Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256302 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 7
« Reply #870 on: May 31, 2013, 09:38:04 pm »

And victory goes to The Other Kittens in a 1-0 very last turn double going for it touchdown! I'll be posting a more in-depth game sequence here in a while, but I will say this right now. One, I hate that dang white field, makes it impossible to tell what the heck is going on. And two, I'm going to enjoy my new rotter named "Zara the Slayer". :P

Nobody likes that field. And DANG but that's a heck of a teaser!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 31, 2013, 11:54:58 pm »

Ok, here we go.

End Score:
The Other Kittens 1 - 0 Norsca Frostskalds
Spoiler: Turn-By-Turn (click to show/hide)
Highlights:
K5: Zara gets killed by a 5-man foul, netting me a nice bit of SPP for my players and the coolest Rotter ever. :D
K16: My Rotter manages to make a double going-for-it move to score the game-winning touchdown after much battling back and forth.

Roll Analysis:
BB-Manager returns fairly even results on both coaches luck of the dice. In general the Kittens tended to roll more in the middle ranges of the dice, while Norsca tended to roll large amounts of the bottom numbers and the top numbers, but the trend was only very slight.

Thoughts:
Despite the fact that the Kittens were strong enough to push them around and the massive amount of injuries they sustained (2 Badly Hurt, 1 Pinched Nerve, and the Death of Zara) Norsca remained extremely strong during the match, and only barely lost the game through a combination of luck that involved a lucky stun followed by the double going-for-it touchdown. Whether they can continue to do so in face of their mounting number of injuries remains an important question. I must also say that playing against a team that all have block with a team that hardly has any is rather annoying. :P

This match also netted my team a nice amount of much-needed SPP. As more and more bashing teams approach on my schedule, I can only hope that I manage to get some of my needed skills before they shred through my team.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:57:22 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 01, 2013, 01:38:32 am »

Nice write up and well played, I'm glad I put you in a position to roll some dice on the last few turns but the win was certainly well deserved.

And, those +STR warriors are beasts.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 01, 2013, 03:22:40 pm »

Game played, 5-1 to the Skinks. Sorry for the delay.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 8
« Reply #874 on: June 01, 2013, 05:27:59 pm »

Matches validated, week advanced.

Matchups for Week 8
ExKirby - The Blood Roses vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs BYE
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's
smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
hermes - The Forked Pies vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 01, 2013, 05:35:27 pm »

Highlights:
K5: Zara gets killed by a 5-man foul, netting me a nice bit of SPP for my players and the coolest Rotter ever. :D
Just a nitpick, but fouling doesn't give any SPP, no matter the outcome.

That's why it's traditionally considered 'rude' to do on the last turn, since all you're doing is trying to hurt the other team, without benefit to yourself.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 01, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »

Highlights:

That's why it's traditionally considered 'rude' to do on the last turn, since all you're doing is trying to hurt the other team, without benefit to yourself.
Strange, because when the death happened the "instant replay" showed a bunch of +1's over the heads of my guys and then the game said some of them had leveled up (such as my BoN, and despite them still being on level 1 after the game). Maybe there is a bug where it sometimes gives out SPP for fouling when it shouldn't?
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 01, 2013, 08:40:31 pm »

Highlights:

Strange, because when the death happened the "instant replay" showed a bunch of +1's over the heads of my guys and then the game said some of them had leveled up (such as my BoN, and despite them still being on level 1 after the game). Maybe there is a bug where it sometimes gives out SPP for fouling when it shouldn't?

The +1s were for each assist on the foul, I believe. Not that I've futzed with instant replay at all, so what do I know :P

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 02, 2013, 04:03:59 am »

Monk speaks the truth

EDIT:
Yae! new week!
"Hey Pies, wonna play our game?"
"Sure"
*servers are down*
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:32:24 am by ank »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:32 pm »

In what could only be called a slaughter, Chaos Dwarves defeat Wood Elves 4-0.

The Wood Elves get a LOT of cash. They go for -RR for the Dwarves, +RR for themselves, 2 kegs of beer and a Halfling Chef. They also get 4 mercs, because they're horribly understrength.

Dwarves win the toss, elect to recieve. The Elves make an interesting play - EVERYONE ON THE LINE.
Result: 4 CAS on the first turn. 1 DEAD on the second.

It all kind of spiralled out of control for the Elves from there.

Weather was interesting - started out temperate, started raining half-way through the 1st, and then started snowing during the 2nd.

