Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256246 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 8
« Reply #885 on: June 06, 2013, 11:25:08 am »

Yeah, I'm not sure how you got even a 1d block out of that. I'm guessing one of the X players must have been in a TZ not shown on the diagram. If they were both in TZs, are you sure one player didn't have guard?

Poor dice though. Always fun when the Big guys get the ball!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 06, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »

>> I'll take a look at it in the replay.

How do we watch replays of games other than our own?  Or can Kanil only do it because he's the commish?

Hopefully Rotter Zara the Slayer wasn't one of the casualties!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:17:38 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 06, 2013, 01:07:54 pm »

I have not seen any issues with assisting blocks in my games. In your diagram, he has a pair of players assisting the block himself, so if all players are the same strength, then that would be a 2 die block in his favor.

If you wish, tell me which turn the block happened, and I'll take a look at it in the replay.

I am a little confused...  I have to admit that I'm not super confident in my knowledge of the rules in this case :) but I thought the X guys don't assist in that figure, because they don't have tackle zones on E, right?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 06, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »

I have not seen any issues with assisting blocks in my games. In your diagram, he has a pair of players assisting the block himself, so if all players are the same strength, then that would be a 2 die block in his favor.

If you wish, tell me which turn the block happened, and I'll take a look at it in the replay.

I am a little confused...  I have to admit that I'm not super confident in my knowledge of the rules in this case :) but I thought the X guys don't assist in that figure, because they don't have tackle zones on E, right?

But they do have their TZs on A, the player throwing the block. Friendly, unimpeded TZs on the target give a +1 modifier, while unfriendly unimpeded TZs on the blocker impose a -1. Friendly TZs on the blocker don't help, and unfriendly TZs on the target don't hinder.

If instead it was N throwing a block on E, then the X's wouldn't impose any penalties to the block, but they would prevent A from assisting, making it an even 1d block.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 06, 2013, 02:16:02 pm »

But they do have their TZs on A, the player throwing the block. Friendly, unimpeded TZs on the target give a +1 modifier, while unfriendly unimpeded TZs on the blocker impose a -1. Friendly TZs on the blocker don't help, and unfriendly TZs on the target don't hinder.
Ok, that would explain it. I was unaware of that particular rule. Thanks for the information!

And no, the dead rotter wasn't Zara the Slayer. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 06, 2013, 04:56:13 pm »

>> I'll take a look at it in the replay.

How do we watch replays of games other than our own?  Or can Kanil only do it because he's the commish?

Hopefully Rotter Zara the Slayer wasn't one of the casualties!!

You can download replays off BBM.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 06, 2013, 09:57:51 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Monk's Marauders

Khorne picks up a wandering apoc, just to be safe. Khorne elects to kick, and lines up in a relative conservative formation, with two players deep and the wings off the front line. A perfect defense ensures the Minotaur is across from the Ogre.

M1: Two beastmen on the wing get knocked over. The thrower picks up the kickoff and begins to move it forward with a blitzer for protection.

K1: A blitzing warrior knocks out the thrower. The ogre goes down. A lineman is stunned.

M2: A beastman gets stunned. A thrower fails his dodge trying to move back toward the ball.

K2: Several humans get knocked over. The catcher falls over beside the ball.

M3: A catcher picks up the ball and runs it forward, handing it off to a blitzer near midfield.

K3: Some blocks, then the catcher again falls over, this time going into the end zone.

M4: The blitzer hands off to a catcher, who runs in the touchdown.

K4: Monk gets an extra reroll from the kickoff. New TAB picks up the kickoff. LnS, the Catcher, and Fritz begin moving down one side.

M5: Several players swarm around the threesome.

K5: A lineman gets knocked out. New TAB passes to the Catcher who, one again, fails a GFI and falls over. The fans helpfully throw the ball back in to one of Monk's blitzers.

M6: The blitzer heads downfield. A catcher falls over trying to dodge.

K6: A warrior manages to double skull on the reroll of his blitz of the ball carrier.

