Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256269 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Signups!
« Reply #1050 on: August 13, 2013, 11:27:27 pm »

I'm in for Season 8 in either the rookie or the regular or both, it doesn't matter to me. Khemri team preferably, Mountain Time (always Standard), and steam account is mariobro5

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 13, 2013, 11:42:26 pm »

If we do decide to do a rookie side tournament then I'm up for running a second team in that one (always wanted to try out an ogre team ;D).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 14, 2013, 01:49:50 am »

Congrats to Monk on winning!  And thanks again to Kanil for running everything, I'm happy you're continuing!
Please sign me up in the Rookie league for a.... High Elf team.  I want to **SCORE** this time.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 14, 2013, 04:50:53 am »

I just want to say that I've been 100% satisfied with the way Kanil has run the tournament so far.

We did have some slow weeks in the end, but remember, summer vacation, it is expected.

I'm all for a more rigid schedule, but we need to come up with strict rules about who gets the win if the game is not played.
Some of the cross-Atlantic games might have trouble getting scheduled, and it would be hard to determine who's fault it is.

I'm in with w00t w00t!

EDIT: And congratz to Monk and his marauders!
Now I don't feel so bad about loosing my first play-off match to him.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:55:10 am by ank »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 14, 2013, 05:32:33 am »

I'm dropping out of this one, and the Orcs are being disbanded. I'll be back for season 9 or 10, hopefully much more enthusiastic than I was this season.

On the plus side, this means the season will progress much faster  :P
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 14, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »

THE_SLAYA: Alright!

ank: If two people just can't schedule, due to time zones or whatever, then they get a draw. That's entirely understandable, and somewhat expected to happen. If one person is making an effort to schedule, and the other really isn't, then the person making the effort would get the win. If you're reasonably active on the forums, you won't be getting a loss.

Burnt Pies: Thank you for playing.

hermes: I'm not sure we're having the rookie tournament right now. I had planned on starting it some time during the season, as I figured if you wanted to start a new team at the start of the season, you could just join the main tournament. It'd also give players who missed signup a chance to join in "mid-season", if you will.

However, I'm open to changing that if people want. I'm also keen to split the main tournament into two divisions, sorted by TV, so if you're worried about getting stomped by the big teams, hopefully that'll be a lesser issue.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 14, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »

I'll be bringing Chaos or Orcs to Season 8, pending someone else claiming one of those two slots. My Orc team is much less veteran, but did well in Season 1, way back when.

I'd love to have a rookie team league. 1000TV limit for starting teams seems reasonable... if someone wants to trim a veteran team to 11 skilled players and no rerolls to get under that limit, I don't see it as a problem, really. I don't picture anyone going that route.

I am strongly in favor of a 7-day strict week. Depending on the total number of applicants for S8, I might again float the idea of time-zone based divisions to reduce time-zone-related scheduling issues.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 14, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »

I'll be bringing Chaos or Orcs to Season 8, pending someone else claiming one of those two slots. My Orc team is much less veteran, but did well in Season 1, way back when.

I'd love to have a rookie team league. 1000TV limit for starting teams seems reasonable... if someone wants to trim a veteran team to 11 skilled players and no rerolls to get under that limit, I don't see it as a problem, really. I don't picture anyone going that route.

I am strongly in favor of a 7-day strict week. Depending on the total number of applicants for S8, I might again float the idea of time-zone based divisions to reduce time-zone-related scheduling issues.

With the 1000TV limit, you'd mostly see Halfling teams as the only ones contending perennially (since they can make a serious go of things with <700k TV.) Not that I consider this a bad thing since flings are basically SPP farms anyway.

As far as structure of the rookie league, it looks like it will be just as big if not bigger than the main league. I myself have enough room in my life for 2 games of blood bowl every 10 days, so if we do a single division round robin thing that's as long as the main league's season, I'd be fine with that (I'll even call it my preference.) If we want the rookie league to be shorter then we'll probably need multiple divisions. Either way, I'm also hoping there will be a rookie playoff cup thing, since playoff blood bowl is best blood bowl, and nothing says high expectations for a team like doing well in the rookie league and taking it up to the Big Leagues.

And speaking of the size of our leagues, I think we've got enough teams playing games and racial diversity to remove the unique races rule. Just a thought.

I'll confirm the Marauders will be playing Season 8, and I'll roll up a Dark Elf team for the rookie league (let's see, "M" words... Monk's Murderers? Monk's Mafia? Decisions, decisions...)

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 14, 2013, 08:22:24 pm »

Monk's Meatsacks.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:34 pm »

Monk's Meatsacks.

They're dark elves, not Ogres! Wait no Ogres would be Morons. Meatsacks would be... halflings? Undead maybe?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 14, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »

Conversely, I see this as defeating the entire point of a rookie league. There's going to be a 0 games played requirement. This isn't a tournament for people to farm up doubles and stat rolls, but rather a chance to get some games with a new team to see if you want to bring it into the main tournament.

Furthermore, I do think some teams can be quite viable at 1000 TV with no rerolls and a few skills.

Depending on the total number of applicants for S8, I might again float the idea of time-zone based divisions to reduce time-zone-related scheduling issues.

This should really, really be based on TV, rather than time zone.

I'll roll up a Dark Elf team for the rookie league (let's see, "M" words... Monk's Murderers? Monk's Mafia? Decisions, decisions...)

Monk's Misanthropes. Malcontents. Malicious Mob. Miasma Makers. I'm sure you can think up something good.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:02:25 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 14, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »

Ooh, I like Misanthropes... don't know of I could fill a roster with names on that theme though.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 15, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »

I'll be joining Season 8, with the team I (briefly) use last season, the DOOMWHEELS.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 16, 2013, 11:41:48 pm »

On the one hand, I gave myself a sad by reading Wikipedia's Timeline of Genocides article. On the other hand, Monk's Meanies the Dark Elf team is now fully staffed and ready to play! Also got around to formally applying the Marauders to the main league again.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 17, 2013, 08:31:10 am »

I was still on the fence about applying after the frustration of season seven. Maybe I just need a drink before I play or something.

But... erh. It's 8 at the moment, assuming the first post is accurate, right? If there's a tenth that shows up (unless odd numbers are accounted for in some way) put me in for the Stormers once more. As shit as we are, I love the scaly bastards.

If not, I'm considering a rookie pro elf team, but we'll see. I'd rather only play in one league, after all, since moods and renovations can be flaky.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 08:35:35 am by Charmander »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 149