Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256290 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 1
« Reply #720 on: March 30, 2013, 03:49:03 pm »

We have now passed the one week mark.
How is the missing matches looking?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 30, 2013, 06:58:14 pm »

Burnt Pies vs Jartol is scheduled.
Charmander and I have scheduled as well.

I am not sure the status of i2amroy vs ExKirby.

Edit: Also, DST has happened in Europe, keep that in mind when scheduling your next cross-Atlantic game!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:20:29 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 31, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »

Hi all, I'll be away this week, but should be available next week-end if the Week 2 games are happening by then.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 31, 2013, 06:37:56 pm »

They will be. If I don't hear from ExKirby or i2amroy, their game will be set to a draw. But you should have plenty of time still to play your W2 game when you get back.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 31, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »

They will be. If I don't hear from ExKirby or i2amroy, their game will be set to a draw. But you should have plenty of time still to play your W2 game when you get back.
Right now Our game should either happen tomorrow or Wednesday, hopefully tomorrow. I had forgotten that the weekend was Easter and messed up my ability to play, so I scheduled at the wrong time originally. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 31, 2013, 08:38:08 pm »

Awesome, thanks. The other two remaining games are also scheduled for tomorrow, so we should be able to advance then or Wednesday.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 01, 2013, 07:02:28 pm »

The Blood Roses vs. The Other Kittens ends in a solid 0-2 match for the Kittens! Both were rookie teams, so neither got any inducements. The Blood Roses win the toss and elect to receive the kick, and the kickoff role comes up 10, granting the Kittens a free extra blitz turn.
Spoiler: Turn breakdown (click to show/hide)
Thoughts: The entire game pretty much consisted of the Nurgle team slowly eliminating the elven players one by one from the field or the game, starting with that surprise casualty on turn 2 and only ending when the last wardancer survived two 5 man fouls (which bummed me out, I wanted to see what happened if only 1 team was left on the field :P).

I also submitted my game to the BB manager league, so here are some stats.
Spoiler: D6 Statistics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2D6 Statistics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Block Dice Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:06:37 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2013, 08:01:52 pm »

Phew, six men to start the second half. That's just brutal.

On the plus side, looks like we'll be on to Week 2 soon! Huzzah!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 2
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2013, 08:48:47 pm »

And by "soon" we mean now!

Thanks to everyone for playing their matches.

Matchups for Week Two:
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds vs hermes - The Forked Pies
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
ExKirby - The Blood Roses vs Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs Pnx - Monarchs

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 02, 2013, 11:25:52 am »

Game crashed in the beginning of the first half, we need a reset please.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 02, 2013, 02:35:04 pm »

There was no result recorded, so there's nothing to reset... odd, but I'm not sure what to do about that.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 02, 2013, 02:37:32 pm »

I guess we just play again then :)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 02, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »

Naturan Demanto defeats Monk's Marauders 2-1, in a game they should have won 2-0. Nearly 1 million GP in inducements provided the services of a Star Player, a HMC, Bad Habits, various potions and a load of bribes, only one of which stuck- Eomund Tonkai. Eomund Tonkai the AG5 Thrower who decided not only to reduce his MA by 1, but also to flub a consecutive pair of easy passes and then trip on a blitz to allow the Undead to score in the first half, while inflicting enough casualties to leave the Humans with only 8 players to start the second half, leading to another grind down the field. Seeing the murderous glare of the Ogre, Tonkai then allayed the suspicions of the stupid creature by throwing a long pass into blinding sun to score a TD after the game was already out of reach. He caught MVP for the match, too- in failure and success, he was the most prolific player on the pitch.

Not to take anything away from Jartol's game- all those CAS didn't inflict themselves! I think it worked out to 6 players BH, two of them MNG, and a smattering of KOs to keep things lively. 3 of those CAS were inflicted by the Star Player mummy, enough SPP for a level if things worked that way. For the Marauder's part, Manfred the Friendly showed his appreciation for the mummy hugs by killing a rookie zombie, moving him into a tie for first on the Active Killers list.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 06, 2013, 10:46:12 am »

Glistening Dementia vs. Kobb's Khorne
GD gets a +1 AGL from potion for a Bull Centaur. GD elects to receive. Khorne goes with one deep safety. GD puts the agile Bull Centaur deep.