Despite the fact that they were insanely outnumbered and ExKirby wasn't really trying his hardest, the Wood Elves still nearly pulled off some elven BS, actually coming close to scoring. True, it would've needed three GFIs in the snow, but he'd already finished the hard part of 3 or 4 dodges within TZs.

Good game Kirby - you'll get your team killed yet!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 04, 2013, 11:50:33 pm »

Norsca Frostskalds (smakemupagus) v. Skitterscamps (Kanil)

With only a small pool of inducements and a short roster, the 'Skalds can't afford a star player, and are stuck with only a handful of merc linemen (one with tackle, to try to keep an eye on the dodgey gobs and skaven).

The pitch ran red.  Dead goblins, crippled Norse. 

The Skitterscamps got ahead by one score through superior play, and stayed on top by having a deep enough bench to actually field something resembling a Blood Bowl team in the second half.  The few remaining journeyman norse linemen and ulfwereners made a stand, fighting back to back, trying to make the 'Scamps pay a blood price for any extra touchdowns.  In the end, the score stayed respectable-looking, (0-2) in favor of the Skitterscamps.

The high point for the Frostskalds may have been getting all our key positionals safely knocked out and into the medical box where they couldn't be killed.  The roster is down to 8 men, but the positionals are leveling up, and there's enough gold in the war chest to hire the Norse Yeti.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 05, 2013, 03:10:59 am »

The Skitterscamps got ahead by one score through superior play...

I think you're being a bit generous about the difficulty of scoring in an 11 vs 7 situation. This game was pretty well sealed at around the mid-point of the first half, when I got 3 CAS in one turn.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 06, 2013, 02:01:34 am »

The Other Kittens 0-1 Mephisto's Fist-o's

That was possibly the unluckiest game I have ever played (combined with an extremely lucky one for Symbiode). Just take a look at the probability charts especially those of the D6 and the block dice. In both cases Symbiode's rolls cleared the "average chance" amount in the highs and were below in the lows, while I tended to suffer from the exact opposite.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Throughout the game my players were constantly getting hammered by frenzy, which when combined with the extreme luck difference meant I was basically just knocked over constantly (So many 1 die frenzy rolls that came up defender stumbles/down, and with 6 rerolls the 1 or so failures were undone). I also lost one of my level two rotters to death, luckily just one of the ones with block. My +Agi rotter was injured, but nothing permanent.

Also is there a problem where players don't assist even though they should? I had about 4 times in that game where I should have been able to make a 2 die roll but it wasn't showing the +1's and was only giving me a 1 die roll. A particular noticeable instance was when the field looked like this:
Code: [Select]
..E.X
.N.A.
....X
A and N are my players, E and X are Symbiodes. A and E have the same strength, and N should be free to assist making it a 2 die block. Regardless of this fact that game declared that I only had a one die block, and refused to give me two. (I even threw the block anyways to check if it was just a graphics problem. The end result was that it showed N assisting graphically with the block, but I still only got a 1 die block. IIRC it also showed the X in the bottom right with a +1, which doesn't seem like it should be happening at all).

Also two more big mess-ups on my part, the first was where I accidentally ordered a guy to follow after he had spent all of his move with the blitz, causing a failed go-for-it and a quick turnover, and on the very last blitz of the very last turn I was canceling the blitz to re-position some players for a 3 die block instead of a 2 and hit the "end turn" button instead, ending my last turn and losing the chance.

One nice moment was when, (after Symbiode secured the win and deciding to simply wait it out before scoring), I manged to give him 4 casualties in the space of a turn or so, yielding me a nice bit of SPP (sadly the only one to level up was my BoN, despite me having 3 more players 1 SPP from the next level :P).

Also one more humorous moment was when a dropped ball bounced through two players fingers, only to be picked up by an incredible 6 from my Beast of Nurgle, who managed to hold onto the ball for a few more turns before finally being taken out.

@Symbiode: Our game appears to have shown up twice in BB manager (maybe with both submitted at the same time?). If you want I will remove mine from the list, but your's is currently submitted to the wrong "day", this is week 8, not 7.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 06, 2013, 02:09:29 am »

I removed my duplicate game from the BB Manager. That was a fun game, I was worried I was going to run out of players at the end there when you started injuring everyone. I'm glad your +1 Agi guy didn't get any permanent injuries, he's a huge asset to your team.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 06, 2013, 04:10:13 am »

I have not seen any issues with assisting blocks in my games. In your diagram, he has a pair of players assisting the block himself, so if all players are the same strength, then that would be a 2 die block in his favor.

If you wish, tell me which turn the block happened, and I'll take a look at it in the replay.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:12:24 am by Kanil »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 149