Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256321 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 3
« Reply #765 on: April 13, 2013, 02:04:39 am »

Runners are the only players on your team with agility access on standard rolls, giving them neat options like block+dodge, side step, diving tackle... catching is also an option, although less desirable. Your runners can develop into players that are quite a bit different than your linemen, or your strength-based players.

However, we have quite a few bash teams and your armor is low, so reserves are also very important. I would say both choices are equally sound.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 13, 2013, 05:09:21 pm »

Week 3:
Norsca Frostskalds (Smakemupagus/Norse), Monk's Marauders (monk12/Human)

Not too much to report from the Norsca side of the pitch this time.  The Frostskalds pretty much spent the whole game maneuvering to get the occassional 2-dice block, while the Marauders amused themselves with picking up the ball, scoring touchdowns, and simultaneously bashing the Norse line up and down the length of the field.  At least the dead berzerker didn't take any SPP's with him to Valhalla!

Marauders (3 - 0) Frostskalds

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 13, 2013, 05:38:32 pm »

The Norse were already at a 800k disadvantage, facing a great deal of Guard, Dodge, and Mighty Blow on the Marauder sideline, and then the dice decided to hate them. A perfect defense and a failed pickup on the Norse first turn combined to put several Marauders around the ball right from the get-go, another perfect defense foiled hopes for equalizing before halftime, and a great many skulls and cracked armor put too many Norse in the injury box too quickly. Balkoth Badly Hurt the Star Player Yeti twice, though he regenerated each time, and by the end of the game Norsca Frostskalds sustained 7 CAS while only inflicting 2.

All in all, a nice bounceback game for the Marauders- no doubt the eventual rematch will be much tougher, but this time the Humans were too much of a matchup problem.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 13, 2013, 05:52:40 pm »

The Star Yeti seemed nice on paper, but lacking block and having frenzy, he's actually a bit of a liability.  (I guess that's the nature of big guys in general.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 13, 2013, 06:08:15 pm »

The Star Yeti seemed nice on paper, but lacking block and having frenzy, he's actually a bit of a liability.  (I guess that's the nature of big guys in general.)

True enough- he's pretty fancy in that his strength is high and he doesn't have Wild Animal, but he does get himself into trouble against lots of guard. I probably would have taken Morg 'n' Thorg- no frenzy or claw, and he's more expensive, but faster, AG 3, Block and AV 10 really helps him get in the thick of the action and stay there. I might have bought some potions instead of cheering fans, but the way your luck was going none of them would work anyway :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 16, 2013, 03:13:45 pm »

Any news on the missing games?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 16, 2013, 03:27:37 pm »

Any news on the missing games?
I'll probably be able to fit in mine this weekend, but probably not before... it's going to be the sort of week where I get home late, which means it's not-quite-dawn in all of those places on the other side of the pond, including where Charm resides.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 16, 2013, 08:50:56 pm »

AlStar and I still have to confirm a date.... hopefully in the next couple of days.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 16, 2013, 09:09:30 pm »

Good to hear. Hopefully both games can get played soon and we can move on.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 18, 2013, 08:44:54 am »

Chaos Dwarves squash Halflings 4-0 in the pouring rain.

Even if I was an unskilled team, this would still be a hard match. With mighty blow on most of my players, it's just a slaughter.

On the plus side, noone died or was SI'd, and the halflings actually managed to BH my minotaur on a lucky -1 TZ foul.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 18, 2013, 08:53:16 am »

Squashed, trampled and obliterated.  The halflings had to resort to shameless fouling since they were quite unable to do anything else.  Aside from the obvious strengths of the CD team and AlStar's solid playing, they were able to reposition on kick-off a couple of times which was brutal as it rendered the treemen all but useless.  Will have to try some radically different tactics for the next game....  :-\
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 18, 2013, 09:00:19 am »

Oh man, those halfling pancakes are gonna be so yummy!  :P
Can't wait!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 18, 2013, 09:58:13 am »

Can't wait!

The team is swilling ale and eating all the pies for the sole purpose of trying to choke all opponents who attempt to eat halflings during the course of a game.   :P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 18, 2013, 11:51:03 am »

Can't wait!

The team is swilling ale and eating all the pies for the sole purpose of trying to choke all opponents who attempt to eat halflings during the course of a game.   :P

Well that's why you've got to smush them flat like a pancake first! Though Balkoth the Ogre has expressed a fondness for whole foods...

And there's nothing shameful about a solid, strategic foul! Particularly if it takes a Minotaur off the pitch!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 18, 2013, 12:23:51 pm »

And there's nothing shameful about a solid, strategic foul! Particularly if it takes a Minotaur off the pitch!

The shameful part is doing it under a -1 penalty. Fouls should be done with as many pluses as possible, so that you guarantee breaking armor.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 149