M7: The blitzer falls over going for it toward the end zone.

K7: A thrower is killed by LnS, but the apoc saves him. New TAB runs back toward the ball.

M8: A blitzer injures a warrior, who apocs.

K8: An attempted Long Bomb to the catcher fails.

Halftime Score: Monk's Marauders 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: All three of Monk's knockouts stay down. Monk gets an extra reroll. New TAB picks up the kickoff in the end zone. The front line of the humans goes down, including a stunned ogre, but the minotaur goes down in the process.

M9: A beastman goes down. A blitzer runs toward New TAB.

K10: TAB runs forward with the ball, and fumbles the pass.

M10: A blitzer double-skulls twice to bring a quick end to the turn.

K11: New TAB picks up the ball and hands it to the catcher, who runs it downfield with LnS and another beastman.

M11: A bunch of humans blitz the catcher, sending the ball into the stands. They send it straight back, to the middle of the Marauder backfield. A thrower picks it up.

K12: A failed dodge ends the turn.

M12: The thrower gets off a pass, but the catch fails.

K13: The minotaur gets beside the blitzer near the ball, but can't knock him down.

M13: Some moves.

K14: Lots of blocks, an injury, New TAB gets near the ball.

M14: A catcher picks up the ball and gets to midfield with support. A warrior is knocked out.

K15: An attempt to blitz the catcher just pushes him.

M15: Fritz gets knocked out. The thrower uses his nerves of steel to get the ball to a nearby blitzer, who runs downfield with it.

K16: I forgot that I can't start a move then declare the blitz and, thus, ensured I couldn't score. Did no damage, either.

M16: Runs in the score.

Final Score: Monk's Marauders 2 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: *shrug* There's a limit to the number of double-1 rolls (or the double skull equivalent) I can survive.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 06, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »

Could I be arsed to upload to BBM, I'm sure the record would show ndkid had worse luck than I did. Perhaps more importantly than the totals, his poor luck came at critical moments in the game that shaped the drive, while mine came late in the play after the important things were done, for the most part.

K5 was huge, IIRC that was one the ballcarrier failed the GFI heading into the endzone. I thought we'd be looking at a scorefest and me with the AG5 Thrower in the KO box (he did not return after turn one) but instead the failed GFI and Marauder throw-in kept Kobb's Khorne out of the endzone for the half.

K9 was another big one, the Minotaur threw Both Down fairly early in the drive such that only the LoS blocks and the pickup had been resolved. The Ogre was stunned, but got back up quickly- the Minotaur was on his back for half the drive, and didn't get up until the Marauders had possession.

M15 I'll go ahead and be proud of. The Catcher had the ball, but was pinned between a Chaos Warrior and a Beastman with Tackle, making escape quite chancy. Fortunately, he had Nerves of Steel, and a couple quick 2d blocks gave him the opportunity to make a quick pass to the Blitzer who eventually scored.

K16 was funny mostly because it would have worked if he'd remembered to declare the blitz. The Blitzer had a mark between himself and the target, and actually made both dodges through the TZ to get clear and still get a shot at the ballcarrier... if he'd declared a blitz. I almost cocked it up on M16 when I tried to blitz the mark off the ballcarrier with a rookie lineman, but after the reroll I got a Stumbles on the last of his four dice.

A good game overall, I think. The luck was much more even in the second half, the only real inconvenience I suffered in the first was losing my best Thrower and Catcher to the KO box. As I recall my last game against ndkid was similarly unbalanced in my favor; one of these days I'll catch him when the dice aren't so screwey, and probably get my ass handed to me from all those strong +AG players. His first offense should not only have scored, but scored handily as he blew open a huge hole in my flank. GFIs are poison, man.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:44 am »

Sahagin Stormers 3 - 0 The Forked Pies

The lizardmen looked rough but played well.  The Pies started with over a million in cash, so got Morg'n'thorg as per usual.  The bruiser killed a small lizard on the first turn, lay prone for half the match (because of my poor playing) and then took MVP for the team.  Last time I hire that brute.  1st TD the Stormers opened up a flank, the halflings ran to cover it, but the small lizards with amazing MA switched sides and ran it in easily.  Rest of the game was kind of a blur (the beer induced kind), but I remember it being the first time I was frustrated playing the game...

