Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256254 times)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 1 (and more signups!)
« Reply #1080 on: August 22, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »

Alright, then, I'll do that. Either I get a PM saying OI PLAY or I get one saying OI BE A ROOKIE.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 22, 2013, 04:01:53 pm »

If the rookie tournament ends up needing a player, I'll think of some sort of team to enter.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 22, 2013, 08:28:09 pm »

With 6+ish people more or less signed up, it seems the training tournament has enough people to make it worth hosting. So I've created the league, and we can also start applying teams to that! Yay, signups! Yay, applications! Yay, leagues!

"Bay12 Training Tournament" and "Bay12" as usual.

Still looking for a better name, though!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 22, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »

Dark Elves officially applied.

If you don't like "Training league," then maybe "Bay12 Minor Leagues?" Not as accurate as what you've already got, since teams don't last for more than a season.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 22, 2013, 09:49:02 pm »

Bay12 Feeder League? Bay12 Rookie League?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 23, 2013, 12:27:40 am »

The Pancake Batter League!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 23, 2013, 11:07:07 am »

I, too, would enjoy also having a rookie team, but I don't want to overburden that league.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 26, 2013, 07:28:51 am »

Alright, so I think I've got everything running correctly.

You've all been PM'd, letting you know things are underway. I can send these out on a weekly basis (and make them more verbose) if you want.

Matchups for Week One:
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs ank - w00t w00t
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens

Matches are expected to be played by Monday, September 2nd.
I must stress, this is tentative. If a week is too strict, we can use 10/11 day alternating weeks. If that's also a problem, we just don't have to have them, but if 10 days is regularly not enough time to play, then the tournament might take quite a while. But, I must stress: I'm still accepting feedback on it! So let me know.

As for the Training Tournament: Hermes has decided he doesn't have the time to commit to the tournament and has withdrawn. Therefore, we need at least one more player. ndkid/ank -- either of you still interested, and if you bring along a friend, then all three of you can sign up.
Once we get six (or eight) we'll start that.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 26, 2013, 07:54:42 am »

As for the Training Tournament: Hermes has decided he doesn't have the time to commit to the tournament and has withdrawn. Therefore, we need at least one more player. ndkid/ank -- either of you still interested, and if you bring along a friend, then all three of you can sign up.
Once we get six (or eight) we'll start that.
I will take your previous challenge and go with Pro Elves in the Training Tournament.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 26, 2013, 08:29:30 am »

Charmander was going to play Pro Elves, I think he probably has dibs. I don't think having two Pro Elves would be the end of the world, personally, though.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 26, 2013, 09:28:46 am »

Charmander was going to play Pro Elves, I think he probably has dibs. I don't think having two Pro Elves would be the end of the world, personally, though.
Oh, I missed that post after you noting three elven teams were already in. No worries, the 10 minutes I spent naming a pro elf team this morning just meant I got to miss a delay on public transit, so it all worked out. Maybe I'll finally break out the Skaven, since they're one of the few original teams I've never given a whirl. Let the rookie league be all AGL, all the time!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 26, 2013, 11:28:47 am »

I already got the skaven, xD

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:14 pm »

Wow, looks like it's gonna be a tough early season for me, especially with weeks three and four both being up against last seasons champion in monk's marauders. (At least it means if I lose the first time I get a second chance :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 26, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »

I already got the skaven, xD
Okay, I'll figure out a third choice when I get home, then.

Okay, I've built a rookie Lizardman team to amuse myself with.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:21:01 pm by ndkid »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 26, 2013, 09:17:56 pm »

Wow, looks like it's gonna be a tough early season for me, especially with weeks three and four both being up against last seasons champion in monk's marauders. (At least it means if I lose the first time I get a second chance :P).

I'm happy to get my run against your stat freaks before they get some utility skills to back it up, yes :P  Weeks 11 and 13 are repeats too. Cyanide's schedule maker is all kinds of strange.

ank's killer Wood Elf team Week 1 for me, and my Dirty Player is MNG from a Championship injury. Shucks. Looks like I'll have to do things the old-fashioned way :D

Sorry to lose hermes in the training tourney, hopefully he comes back in a future season.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 149