Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255615 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Signups!
« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2013, 01:42:11 pm »

There's Chaos, there's Chaos Dwarves, there's Chaos Pact, there's Khorne, there's Nurgle and there's four different types of elves.

Anyway, I've accepted our two new teams into the league, everyone else's teams were already there, so we're at 8. We should have a couple more players who haven't signed up yet, so we can't start yet, but soon.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 20, 2013, 12:47:38 am »

I'd love to join the league (though I'm a little new to Bloodbowl as a whole, so I don't expect to do too well :P). I'll be going with a Nurgle team if that is still free.

My account on steam is other_players, though in-game it's OtherPlayers (not sure which one you wanted), and I'm in the AZ, so I'm on MST (-7) but we don't observe DST, so we stay at (-7) when other places move around.

For joining the league itself I'm not at my home right now and I'm getting a "failed to connect" error, which the steam forums tell me happens from time to time on certain ISP's. I'll keep trying over the next couple days to get a solid connection to the bloodbowl servers, but at the worst I should be able to join this weekend when I'll be back at my own house with a connection that I know works.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 20, 2013, 12:49:50 am »

It's not just you, the Blood Bowl servers are down for maintenance tonight. They were supposed to be down for an hour, but at this point who knows when they'll be back.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2956

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 20, 2013, 01:03:40 am »

Nurgle team is free, welcome to have you here. Servers will come up eventually, so don't worry too much, we won't start without ya'.

The note about DST reminds me, Symbiode are you in Arizona as well, or do you have DST now?

Lastly, it seems possible that we'll end up with 6 new teams and 6 old teams. In that event, does anyone mind if the new teams are put in one group, and the old teams in another? That was done in S4 and it seemed alright.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 20, 2013, 01:05:17 am »

I'm in Idaho, we are on DST now.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:19 am »

Nurgle team is free, welcome to have you here. Servers will come up eventually, so don't worry too much, we won't start without ya'.

The note about DST reminds me, Symbiode are you in Arizona as well, or do you have DST now?

Lastly, it seems possible that we'll end up with 6 new teams and 6 old teams. In that event, does anyone mind if the new teams are put in one group, and the old teams in another? That was done in S4 and it seemed alright.

I both like it and dislike it:
I'd like to be able to play with the new teams, for instance in season five I didn't even play vs the vampires once.

On the pro side it evens the playing field, on the other hand, I don't think the new teams in season 6 had much problem.

If we divide into groups, we should do it along timezones instead, since that's what's generally causing delays.

Also: Fresh Meat!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:22:30 am by ank »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 20, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »

I'd like to be able to play with the new teams, for instance in season five I didn't even play vs the vampires once.

On the pro side it evens the playing field, on the other hand, I don't think the new teams in season 6 had much problem.

If we divide into groups, we should do it along timezones instead, since that's what's generally causing delays.

I don't particularly mind how things get divided up, though I will note that dividing by old/new is pretty close to dividing by timezone as things stand- ank, Charmander and Burnt Pies are all Easternmost times and all old teams, while the Westernmost teams are i2amroy and Symbiode, both rookies.

The 6 new 6 old speculation intrigues me, as it suggests that either Jartol or Alstar won't be back next season, or one of them is going to roll a new team. If Manner Pylon and Glistening Dementia both came back, we'd be at 7 old teams and 4 new.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 20, 2013, 02:27:12 pm »

I second the motion of dividing along Time Zone lines, rather than rookie/veteran. (This would be best if we got three more players near GMT leading to the American Division and European Division... otherwise, we'd have to split the various EDTs in one direction or the other.)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #683 on: March 21, 2013, 02:39:59 am »

Well, I'm English, so I can drop into the Euro Division...

But my team... Usually I play dwarves, but they've been claimed. Fortunately, I've been picking up Wood Elf and I'm actually quite good at it, so put me down as a Wood Elf team. I'll sign up now.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 21, 2013, 04:29:36 am »

I'm a complete newb at this having got the game last week, but would love to try a hand as the Halfling team if possible.  Fully expect to get steamrollered.  Timezone is GMT+8 or 9.  Forget which.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 21, 2013, 11:55:29 am »

I'm a complete newb at this having got the game last week, but would love to try a hand as the Halfling team if possible.  Fully expect to get steamrollered.  Timezone is GMT+8 or 9.  Forget which.

Get ready for a rough time, especially with both Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves in the league. Halflings are always an underpowered team, but Dwarves just shred them.

Not to say you can't play as them... just don't expect to win much.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 21, 2013, 12:12:50 pm »

I could go for some halfling pancakes!
I hear they are yummy!
Please do pick halflings, I'm getting hungry over here!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 21, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »

If you play halflings, you will likely lose almost all of your games unless you know what you're doing. If you are at all not experienced with Blood Bowl, then I'd suggest you pick another team. Of course, if you're fine with losing over and over, then don't let me stop you from doing what you want, but don't expect to win much.

Anyway, we're at 12 teams now. i2amroy and hermes haven't applied teams yet, but the former said he'd be able to by the weekend, and the latter just signed up. Presumably we'll be able to get started some time by the weekend. It'll be a single group, with a single round robin. 11 or 13 games, depending upon if we get more signups or not.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 21, 2013, 01:36:33 pm »

If you play halflings, you will likely lose almost all of your games unless you know what you're doing. If you are at all not experienced with Blood Bowl, then I'd suggest you pick another team. Of course, if you're fine with losing over and over, then don't let me stop you from doing what you want, but don't expect to win much.

Anyway, we're at 12 teams now. i2amroy and hermes haven't applied teams yet, but the former said he'd be able to by the weekend, and the latter just signed up. Presumably we'll be able to get started some time by the weekend. It'll be a single group, with a single round robin. 11 or 13 games, depending upon if we get more signups or not.

I'm very happy about the single group, single round robin!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 21, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »

I would be up for it!  I'm not a very experienced player but I think I could at least give a decent run with Norse or pro Elf if they're still available.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 149