I tried to position off the front line, but it turns out you have to have 3 on the line.
The Pies got into a potential scoring situation once, but MnT blitzed at the edge of his MA area which is apparently a GFI, which he failed and then failed the chance to fail on the reroll because he is a failed loner.  Did I mention how I hated MnT this game?

Well, the frustration was all down to my own ignorance of the rules, and some solid playing by Charmander  :)
The halflings are so unreliable with the ball it's got to the point where I feel paralysed and don't want to move them at all!
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 07, 2013, 08:05:57 am »

Weird stuff: I had a turnover after losing the ball to a wizard fireball between turns. I'm fairly sure that's not normal, and might have been a combination of lag and almost timing out.

I also didn't think inducements-purchased star players could get MVP, but Morg did.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 07, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »

Weird stuff: I had a turnover after losing the ball to a wizard fireball between turns. I'm fairly sure that's not normal, and might have been a combination of lag and almost timing out.

I also didn't think inducements-purchased star players could get MVP, but Morg did.

Due to Cyanide's fantastic coding, you can use your wizard during your opponent's turn, which can cause a turnover in certain circumstances (seems, if the ball carrier is taken down and the ball bounces to someone who doesn't catch.)

I'm guessing that's what happened here?

You can do this by mistake, especially if it's lagging. I'm assuming that's what happened here (if you're willing to bug abuse to win, you probably wouldn't play halflings.) Doing this on purpose will result in your removal from the tournament, however -- so don't.

As for MVP, yeah anyone can get it. Induced players, mercenaries, probably if you kill a dude and raise him as a zombie as well.

Last game of the week is ank vs Burnt Pies. You two trying again after getting screwed over by the servers the first time?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 07, 2013, 05:42:48 pm »

Taking the top left corner of a player's tackle zone to be square one and counting clockwise, as I remember it there was a skink and a saurus at his number 7, with the fireball aimed at the skink. I don't think the ball bounced to the saurus who'd never be able to catch it anyway, but the thing was rendered a little moot because the immediate halfling turn over was short-lived with a failed pickup.

And it was certainly not malicious, given Hermes' unfamiliarity with the rules, let alone the game.

The MVP thing is still kind of a bitch, though. Especially for a new team hard-pressed for SPP that isn't also actively self-destructing.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 07, 2013, 09:21:50 pm »

The halflings are so unreliable with the ball it's got to the point where I feel paralysed and don't want to move them at all!

I'll take "Reasons Halflings Suck" for 300, Alex :P

But yeah, Halflings really rely on impeccable positioning, since as soon as you start rolling dice everything goes to hell. Which is a problem since Halfling positioning itself relies on a lot of 3+ dodges...

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 07, 2013, 11:44:11 pm »

Yeah, the fireball thing was totally unexpected.  From trying to check out the rules, it seems the ability to use the wizard at the end of one's turn, which is what I did having failed to take down the skink, was introduced to Cyanides BB last year, so I guess might be glitched.

I believed I was doing this at the end of my turn, since I'd had the option to do so every turn beforehand.  I'm almost certain there was nothing to indicate that it was charmanders turn then... There is the wizard timer.

I guess the only way to play it safe is to not use the wizard at end of turn, or give back the turn if they suffer an immediate turnover?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 07, 2013, 11:52:22 pm »

I'll take "Reasons Halflings Suck" for 300, Alex :P

But yeah, Halflings really rely on impeccable positioning, since as soon as you start rolling dice everything goes to hell. Which is a problem since Halfling positioning itself relies on a lot of 3+ dodges...

I need to check out your replays of the Munchkins, the match vs the undead sounds great!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 149