Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256234 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 11
« Reply #945 on: July 09, 2013, 03:05:31 pm »

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Grant Valdred, the frenzied Blitzer rolled double 6 for his sixth level, making him a sorely needed ST 4 bruiser.

Omo Thunderjaw, Nerves of Steel Diving Catch receiver caught an Agility increase, making him a truly potent scoring threat.

And Eomund Tonkai rolled double 6 as well, making him a 6-4-5-8 TV 240 beast. The centerpiece of the team, for sure.

The Marauders will never be a better team than they are right now. Championship or bust!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 11, 2013, 08:29:02 am »

The Bay12 Breakers defeat The Forked Pies 4-0!

A picture says more than a thousand words:

And that was before the second half!

All in all the halflings sustained 10 casualties and the dorfs none.

PANCAKES for everyone! My treat! Hermes already brought the meat!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 11, 2013, 09:12:49 am »

The Bay12 Breakers defeat The Forked Pies 4-0!

Shocking result!  Those dorfs are strong.  The poor flings couldn't even dodge the dwarves, such was the dwarven hunger for halfling delicacies.  Highlight of the match for the flings?  Chef stealing no rerolls almost every time?  Last turn fling death?  Zara being useless?  No, it definitely had to be the thrown ball-holding-fling not moving a single tile.  No injury, no movement, nada.  If I could start fires under the trees like DF I would.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 11, 2013, 10:11:07 am »

Dwarves are basically the worst possible team to play as flings. Piles and piles of tackle and dodge just destroy what little advantages halflings have as a team, and dwarf AV is too high to foul them out reliably. Getting out with only one dead halfling is basically a win, especially if those are all BH and nobody needs to retire.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 11, 2013, 10:11:55 pm »

Dwarves are basically the worst possible team to play as flings.

Fixed. :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 11, 2013, 10:19:54 pm »

Man, there is just something wrong about an MA8 dorf.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 14, 2013, 06:15:42 pm »

Game goes to Jartol in a 1-0 due to my stupid inability to count to the number eight properly (else it would have been a tie). No serious injuries on my half with the exception of one of my two cool rotters, Naelaste, who has decided to give up his undead life around turn 3.

Edit: Also, how exactly does this league handle playoffs? I checked the front page but it doesn't say anything.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:22:59 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 14, 2013, 06:59:53 pm »

Top 8, single elimination bracket, best of one.

No draws, so games feature overtime. Which is just tacking four turns onto the end of the game until someone wins. Play continues from the position it was on T16 (or 20, or so on) and rerolls are not restocked. It isn't sudden death, so if one team gets the lead, the other might have a chance to tie it again.

Two games left this week, ndkid vs ExKirby, and smakemupagus vs Burnt Pies -- how's that going?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 15, 2013, 06:36:23 am »

Sent ExKirby a message here some time ago, haven't heard back.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 12
« Reply #954 on: July 17, 2013, 04:51:32 pm »

Administered results for the two remaining matches, win for ndkid and a draw in the other one. Week advanced.

Matchups for Week 12
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
ExKirby - The Blood Roses vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
BYE vs smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds
Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs hermes - The Forked Pies
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 18, 2013, 03:00:22 pm »

I think we can safely assume the missing players are on summer vacation.

Still, the league must go on!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 18, 2013, 06:58:52 pm »

Skitterscamps 2 - 1 The Forked Pies

The week before the game the halflings ritually burned their treemen, who had, unfortunately but typically for them, taken root so they could not flee.  The lumber was sold to farmer Gamgee up Shire way who had a spectacular roast by all accounts.  In the game, the skaven were unexpectedly strong and injured a lot of flings very quickly, and walked in a TD in about 5 turns.  Without the treemen the halflings concentrated on playing rather than fighting, and thanks to Skitterskamps' decision to play a sporting game by fielding mostly goblins after the first TD, they enjoyed the game a lot.  Highlight was thrown goblin action, including a perfect landing (what a rare sight!) and a poor gobbo who landed off pitch and was then beaten by fans.  Possibly goblin fans.

Thanks to everyone in the league, the games were fun, and thanks to Kanil for organizing the league so well!   :)
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:17 pm »

"But we've got another week to go! Oh wait flings finish on a BYE."

Of course the off-pitch goblin was beat up by goblin fans! How did the halfling TD come about?

Hope to see you next season!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 18, 2013, 11:24:15 pm »

How did the halfling TD come about?
We played 6v6-ish stunties (and my troll was throwing goblins, probably to my detriment) for fun after the first TD. Stunties have a hard time stopping one another from scoring.

hermes had a good handoff and the elusive 'fling slipped away. Goblins scrambled to block the way but too many were behind the play to stop the TD.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 19, 2013, 12:46:18 am »

Hope to see you next season!

Thanks, and good luck in the playoffs!  Will be some pretty rough games I expect.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 149