Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256258 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 13
« Reply #1005 on: July 30, 2013, 10:04:27 pm »

Glistening Dementia ties Naturan Demanto 1-1.

There were some very, very, unlucky rolls for Dementia during the first that foiled all plans to score: First, my AG 3 centaur killed himself on a standard dodge that would've gotten me the TD (Apoh healed him back up to BH.) Then, right near the end of the first, an AG 3 hobgoblin pickup that would have seen him run out of tackle range of any Undead failed, dropping the ball next to Ramtut.

Ramtut? Oh yeah, Demanto got nearly a million gold to play with, so they picked up both of their Star Players, plus reduced me by 1 RR, and tried for a potion that didn't take. The 2nd star player wasn't worth much - he was SI'd on the first turn and his regen failed. Ramtut, on the other hand, was a constant terror, bullying the entire field with his MV 5, ST 6, break tackle.

In the second, Demanto advance the ball, but start taking massive losses in their ghouls. Finally, it looks like I've totally got them stopped, with my centaur holding the ball by my goal line after knocking out the ghoul that had been holding the ball. Then Ramtut swooped in, wrestling down the centaur, allowing the final remaining ghoul to pick up the ball and get the TD.

The kick to Dementia goes offside, and the Undead get to see what a +2MV, Sprint, Sure Footed Centaur can do when he starts on the line. It would've been perfect, but Demanto manages the 2 GFI needed to box in the ball carrier. A perfectly possible 1d block could've fixed that, but a dwarf gets greedy on a block and ends up double skulling, ending the turn early.  Next turn sees Ramtut (again!) GFI twice to get him in range of the ballcarrier, allowing them to block him to the side of the field. The ball goes off, and gets kicked to a mummy, who - amazingly - catches it.

Luckily, we've got enough manpower in the area to get a 2d block, knocking the ball free. A hobgoblin picks up the ball and makes a moderate pass to the AG 3 centaur.

On their final turn the Undead get a player on the centaur, but don't try the -2d block. On our final turn, we blitz, knocking the Undead down. A GFI later and the game ends in a tie.

Good game!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 30, 2013, 11:20:02 pm »

I've always been willing to organize a rookie tournament, to run alongside the existing one. I envision it starting around mid-season, letting new players join up sooner, and giving people chances to start training a new team. There's never been much interest in it, though. I'd be open to other formats for it as well.

If you mean to say have the main tournament be a rookie tournament, then I am not really willing to do that. But if there's demand, then someone else can assume tournament management responsibilities and use whatever rules/format they want.

I am planning on making some changes to how the tournament is managed (or who manages it) for next season, so hopefully things will actually run smoother, irregardless of how many people are playing (or not playing, as it often is...)
The former is more what I meant. Or just a two-division league where teams get promoted/relegated, though that doesn't really solve the rookie vs. non-rookie team angst, so, yeah, just the "rookie league" and "main league". Possibly with no restrictions on the main league, but only fresh teams allowed in the rookie league.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 31, 2013, 12:00:57 am »

I am entirely willing to manage that, if we have players who want to play in it.

Also, with AlStar vs Jartol concluding, first round matchups of the playoffs are now all set.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 31, 2013, 09:13:27 pm »

I'd play in a rookie league next season, definitely. The Marauders are pretty well developed, and a rookie league would let me experiment to see what I'd like to do for a successor (and give that successor a head start before lining them up against some of the more brutal teams running in the Big Leagues :P) Rather than require fresh teams for the rookie league, perhaps a simple TV cap with no other team restrictions in place (e.g racial limit) would work best?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Quarter-Finals
« Reply #1009 on: August 01, 2013, 03:30:42 am »

Seems no more games are likely to be played, so the playoffs start now.

