Kanil - Self Inflicted
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers

I also got bored and counted up everyone's TDs for/against. It's only really relevant in tiebreaks, but someone might find it interesting?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 19, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »

AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers

Glistening Dementia defeats the Sahagin Stormers 2-1 in a bloody battle.

350k in inducements for Dementia, which goes to a Cook and an AG potion. The potion fails and although the Cook manages to steal 1 reroll each half, the Stormers get events to gain one reroll each half.

Stormers win the toss and elect to receive. Dementia accidentally puts their kicker off the center line, so the kick is made by a centaur - but it's still good, and lands right near the Stormers end zone.
First three blocks are pushes... then a CAS, thus starting the bloody game that would end up with 2 BH and 2 SI (-ST apoh to -MV and a -AG) for the Chaos Dwarves and 3 BH, 1 dead (dead apoh'd to dead) for the Lizards.

A missed catch allows Dementia to grab the ball, and late in the first we manage to score.

Start of the second half, two of the Stormers big lizards fail their KO rolls, leaving skinks to pick up the slack. A long kick goes offside and is handed to a centaur. Several turns later and it's now 2-0.

The lizards finally decide to wake up and things get interesting. A bold handoff to a catcher skink under two TZs works (although the catch reroll is used) and the skink is able to dodge away for a score. 2-1.

There's still time left on the clock, and Dementia is unable to move the ball across the half-way mark, which means that all it would take is a couple good hits and their speedy skinks can potentially run in a tie. The final turns of the game are a giant bash-off, as the Stormers desperately try to get hands on the ball carrier, while the Dementia players just as desperately try to hold them off. On the last turn, the ball carrier is able to escape into the Stormers side of the field, and the only move that would allow the Stormers to make the tie is so unlikely that they decide to just blitz a hobgoblin instead.

Dementia rolls a 1 for winnings, rerolls to a 1.

Good game Charmander.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 19, 2013, 04:17:51 pm »

Good luck, extremely bad luck, ill-timed good luck.

The last play would have been to use jump-up to knock down and blitz with the Krox, but that didn't happen. So I said "fuck it", like I was saying for quite a lot of it. The death of Weyy reduces my skinks able to handle the ball remotely well to solely Tyrr, and marks the fifth fatality and seventh overall retirement of this season alone. (Because, seriously, fuck ST1 skinks).

And Veyy, Kroxmaster Extraordinaire and Shorts Fashionista, spent most of the first-half braindead.

Quality 140k there.

Did I mention how much I hate bone'ead?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 19, 2013, 10:54:21 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Monk's Marauders

For the first time in a long time, no inducements owed either way in this match. Khorne elects to kick and, in a departure from the norm, lines up only 9 men on the line, leaving Speedy and New TAB deep.

M1: Three human work together to take down a warrior on one side, freeing a line for a catcher to run downfield. Three more knock down New NATAB on the other side. The human A5 thrower picks up the kickoff.

K1: Several humans get knocked down along the line. Speedy knocks over the deep catcher, and New TAB holds the deep safety position.

M2: Two beastmen get knocked down, and a catcher moves down the opposite sideline from the down catcher, who stands up and retreats toward midfield.

K2: A lineman gets knocked out. A warrior runs toward the thrower with the ball, who hasn't budged. The ogre gets stunned. The downfield catcher gets knocked over, but takes New TAB with him. A beastman runs back as a second safety as Speedy runs back toward midfield to shadow the other catcher.

M3: Fritz gets knocked out, re-evening the sides. Another beastman goes down. Speedy tackles his catcher as he tries to dodge away.

K3: The minotaur stuns a lineman. A warrior stuns the thrower, sending the ball beside a blitzer, the minotaur, and a beastman.

M4: The catchers dodge from their blockers. A blitzer picks up the ball and ends up beside a warrior.

K4: The minotaur injures a lineman. Several blocks against the ball-carrier fail. New NATAB falls over trying to block a blitzer.

M5: The blitzer hands the ball to a catcher, who runs in the score.

