Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256300 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 1 - TT S1, W1
« Reply #1110 on: August 30, 2013, 10:51:27 pm »

Okay, just saw Kanil's training team, and I must say that it is hilarious. ALL THE STAR PLAYERS! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 30, 2013, 10:57:03 pm »

More like 11 crappy linemen and a wardancer with strip ball... but, yes. Fortunately wardancers are completely amazing even on day one, so it might just work...

Also, since you're here, how's your game going in the main tournament, i2amroy? Been able to schedule it or something?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 30, 2013, 11:00:21 pm »

Is the Cheerleader just because the game wouldn't let you create a team with TV 0, or is she the team? Incidentally, do you plan to sign the MVPs, or is this just a challenge on your part?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 30, 2013, 11:11:44 pm »

Bit of both. I set minimum TV to 1, I'm not sure if you can set it to 0 or not -- I never thought to check. Traveling around with a cute elven lass isn't exactly a bad thing, either.

And no, I don't intend to buy any players. Players are overrated.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 30, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »

Also, since you're here, how's your game going in the main tournament, i2amroy? Been able to schedule it or something?
We're currently scheduled for Saturday at noon (EDT) or if that falls through Sunday.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 31, 2013, 10:25:21 pm »

Unstoppable Immovables vs. Players are Overrated

This will be... interesting. Kanil uses his TV differential to buy his wood elves... he actually owns a cheerleader. The Lizardmen win the toss and elect to kick.

P1: The saurii line up along the front with their Krox, plus one off the line on each wing. Four skinks line up farther back. The wood elves line up like wood elves. Double teams knock over a saurus. A wardancer runs the kickoff back to midfield.

U1: Two elves on the line is stunned. Another is KOed. Two skinks go into deep defense.

P2: Another saurus goes down to a gang. The war dancer moves the ball close to the goal line. An elf knocks himself out dodging away from the line.

U2: A blitzing saurus knocks over the wardancer. A skink picks it up and runs it forward. He tries to hand it to another skink, who butterfingers it.

P3: A skink gets knocked back, then an elf fails to pick up the ball.

U3: A saurus blitzes back the elf by the ball, a skink picks it up and runs it downfield with a couple of friends. An elf or two gets stunned.

P4: Some standing up and moving. An elf falls over knocking over the ball carrier.

U4: A saurus finally scores first blood. Another saurus gets a second. A skink picks up the ball and runs in the score.

P5: The lizards get a blitz, getting a saurus beside the wardancer. Then a lineman kills a skink. The saurus beside the wardancer gets knocked down, and the wardancer picks up the ball and starts to move it forward.

U5: Several elves go down. A saurus knocks over one, but falls over himself.

P6: Several saurii go down to blitzes.

U6: Some lizards get into defensive positions. Several elves get knocked over.

P7: A saurus is knocked over as the wardancer heads toward the goal line. An elf falls over dodging from a skink.

U7: An attempt to knock over the war dancer just pushes her back. A skink falls over trying to get in front of the wardancer.

P8: The wardancer runs in the score.

U8: The lineup leads to no injuries, sadly.

Halftime Score: Unstoppable Immovables 1 - 1 Players are Overrated

U9: The kick goes out of bounds. The skink runs among three saurii who are free after the front line of elves is knocked down (with one knockout).

P9: A saurus gets knocked down. The skink is pushed back by the wardancer, who strips the ball, then picks it up. Sadly, this leaves the wardancer on the sideline. So the wardancer makes three dodges to get free.

U10: The wardancer goes down to blitz, with a skink taking the ball downfield with a second skink and a saurus as support. The krox gets beside the wardancer, just in case his tail helps.

P10: The wardancer still manages to get up, dodge away, and knock over the ball carrier, but fails to get the ball.

U11: After some blocks, a skink picks up the ball and runs in the score.

P11: Kanil makes his fifth consecutive KO roll, getting 9 elves back on the pitch. Rocks knock over an elf and stun a Saurus. The lineman dodge away from the front line. A lineman picks up the deep kick. The wardancer runs over the midfield line.

U12: A skink, with two buddies, knocks over the deepest elf. But he falls over as part of the deal.

P12: Two elves manage to knock out a saurus via foul.

U13: A saurus gets beside the ball carrier. Two skinks get beside the wardancer. Several big guys get deep, including the krox.

P13: The saurus on the ball carrier goes down. The ball carrier runs to the wardancer.

U14: The korx gets beside the wardancer. A saurus falls over trying to clear a path to the ball carrier.

P14: The wardancer opens a path for the ball carrier, who falls over trying to run fast, stunning himself.

U15: A skink picks up the ball, but falls over trying to run fast.

P15: The wardancer stands up, dodges away from the Krox, and picks up the ball. A wood elf falls over trying to dodge away from a Saurus.

U16: The blitzing saurus only manages to push the wardancer back. As many lizards get in front of the wardancer as possible.

P16: The wardancer runs in the score.