Matchups for the Quarter-Finals:
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne

As for the rookie tournament: Well, there's a certain allure to having everyone using brand new teams, and helps prevent player farming. Furthermore, should we have a TV cap, it would probably be so low (1300?) that more than a few teams would only get one season anyway. However, I'd be more or less up for whatever everyone wants.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 01, 2013, 03:30:13 pm »

I've got another question. I've noticed that against elves, they were constantly rolling +1 for dodge while in my tackle zones. But as dwarves, nearly all my guys had tackle. From what the tool tip says they cannot use the dodge skill in that person's tackle zone, so why were they still getting +1? Or is there some extra feature of dodge that tackle stops?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 01, 2013, 03:39:47 pm »

I've got another question. I've noticed that against elves, they were constantly rolling +1 for dodge while in my tackle zones. But as dwarves, nearly all my guys had tackle. From what the tool tip says they cannot use the dodge skill in that person's tackle zone, so why were they still getting +1? Or is there some extra feature of dodge that tackle stops?
The +1 is likely from their Agility of 4. Tackle prevents Dodge, which gives a reroll, but does not prevent the basic modifications to the dodge role for AGL.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 01, 2013, 04:10:41 pm »

The +1 is likely from their Agility of 4. Tackle prevents Dodge, which gives a reroll, but does not prevent the basic modifications to the dodge role for AGL.

You automatically get a +1 for any dodge roll in much the same way you get +1 to picking up the ball; Dodge and Tackle don't come into it. An AG 4 player dodging into the open succeeds on a 2+ (and when you factor in a reroll, that's quite dodgy.) Negative modifiers only pop up if you dodge into an enemy TZ (so if you were dodging into one enemy TZ, you'd get +1 for making a dodge and -1 for dodging into an opponent's TZ, for example)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 02, 2013, 01:31:47 am »

Ah, thank you, I was confused by the word "Dodge" next to the +1

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 02, 2013, 11:58:28 am »

I would really recommend that you read the official rulebook:
http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/Rules.shtml

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #1015 on: August 02, 2013, 12:05:46 pm »

Probably better to get the competition rules, I think that's what's used on FUMBBL and the like?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 02, 2013, 09:03:24 pm »

Ah, the main problem with having such a good season - you have to write up all the damn match reports.

Anyway, Dementia wins 2-0 over the Kittens.

There was some back and forth, and for a while it looked like the Kittens might get a tying score in (and OT could've swung either way, really) but on turn 14 I was able to make a dodge into a tackle zone with my AG 3 centaur, knocking down the ball carrier (an AG _5_ rotter) and claiming the ball.

Things wouldn't have been quite so close if the Kittens hadn't gotten enough cash to hire a wizard, who zapped a hobgoblin ball carrier late in the first when he was on a clear path to get a TD.

Other things of note? A rock killed one of the Kitten's players, but a good regeneration roll saved him.

The ref was blind - and not in a good way, since despite my large number of dirty players, I never got a clean shot at a foul. The Kittens on the other hand managed to take out my +2MV centaur late in the first and he stayed out for the second. They also tried against my AG 3 centaur, but failed to break armor.

Anyway, good game!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 02, 2013, 09:09:09 pm »

Was a very good game; that 5 AGI rotter makes a great ball carrier for dodging away and really helped to keep the game close right up till almost the end.
Sadly one of my other leveled rotters died and took 8 SPP with him (he had just leveled up from the MVP last game, only to fall in this one :(, [Not Zara, though she took a miss next game injury after one turn in-game, not the luckiest rotter I have]). Other then that nobody took any permanent injuries, and I look forward to next season when my stat freaks can start to gain some skills to go with their abnormally high stats.

Best of luck to everyone in the play-offs, I eagerly await next season! :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:10:56 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 02, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »

Problem is, once your stat freaks get skills, they turn into foul magnets... and while regeneration wins games, it doesn't keep star players alive as well as an apothecary.

'course, when you have a line of 5ST guys with block and guard, it's hard to knock them down to foul 'em.

Match validated. The Chaos Dwarf juggernaut rolls on.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 02, 2013, 09:39:45 pm »

Problem is, once your stat freaks get skills, they turn into foul magnets... and while regeneration wins games, it doesn't keep star players alive as well as an apothecary.
That's one nice thing about having so many of them, it makes it harder to pick one to foul. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 149