Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256296 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 1
« Reply #705 on: March 24, 2013, 12:24:38 am »

You can't have 7 players without having a bye. The 7th guy doesn't have anyone to play that week. Cyanide will not let you have groups of odd numbers of players.

Oh, right, I was being daft.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 24, 2013, 05:10:10 am »

Let the Pancaking begin!!!

Also to the new guys: we have a steam group called B12BloodBowl, join it for easy matchmaking.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:11:52 am by ank »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 24, 2013, 09:42:35 am »

I love how I managed to get most of the high value teams first. Should make the games interesting.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 24, 2013, 11:38:58 am »

Season 7 Kickoff!
Kobb's Khorne vs. Monarchs

With a rookie team, Pnx gets in excess of a million gold for taking on Kobb's Khorne. He invests in a merc, Eldril Sidewinder, a wizard, a HMC, a wandering apox, and some extra training. Monarchs elect to receive. A riot on the kickoff leads the ref to let a turn run off the clock. New TAB and Speedy go back in deep defense.

M2: A blitzer knocks out a warrior. The witch elf picks up the ball.

K2: A whole bunch of pushes (not even due to dodge), and a couple of knockdowns.

M3: A warrior is stunned. A beastman is injured. Another beastman is knocked out, leaving Khorne with eight on the pitch.

K3: The minotaur falls over while knocking over a lineman.

M4: The witch hands the ball off to a blitzer, who runs downfield. Another warrior is stunned.

K4: LaS stands up and blitzes down the ball carrier, knocking him out. New TAB gets beside the ball. The minotaur continues to go wild on the ground, refusing to stand.

M5: Several Dark Elves head toward the ball. Several Khorne players get knocked over.

K5: The minotaur finally stands back up. LaS frees up New TAB to pick up the ball, run it downfield, and toss it to a Warrior on the Monarchs side of the pitch. The Warrior fails the catch, of course, but it gets the ball out of danger.

M6: The Star player tries to pick up the ball, but it falls into the Warrior's hands.

K6: The warrior is knocked over by a lightning bolt. New TAB runs forward and picks up the ball. A warrior comes over to block for him.

M7: A blitzer stuns New TAB, letting the star player pick up the ball.

K7: The minotaur falls over again making a block. The blocked elf gets knocked out... the minotaur kills himself. The apoc looks at the injury, and declares that he, could kill the minotaur.

M8: The star player hands off to the witch, who runs the ball in.

K8: With one dead minotaur, one injured player, and one knocked out player, Khorne fields 9 players. They manage to knock out one lineman, and New TAB, despite his sure hands and A4 and three arms, can't manage to pick up the kickoff.

Halftime Score: Monarchs 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: Kobb gets back to 10 players on the pitch, with New TAB back to receive the kickoff. The HMC grabs a couple of rerolls, but Khorne gets one back from brilliant coaching. The front line gets knocked over, and New TAB gets the ball to the catching beastman, who runs downfield with lots of support.

M9: The Dark Elves swarm the half-wall, knocking over New TAB, and leaving the ball in Fritz's hands.

K10: Lots of blocks of elves knock most over.

M10: A double-knockdown ends the turn early.

K11: Some more blocks free up Fritz to get beside the goal line.

M11: Fritz gets stunned, sending the ball behind a warrior. Claw also gets stunned.

K12: After a bunch of blocks (one of which knocks out an assassin), Catcher-beastman (CB) picks up the ball and runs it in for the score.

M12: The star player gets under the high kick. A rookie beastman is knocked out, taking Khorne back to 9 players on the pitch.

K13: A bunch of blocks stun a couple of Dark Elves.

M13: The star player hands off to the Witch, who runs the ball into Khorne territory. An attempted block on LaS leads to a dark elf falling over.

K14: Speedy breaks the Witch's arm, but her apoc sets it and gets her back to the sideline, ready to come back in. A warrior breaks the arm of a lineman. Fritz knocks out an assassin. LaS tries to pick up the ball, but fails.

M14: The star player picks up the ball and hands it to a blitzer, who runs it deep into Khorne territory. Sadly, he kills himself trying to go too fast.

K15: New TAB gets back to the ball and makes a Long Bomb to Speedy. The pass is good, but speedy can't catch.

M15: An attempted block goes poorly.

K16: Another injury, and an attempt at a pass leaves the ball in the star player's hands.

M16: The Dark Elves let time expire.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 1 Monarchs

Thoughts: The first half luck was pretty insane. I will miss that minotaur, especially since his -1 AGL was an overall benefit, since it meant he was considered worth less than he would have been at AGL 2, but, let's be honest: the reduction in TV was totally a net win for me. And he just got up to S6 at the end of last season, making him an even more solid middle to my front line.
Sadly, I will now have to replace him with a rookie... maybe I'll get lucky, roll doubles, and be able to get a minotaur with block, finally.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 24, 2013, 12:06:11 pm »

Man that match was crazy.