K5: A quick snap pushes most of the Khorne players over the center line. A human gets knocked out. New TAB picks up the ball and tosses it to Fritz, who fails to catch it.

M6: The team starts to converge around the loose ball.

K6: A firm-standing blitzer just won't go down. An attempt to pick up the ball sends it back a square into the hands of Speedy.

M7: The human blocking goes far better than the preceding Khorne blocking. Speedy and another beastman go down.

K7: A couple of humans are stunned.

M8: A beastman gets pushed onto the ball, sending it through the human line toward their backfield, and a couple of beastmen waiting there. Pushing a human onto it sends it a few more yards toward the end zone, instead. A lineman kills himself knocking over New NATAB.

K8: The minotaur continues his habit of being wild, so a warrior knocks out the ogre, instead. New TAB makes a couple of dodges, picks up the ball in a couple of tackle zones, makes the dump-off pass... only to have the beastman standing there who can score flub the catch.

Halftime Score: Mork's Marauders 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: Another lineman is injured. The ogre gets stunned again. The minotaur is too busy pissing to blitz. Four beastmen run downfield on the edges. A warrior runs up the middle. New TAB picks up the ball.

M9: A blitzer knocks himself out trying to blitz New TAB.

K10: A lineman gets knocked out. New TAB runs to midfield and tosses a short pass at New NATAB, which scatters off the field and gets tossed back to the Khorne backfield.

M10: A catcher picks up the ball and runs it toward the end zone.

K11: Morale broken, a couple of players run back in a token effort at resistance.

M11: The catcher runs in the score.

K12: The minotaur kills the ogre, who the apoc saves. Four beastmen and a warrior run forward similar to before.

M12: Some positional moves.

K13: New TAB runs forward, lobs the ball to Fritz, who takes in the score.

M13: With the last knocked out player standing up, the humans are back to their full eleven on the pitch. Khorne lines up in an odd FFB, with the Minotaur and three warriors on the wings. The kickoff gives Khorne a blitz, allowing a warrior into the backfield and Fritz to get beside where the ball will land, but it bounces away from him. New TAB is injured and almost suffers a broken neck, but the apoc fixes it. The A5 thrower picks up the ball and tosses it to a catcher near midfield, who runs it downfield.

K14: Speedy knocks over the ball carrier. A rookie picks up the ball and goes for the long bomb, but is intercepted by an A4 blitzer on the line.

M14: The ball ends up in the hands of a catcher near the end zone.

K15: A half-hearted chase

M15: The catcher runs in the score.

K16: The minotaur kills the ogre again... it takes this time. New TAB tosses to Soft Hands, who manages a catch.

M16: Nothin'.

Final Score: Monk's Marauders 3 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: This game was *insane*. I almost tied at the half. I had a great drive going in the second half. Nurgle kept making sure that good went to bad quickly and, by the end, I had to go for broke to have a shot at the tie, which went as poorly as high-risk plans tend to. On the other hand, New TAB made some impressive moves at times, and the minotaur double-killing the ogre at least appeased the Blood God.

Both Monk and I had 43% possession. Ball position was 50-50. I had 116y combined, he had 114y. Which makes me feel like, if not for the five casualties I inflicted, this game wouldn't've been close at all.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 19, 2013, 11:19:10 pm »

It's a shame my karmic books were balanced by Dagg- I was luckier on my dodges and blocks than I deserved, particularly on that first drive, and the bad dice caught up with Dagg in garbage time. I'll remember in the future that when your opponent has Claw, the LoS is not a safe place for the normally sturdy Ogre!

It's rough timing for it, too, since I won't have much time to skill up a new Ogre before the postseason. Hopefully he catches some MVPs- this game my dead Lineman got it for his heroic efforts blocking the ST4 Beastman to prevent a TD to end the first half. Sigric the AG4 Blitzer probably deserved MVP more though, as he was always in the thick of the action and his interception sealed the game. Without that INT, even if the catch was botched the ball was going to land in the midst of 3 Chaos players with no Humans in position to defend.

