Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256272 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 2 - TT S1, W1
« Reply #1125 on: September 05, 2013, 07:42:06 am »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs. w00t w00t

3M picks up a wizard, a HMC, gives a blitzer an extra AGL, and gives w00t w00t some bad habits. They also win the coin toss and elect to kickoff.

w1: The HMC eats two rerolls, and the kickoff gives 3M another, making the rerolls for the first half 8 to 2. Then he makes his block, his pickup, his pass, and two dodges for the score.

M1: The kick lands near midfield. 3M doesn't quite finish setting up, but gets a quick snap. Two elves on the front line get stunned, and the treeman goes down. The rookie passer picks up the ball and runs it to the middle where the black orcs give some protection.

w2: A wardancer pushes the ball carrier over the midfield line toward more elves. The elven thrower falls over trying to block the ball carrier.

M2: A catcher gets knocked out. Several elves get knocked down. The rookie thrower runs forward and tosses the ball back to the temporarily-boosted blitzer, who runs it farther downfield.

w3: Two elves start the turn standing. But a wardancer is one of the two, so she leaps out of trouble, blitzes the ball carrier, and knocks him down, picking the ball up herself.

M3: A blitz against the wardancer rerolled still only nets a push, leaving her among three orcs. A black orc then double-double-downs a block, ending the turn early. To add insult, the interface for canceling the use of a wizard was sufficiently counter-intuitive (assuming you can cancel it at all) that I threw a fireball into the middle of nowhere.

w4: The wardancer dodges away from the three orcs and hands the ball to a lineman. The lineman passes to another wardancer. Another lineman knocks himself out trying to dodge.

M4: A black orc gets beside the wardancer, but only pushes her.

w5: The wardancer runs in the score.

M5: Surprisingly, two elves stay knocked out. Another quick snap moves some orcs forward. Hurler picks up the kickoff, then a black orc double-down/downs twice.

w6: A wardancer stuns herself blitzing the ball carrier.

M6: The passer moves the ball forward. An agile blitzer runs downfield.

w7: The passer gets knocked over, a roll to pick up the ball fails.

M7: Hurler fails to pick up the ball.

w8: A catcher does some leaping and dodging to pick up the ball and run it toward the end zone. The treeman kills a player, but the apoc saves him.

M8: The all-star catcher gets knocked out by a blitz.

Halftime Score: w00t w00t 2 - 0 Morg's Meat Mashers

M9: All three knocked out elves wake up. Several elves knocked down, then Upstart fails a rerolled basic dodge. Hurler runs the kickoff forward.

w9: Three elves get the ball out of Hurler's hands.

M10: A blitz sends a wardancer out of the game. The elven thrower gets knocked out.

w10: Elves surround the ball carrier and his friends.

M11: Three elves get knocked out. The orc team forms up around the passer with the ball.

w11: A lineman injures himself trying to dodge.

M12: The thrower runs the ball forward.

w12: One elf gets free and knocks out the passer with the ball. A catcher runs back, picks up the ball, and runs it back alone to midfield.

M13: A block brings down the catcher. Hurler picks up the ball and tosses it to Upstart, who runs in the score.

w14: A riot ensures elven victory. The pass-to-one-turn-catcher-touchdown finishes the job.

M15: Some blocks.

w15: Three catchers knock over the ball carrier.

M16: An attempt to dodge out of a catcher tackle zone fails with reroll.

w16: A catcher runs in a score.

Final Score: w00t w00t 4 - 1 Morg's Meat Mashers

Thoughts: *shrug* 1 injury over umpteen trillion blocks + one-turn-score-ability means there really wasn't much to be done on this one.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 05, 2013, 07:59:57 am »

E-Dawg get's the hat-trick!
w00t w00t!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:22 pm »

In other news, my rookie Dark Elves suffer an ignominious defeat at the hands of THE_SLAYA's Skaven, 3-1. Highlights included a decent chainpush scoring setup for the Meanies' only score, the Skaven making some nice blocks to get a Gutter Runner a 2d Blitz to daylight to go up 2-1 at the half, and another chainpush I was happy with myself for seeing even if the pushed Blitzer still failed his dodge into the open. Lowlights include that failed dodge (which was the last best chance to get the ball back,) Tamerlane the Runner getting KOd early in the game and staying there until the final drive, where he once again made the lowlight list by Stunning himself on a crucial block while holding the ball, one Dark Elf lineman dying, another getting -MA, and the last two turns of the game were turnovers for the Dark Elves as they threw Attacker Down/Both Down on their first blocks of the turn. The kill and the CAS went to the same Skaven lineman, too; a player to watch for sure!

No levelups for me, though at least the MVP went to a Blitzer; hopefully the mercenaries I have to hire don't steal my next MVP.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 06, 2013, 04:18:10 pm »

The Traveling Doctors 1 - 3 Light of Judgement

Game went about as expected, but I managed to rack up a bit of SPP anyways (no levelups, but 4 on an ogre, 3 on a snot, and 5 on another snot). Also a hilarious final turn touchdown by Nurse Joey that I am going to award her a medal in my team history for; involving a 5+, 4+, 3+, and 2+ with no re-rolls as well as some lucky scattering. (All of my snots are nurses and ogres are doctors). In terms of luck elves managed to have much better luck on both the D6 and block die rolls, and on the 2D6 both teams were all over the board.

Also since the bbmanager league is just being used as a rolling stats log at this point, I went ahead and submitted the match to it (once again starting on day 21)
Spoiler: Turn-by-turn (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 2 - TT S1, W2
« Reply #1129 on: September 06, 2013, 08:05:58 pm »

And with that, the TT advances.