G1: The apoc has to repair a damaged knee on the catching beastman early. Three other beastman get knocked down, and the Bull Centaur picks up the ball and begins moving it forward. The GD minotaur falls over trying to make a block.

K1: A couple of dwarves get knocked over, and the deep safety comes up to protect one wing.

G2: The ball carrier's blitz knocks out a beastman. A beastman and a warrior also get knocked over.

K2: Claw injures a dwarf. The non-ball-carrying bull centaur and a couple of dwarves get knocked over. The minotaur gets beside the ball carrier.

G3: A warrior gets injured. The minotaur gets knocked over and the bull centaur runs toward the end zone.

K3: New TAB falls over trying to blitz the ball carrier.

G4: Another beastman gets knocked out. A block goes afoul with the minotaur before the bull centaur runs in the ball, ending the turn.

K4: New TAB knocks over the bull centaur and picks up the ball.

G5: a dwarf blitzes down New TAB. The bull centaur stands up and picks the ball back up and runs in the score.

K5: Khorne fields 9 players. A pitch invasion stuns two players on each team. the ball goes out of bounds, so is given to a warrior on the front line. He dodges back a space for breathing room, while several beastmen run deep, and a dwarf gets knocked over.

G6: The ball carrier is killed by the minotaur. Several other players get knocked down.

K6: New TAB stands up, picks up the ball, and tosses it deep downfield to a player beside a bull centaur. Incredibly, nobody intercepts it, and the pass is caught.

G7: New TAB gets knocked down, but the bull centaur can't pick up the ball.

K7: Lots of blocks doesn't free the ball up.

G8: A hobgoblin picks up the ball and tosses it to a hobgoblin, who runs it forward.

K8: The minotaur double-skulls on a blitz.

Halftime Score: Glistening Dementia 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: With 10 players on the pitch, none of whom have guard, Khorne puts only 3 men on the centerline. A quick snap moves them all off the center line, too. New TAB picks up the kickoff and tosses it to the catcher. Most of the Khorne teams moves into the GD backfield, trying to gum up as many hobgoblins as possible.

G9: The minotaur and two beastmen get knocked down, but the ball carrier stays up.

K10: The catches dodges away from his defenders, as does Speedy. The pass for the touchdown is good.

G10: Khorne lines up in a prevent defense. GD gets an extra reroll. The ball goes way out of bounds, and is therefore handed to the Bull Centaur on the line. The center two rookie beastmen and the minotaur go down quickly, with one beastman stunned. The bull centaur runs to one edge, just over the midline.

K11: The two speedy beastmen on the opposite flank run back to become deep safeties. A few blocks get made in the midfield.

G11: The bull centaur advances a couple of more squares as beastmen are knocked down everywhere.

K12: Several Khorne players start to surround the ball carrier.

G12: A beastman gets knocked out of bounds.

K13: An attempted 1-die block on a dwarf double-skulls.

G13: With a defender down, the bull centaur dodges from the defenders and runs the score in.

K14: New TAB grabs the kickoff and tosses it to the catcher, who runs downfield with two friends. The small front line knocks over four dwarves, their best success of the match.

G14: A bull centaur knocks over the catcher. A goblin picks up the ball and hands it to a bull centaur, who sprints it forward.

K15: The minotaur knocks over the bull centaur. A warrior picks up the ball. Two beastmen run for the end zone.

G15: A double skull ends the turn quickly.

K16: A failed dodge by the catcher ends the Khorne drive.

G16: Another beastman gets pushed out of bounds.

Final Score: Glistening Dementia 2 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: The last good while with Kobb's Khorne has felt like two steps forward, three steps back. My front line is now the weak point, and I suspect I'll be having to play the team like they're elves for a bit and hope to regain enough experience to field a solid front again.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #734 on: April 06, 2013, 11:39:04 am »

Thoughts: The last good while with Kobb's Khorne has felt like two steps forward, three steps back. My front line is now the weak point, and I suspect I'll be having to play the team like they're elves for a bit and hope to regain enough experience to field a solid front again.
You mean the way I play elves (BLITZ ALL THE THINGS) or the way you should play elves?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 149