For those of you too lazy to read it all the two biggest highlights were at K7 when the minotaur blocked an lineman, and then proceded to roll two both down's, then died, and was made deader by the apothecary.

The other highlight was in M14, when I managed to pass the ball to a blitzer that was free to run toward the end zone. I do one Going For It successfully, and after carefully considering if I should make a second decide it's definitely worth it to take me out of range of blitzing range of all of the other team's players. The blitzer then fails the GFI roll, AND the reroll, AND the armour save, AND manages to roll a death on the injury table. Just to be clear, failing all of those rolls so catastrophically had a 1 in 1296 chance of happening.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 24, 2013, 02:12:38 pm »

... especially since his -1 AGL was an overall benefit, since it meant he was considered worth less than he would have been at AGL 2 ...

Injuries do not work like that. There is no TV benefit.

Also, match validated.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 24, 2013, 10:13:05 pm »

For the second consecutive season, the Marauders open their calendar with a chance to avenge themselves on the team that sent them home from the playoffs the previous season. And for the second consecutive season, that team handed the Marauders a loss worse than the previous game. Fortunately this loss was not nearly so embarrassing as when Kanil spanked me last season- AlStar's Glistening Dementia beat Monk's Marauders 2-1 in a close match that could have ended in a tie if things had gone a little differently (and admittedly could've ended 3-1 very easily.)

On the plus side, nobody died or got hurt badly (a MNG for me, nothing for AlStar) and MVP didn't go to a useless lineman. And I don't have to face AlStar again next week like last season!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 24, 2013, 10:18:00 pm »

Glistening Dementia defeat Monk's Marauders 2-1.

I think this game came down to injuries: I took one all game, while Monk ended with 4 players CAS'd (and many more KO'd, although they never seemed to stay down.)

I had to make some unlikely moves to beat Monk; for instance, my second score involved:
dodge away (at ag 3)
pick up the ball, under 1 TZ (with sure hands)
dodge away
two or three GFIs (with sprint and sure feet)

Nearly got a third TD on the final turn, but my hobgoblin tripped and broke his neck on the GFI. Hilariously, the ball bounced to his intended reciever, who caught the ball.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 24, 2013, 10:21:09 pm »

I happened to sign on just as you two started playing, so I watched the game. It was quite entertaining.

Also, this match and ank vs smakemupagus have both been validated. I could have watched that too, but I was waiting on an opponent in a different league. Tch.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 24, 2013, 11:35:46 pm »

Also, this match and ank vs smakemupagus have both been validated. I could have watched that too, but I was waiting on an opponent in a different league. Tch.

In the first half, Ank's Bay12 Bruisers steamrolled, literally.  After a spirited scrimmage around midfield the Dwarves prevailed handily, finally cruising in unopposed on turn 8.

With the help of a few mercenaries the the Norsca Frostskalds somewhat miraculously fielded a full side for the second half, and nearly pulled the game to a tie on turn 12.  A lineman broke free and received a desperation pass over the heads of the Dwarven line, but his good luck turned in the next round.  A Dwarven safety rallied to put on a tackle zone on after two go-for-its, and the hapless Norse lineman failed to dodge out for the score.  The stout dwarves recovered the ball easily and put up a 2nd try across a blood stained pitch on turn 16.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:37:19 pm by smakemupagus »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 25, 2013, 04:51:28 am »

Yup, that pretty much sums it up!
I just have one thing to add:
Mighty Blow + Piling on + AV7 = Goodnight

Thx for the game, twas a hoot!

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2013, 07:38:37 pm »

Does anyone know how to spectate matches?

Figured it out. New Question: I was going to submit the match in BB Manager so I can view it, but I don't see the Bay12 league. Is it not there? Can I create it?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:03:56 pm by Symbiode »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2013, 10:13:27 pm »

There isn't one, yet. Nobody ever expressed any real interest in it, so I didn't bother. Go for it.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 27, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »

Gotcha. I created one, the password is the same as for the League, Bay12.

Mephisto's Fist-o's had a bad run-in with a rabid pack of Hobbits. They look cute from far away, but they are vicious up close! 0-1 in The Forked Pies' favor.

I played a little too carelessly in the first half, which both prevented me from scoring and got 4 of my players injured (two successful fouls by hobbits). In the second half I was unable to separate their ball carrier from the ball no matter how many times I tried to blitz him, and the two scoring opportunities I had after he scored didn't work out. A fun game overall! I also killed one of the Hobbits on the last turn, which made me sad.

Edit: Fun statistics!
D6 Statistics
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2D6 Statistics

Block Dice Statistics
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:23:03 pm by Symbiode »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 27, 2013, 08:08:10 pm »

Cool stats, they objectively show how lucky the halflings felt to win the game!  As Symbiode said, he was pretty unlucky and the score could easily have been 1 all, or 2-1 to the Fist-o's.  The callous murder at the end rather shocked the team, as did the final score, but they soon forgot the nameless halfling as they gorged on victory pies.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 149