Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256238 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 2
« Reply #750 on: April 08, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »

My game vs Burnt Pies is scheduled for tomorrow. I don't know the status of the other two games.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 09, 2013, 12:38:20 am »

Pnx said he'd get back to me when he's got time to play, so i dunno.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 09, 2013, 01:16:30 am »

Yeah, I'm sorry, I have had quite a bit on my plate just recently...

Tomorrow should work out I think if you wanted to do it then. If not then maybe after Wednesday.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 09, 2013, 02:49:44 am »

Right, just contact me on steam when you are ready/want to schedule.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 10, 2013, 10:17:55 pm »

Norsca Frostskalds 2 - 0 The Forked Pies

The Pies were outclassed and beaten out, literally, by the Frostkalds today.  In the first half the Norse team received and methodically stormed to the endzone whilst putting a few flings out of action.  The treemen were quite ineffective, but they tried to make up for this by starting strong in the second half.  They tied up most of the Frostskalds on the right while a detachment of short-folk dashed down the left with the ball.  In the confusion I accidentally hit end-turn without doing anything, but smakemupagus was a gentleman and handed the turn right back.

Unfortunately the flings were not so fleet of foot, and a werewolf smacked the ball-carrier off the pitch.  With a few turns left, the ball dropped in the centre of the pitch and the Norse swept it up and ran in another TD on the last turn (I was glad that my mistake and smakemupagus' generosity didn't stop him from scoring).  A lone halfling tried to stand in their way, but was laid down.  Though he could have gotten up on the last turn, he decided it was best to play dead to reduce the number of compound fractures on his little body.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:52:06 pm by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 10, 2013, 10:47:07 pm »

Week 2:
Norsca Frostskalds (Smakemupagus/Norse), The Forked Pies (Hermes/Halfling)

After a tough run in week 1, several players are still on the Injury reserve, and The Frostskalds needed two emergency reserves to fill a full squad today.

Both sides are pretty green, without much veterancy it is no surprise the game was largely dictated by the Norse Ulfwereners and the Halfling Treemen.

The Norse side wins the toss and to receive, forming up a light skirmishing box and keeping far away from the deadly Treemen.  The Ulfwereners were sent around the flanks to skirmish and disrupt the halfling defenders.  The luck of the "dodge" was not with the Halflings in the first half, as they were tracked down repeatedly by the frenzying wolves.  Even worse an unlucky dodge failure at an awkward time left a wide hole in the defensive line, which the northmen exploited to set up the score on turn 5.

When the Halfling possession late in the first half, they pay back some big hits, knocking out the Norse ball-handling thrower and putting the Frostskalds down to 10 men for the remainder of the game.

The momentum continued to swing toward the Halflings as they started with the ball and the initiative in the second half.  Setting up a strong line behind the Treemen, they induced the Norse to overpursue, then took advantage with a redirection to the other flank.  A Dauntless Norse runner helped knock down a Treeman to get just enough breathing space for his mates to scramble to catch up to the play.  In this half, however, the Halflings remembered how to dodge and for two straight turns the Halfling blockers slippedthrough creases in the defense to support their ballcarrier.  The Norse line finally stiffened just 4 yards out from the try, where an Ulfwerener needed both of his frenzied attacks (plus a re-roll) to finally force the ballcarrier out of bounds.  With a bit of lucky bounce on the recovery, and the Trees rooted on the far side of the pitch, the Frostskalds were able to put a second score across on turn 16.

Final: 
Norsca Frostskalds (2 - 0) Forked Pies

Bonus shout out to the sharp eye'd goblin ref, keeping those Halfling rogues in line.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:50:32 pm by smakemupagus »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:24 pm »

I think given some recent events that have just happened to me I'm going to drop out of the competition if that's a thing. I deactivated my team, I presume that means I'm no longer competing?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 3
« Reply #757 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:28 pm »

Nah, you have to actually withdraw it from the tournament... but I can do that.

I suppose that means we have a replacement slot open, then... and can advance the week, as well.

Matchups for Week Three:
hermes - The Forked Pies vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
BYE vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs ExKirby - The Blood Roses
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:39:26 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 11, 2013, 06:13:00 am »

Bay12 Breakers vs The Blood Roses

The elves had a lot of deaths and injuries so they spent a lot of the 1 mio. inducement to fill up the ranks.

Elves won the toss and quickly poked a hole in the right side, confidently running the carrier into dorfen territory.

After a bit of fighting the elves gets a number advantage on the right side, while most of the dorfs are busy knocking down the tree and the elf carrier dodges for the TD.

Dorf 0 - 1 Elf

Elves gets KO'd left and right, but that damn Trolldancer keeps getting in single die blocks on the carrier and knocking him down. The tree just lies on his back the whole drive.

In the end, the dorfs just don't have the time to score, and try for a desperate throw, but gets intercepted.

- Halftime -

A kickoff result earlier gave the dorfs a bribe, so the DR could stay on the pitch.

The elven line is slowly ground into a fine meaty paste, and the half ends with the dorf carrier in the end zone and only one elf stunned left on the pitch, and a tree that manages to get up, but then falls on the second GFI.

Dorfs score on their last turn.

Final result:

Dorfs 1 - 1 Elves

gg, and thanks for the game!
those trolldancers sure are anoying.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #759 on: April 11, 2013, 09:14:15 am »

And nobody died.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 11, 2013, 01:53:53 pm »

And nobody died.

Any match you leave with the same number of players you went in with is a W in my book!

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2013, 02:48:37 pm »

What about ones that I have more than I started with? ^_^

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 12, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »

Development advice?

After two games I have still only 11 players on the roster (6 skill players, 5 lineman, no big guy) and no apoth yet.  $70k in the bank.

Apothecary ASAP is the right play team development wise, right?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 12, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »

Yes. There are very few situations where you wouldn't buy an apothecary first, mostly involving really short leagues. This is a very long league, and so any of those corner cases do not apply.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 13, 2013, 01:37:18 am »

Cool, thanks :)

I wouldn't mind eventually adding the other Runner (+1MA and dauntless), but at $90k vs $50k for linemen, it seems like 1 or 2 more linemen as reserves are the next priority after the apothecary.  Does that make sense?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 149