Hopefully next Ogre gets Block early on- it's not surprising I'm going through an Ogre a season when you consider his job is to stand on the line, get beat on, and don't punch back so he doesn't Bonehead. Not the most survivable job there, particularly without block.

Oooh, dang, and now I've checked the schedule to see I play the Orcs next week and Chaos again the week after. Definitely not the best time to lose a ST5 Guard, and it's probably going to make my postseason talk look arrogant in hindsight.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2013, 01:04:03 am »

Both Monk and I had 43% possession.

The pitch had 14% possession, 'eh?

Nice to see three games played in just two days, thank you everyone.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 20, 2013, 08:21:29 pm »

Both Monk and I had 43% possession.

The pitch had 14% possession, 'eh?

Nice to see three games played in just two days, thank you everyone.
There were at least two solid scrums, where the ball sat between a wall of beastmen and a wall and humans, and nobody could manage to find a hole to sneak their way to it. So yeah, I'd believe the turf got it's 14%. :-)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 23, 2013, 01:27:58 pm »

Just lost Morru the S4 Blitzer and Mogram the A4, Accurate thrower (Mogram getting apoth'd to Dead, from Dead) to some of the most horribly one-sided dice rolling I've ever seen. I stood aside after that, as I would kinda like to have a team left at the end of all this. In addition to that, the dwarves got a stun nearly every round, KO'd 2 orcs and a gobbo, never failed a tackle and had 12 players on pitch. Tuffgang utterly failed his dodges, as did the other Blitzer, and 2/3 of my blocks came up push.

I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 12
« Reply #609 on: February 23, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »

This was truly a bloodbath!
All I can say is: I'm sorry.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 23, 2013, 01:59:28 pm »

Dang, that's what, 5 dead in the league this week? Plus some seriously injured on top of that. Blood for the Blood God, and all that.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 23, 2013, 02:00:35 pm »

Matchups for Week 12:
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
Jartol - Manner Pylon vs ank - Bay12 Breakers

Only three games left. Things are really close, and it seems likely that a single point will make the difference.

Edit: AlStar and I played to a 2-2 draw. Have a screenshot.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:38:19 pm by Kanil »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 23, 2013, 10:53:19 pm »

Kanil - Self Inflicted vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia

Glistening Dementia fights Self Inflicted to a 2-2 CAS-filled tie. 550k to play with, went with -RR, Halfling Chef and a Wizard. Chef worked out decently: 2 RRs in the first, 1 RR in the second. Wizard fired off twice, knocking down a vamp in the first then killing a vamp in the second (apoh'd to BH.)

Got a little unlucky in the first - after getting bogged down on the left side of the field, I moved up along the right, and it was looking like I'd probably manage to score before turn 8. Instead a AG 5 vamp scooped up the ball, dodged around a player twice then away, and then threw a long pass over to a vamp in the backfield. He nearly flubbed the throw, but Pro let him make it. A re-rolled 2d block was unable to match the vamp's blodge, and he dodged in for a score.

However, all throughout Thralls were taking a beating. I was CASing them, vampires were going thirsty and BH'ing them - it was a massacre; and it only got worse in the second. By the end of the game, there would be only a single thrall on the field. Surprisingly, no vamps were lost due to bloodlust - even though they were rolling 1s all over the place mid and late first, as soon as food sources dried up, they seemed content to just play.

Dementia fight for a quick score in the second, but it still comes down to some really lucky dice to get the tie: a 1d block to knock down the vamp ballcarrier then an AG2 pickup. I had a reroll to back that up, but not a good place to be in.

Plus side for whoever's fighting him next: the ST 5, frenzy, blodger Thrall was SI'd (MNG), so he's not gonna be a problem.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:57:39 pm by AlStar »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 25, 2013, 10:04:35 am »

Sorry, folks, but the 6-hour difference between Charm and myself makes Saturday the likely time for our match... if I hadn't been out ice climbing this weekend, I might've been able to fit it in as soon as the in-game week flipped.

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 25, 2013, 10:05:55 am »

As long as there is communications between the two sides, I don't think anyone minds.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 149