Final Score: Unstoppable Immovables 2 - 2 Players are Overrated

Thoughts: Another hard fought contest between Kanil and myself. I take some solace in the knowledge that I will have some experienced players next time we face off.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 31, 2013, 10:35:05 pm »

I didn't looooooose! My entire season is now validated.

Extremely lucky game on my part, I didn't fail a single KO roll all game, which definitely saved me from a lot of issues. I also didn't fail any major plays, and some of them were pretty ill-advised.

'course, ndkid's chosen to start with his krox and only two rerolls, so his first couple of games were going to be difficult. I suspect he'll fare a lot better in the rematch later in the season.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 01, 2013, 02:56:04 pm »

Yeah, the early cheap rerolls versus the power early is always a tough call. But I figured, if I'm going to play lizardmen, I want the full experience from the first block, right? Even if it means no block anywhere...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 02, 2013, 01:33:06 am »

Some problems popped up for our games (namely there was a storm that knocked out my ISP for a day or so). I'm going to try to get together and get the game done on Monday, but if it falls through feel free to go ahead and mark the game a tie between the two of us; it's not worth holding up the whole tournament for this (and we'll get a rematch later in the season anyways).

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 2 - TT S1, W1
« Reply #1119 on: September 03, 2013, 05:16:40 am »

Some problems popped up for our games (namely there was a storm that knocked out my ISP for a day or so). I'm going to try to get together and get the game done on Monday, but if it falls through feel free to go ahead and mark the game a tie between the two of us; it's not worth holding up the whole tournament for this (and we'll get a rematch later in the season anyways).

Alright, game set to a 1-1 draw. It's unfortunate that technical difficulties prevented you from playing, but thank you for trying.

Week advanced.

Matchups for Week 2:
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers vs ank - w00t w00t
A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs Kanil - Skitterscamps

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 04, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »

Other Kittens 2 - 0 Skitterscamps

Since we haven't really been using the BB manager to really track the league points anyways, I submitted the game to the same league as last season as day 21; I figure we can use it as a dump to see team progression and best players of all time.

For a note on the luck of the game it seems that we were about even, with the exception that Kanil was actually a fair bit luckier in the block dice.

Anyways I'll post a more in-depth summary of the game later if Kanil doesn't, I've got class right now :P.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 04, 2013, 04:49:36 pm »

For a note on the luck of the game it seems that we were about even, with the exception that Kanil was actually a fair bit luckier in the block dice.

I'm not so sure about that. The only rolls you failed were RS rolls on your Beast, and pick-up rolls. Of those pick-up rolls, you still made more (both numerically, and as a percentage) than I did. There was also that rather fraudulent crowd throw-in.

I did a decent job of injuring your players, but they rather immediately got back up again. Only managed to put down a rotter for longer (for good!) than until the next drive.

Anyway, monk rather regularly loses his first couple of matches and things still turn out alright for him, so... I think I'll be fine!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:51:15 pm by Kanil »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 04, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »

Anyway, monk rather regularly loses his first couple of matches
I can always keep my hopes up. :P

On the topic of luck I will admit that I did better on my D6 rolls, correspondingly though, you did much better on all of your 2D6 rolls (as well as the Block dice ones). I guess really the difference is that even though our "luck" was fairly even for what we rolled, your critical failures always seemed to happen on important things (such as that lightning bolt failure) while mine happened on less important ones.

Anyways, turn-by-turn breakdown time!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All-in-all a nice game for me, one that gave me 3 of the level-ups that I desperately need to get some more skills before facing Monk.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 04, 2013, 08:06:41 pm »

Anyway, monk rather regularly loses his first couple of matches and things still turn out alright for him, so... I think I'll be fine!

"Rather Regularly" meaning "Every season but this one," and I still only managed a draw :P

Though I'll be playing Jartol in ~15 minutes, so we'll see if I've finally shaken that curse.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 04, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »

Humans beat the Undead 3 - 0

It was One Of Those Games for Jartol; failed pickups, frequent double skulls, a bug that kept him from taking zombie Ado Drunkenstumbles off the pitch in favor of a skilled zombie (Ado died early in the first half, and apparently his love of being punched in the face repeatedly the sport transferred to his new team,) and to top it off the second TD was practically handed to me by a Pitch Invasion that dropped more than half the Undead but only hit Grant Valdred the ST 4 Blitzer on the Human side of the field. Eomund Tonkai got a pair of TDs and was generally obnoxious all game, Grant got a CAS, and the kicker got MVP (which I think levels him up, and the last thing I wanted was a gimpy kicker with that many skills.)

About the only thing that went Jartol's way was the ST potion working, which gave him a ST 4 Wight, the 2 mummies, and 2 Star Players. Naturally, the star players spent a lot of time failing GFIs and going Loner, but that's still a unsettling amount of strength to line up against your lonely Ogre and meatshield linemen. The Ogre did pretty good today, took a beating and was only stunned once, and he KOd a Mummy in garbage time.

But yeah, better luck next time, Jartol!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 149