Matchups for TT Week 2:
Kanil - Players are Overrated vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Scrabblers
monk12 - Monk's Meanies vs Charmander - Light of Judgement
ndkid - Unstoppable Immovables vs i2amroy - The Traveling Doctors

As for the main league, we're waiting on A Spoony Bard vs THE_SLAYA. Have you two been able to schedule something?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 2 - TT S1, W2
« Reply #1130 on: September 08, 2013, 01:50:29 pm »

I have played my game against THE_SLAYA, in which I was annihilated. By the end, I only had 3 players that could actually play.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 3 - TT S1, W2
« Reply #1131 on: September 08, 2013, 03:07:53 pm »

Sounds really rough. Khemri are super hard to deal with if they get a numbers advantage.

That's the last game, so we're onto week 3. Matchups:
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs ank - w00t w00t

Thank you to everyone for playing your games.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 10, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

Rookie League: Unstoppable Immovables vs. The Traveling Doctors

The docs win the coin toss and elect to receive.

D1: Lots of ogre blocks leave only a single Saurus down. A snotling tries to pick up a ball, but fails, sending the ball into the hands of a neighboring snotling.

U1: A couple of skinks start to penetrate. Three ogres get knocked down.

D2: Two orgres are bone headed on the ground. A third is bone-headed standing up. Three snotlings gang up on a skink, but only manage to push.

U2: A saurus blitzes a snotling, and manages three dice that will knock him down, and two dice that will knock him down on the reroll. He elects not to fall down, and takes the push. A skink takes out the first snotling. A line of lizards forms around the snotling "cage".

D3: A saurus back at midfield gets knocked down. The snotling "cage" moves sideways.

U3: A blitzing saurus pushes a snotling, and the lizardmen surround the "cage" again.

D4: An ogre knocks out a saurus. Another one boneheads. The snotling with the ball moves a bit forward. An ogre falls over knocking down a Saurus.

U4: A skink takes out another snotling. Two more snotlings go down.

D5: A double down block on a skink rerolled gives another bad double down result, stunning a skink.

U5: The ball carrier gets surrounded. A skink knocks him down, then tries to pick up the ball, which bounces into the hands of the one snotling left standing.

D6: The snotling dodges away, and tries a pass, which goes into the stands. They send the ball straight back out to the middle of the Doc side of the field.

U6: A saurus knocks out the snotling beside the ball. A skink fails to pick up the ball.

D7: Two ogres bonehead again. A snotling and ogre get beside the ball. Another snotling tries a block on a skink, knocking himself over and injuring himself.

U7: A skink injures another snotling. A skink manages to pick up the loose ball.

D8: An ogre boneheads again. In case you haven't been keeping track, this is a stupid rate of boneheadedness. Another ogre tries to throw a snotling, but he just falls back down in place. A snotling blitzes the skink with the ball, and falls over in the process.

U8: The skink runs in the score.

Halftime Score: Unstoppable Immovables 1 - 0 The Traveling Doctors

U9: Four ogres and two snotlings start the half for the Docs (since four are injured and one snotling decides to stay knocked out... I think we all know the truth, there). The kickoff is a touchback, saving the skinks the trouble of having to pick up the ball. The deep skink hands the ball to a front line skink, who runs it forward and fails the roll on his second GFI, falling over near the goal line.

D9: More back blocking rolls sends an ogre down as part of knocking over the Krox.

U10: Another skink runs deep. Blocks along the front line knock out a snotling.

D10: The last snotling on the pitch injures himself dodging.

U11: A skink fails to pick up the ball.

D11: A down ogre boneheads. An up ogre boneheads. A third ogre stuns a saurus.

U12: A saurus knocks himself over knocking over an ogre.

D12: An ogre boneheads on the ground. The krox gets his hand smashed.

U13: The skinks continue to fail to be able to pick up a ball.

D13: A skink gets injured.

U14: A skink manages to pick up the ball and score.

D14: One snotling bravely wakes up, bringing the head count to five. With two injured and one knocked out, the Lizardmen have eight. As one might expect, at this stage, an ogre boneheads. Another one falls over trying to make a block.

U15: A skink fails to pick up the ball.

D15: An ogre boneheads. The snotling manages to pick up the ball.

U16: A couple of blocks.

D16: The snotling knocks himself out dodging.

Final Score: Unstoppable Immovables 2 - 0 The Traveling Doctors

Thoughts: I can't really take any credit for this match... all praise goes to Nuffle. With four ogres, you should get zero boneheads 48% of the time... i2amroy had to deal with a rate way, way higher than this. Plus crap blocks for most of the game.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 10, 2013, 07:58:46 pm »

Unluckiest... game... EVER! :P

To start with I would like to introduce you to Mr. Block dice chart. He was the worst today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Next up is the D6 chart. Notice the large number of 1's (I only rolled 4 less ones then ndkid rolled total D6's). 5 managed to clear the bar, but just by a hair.
Lastly is the 2D6. This one wasn't as bad, but I would like to note the inordinate amount of 3's, as well as the total lack of 11's and 12's (I don't think I've ever even seen one of these charts at zero before).

Small note, but the turn 16 snotling fell due to an incredibly unlucky attempted throw, not a dodge.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:00:20 pm by i2amroy »
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 10, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »

Aw yeah, I remain ahead of the ogres in our surely epic battle to finish not-last for at least another week!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:19 pm »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs. My Mummie's Mummies
(Therefore, O for Orc and K for Khermi, in this one.)
The Khermi have 650k to play with, which they use on a star mummy, a wizard, and a reroll. The Orcs win the coin toss and elect to kick.

K1: The orcs get a blitz. A lineman goes running deep into Khermi territory, fails his first GFI, fails reroll, fails armor roll, and hurts himself, ending the blitz. A black orc gets stunned. Another gets knocked down. A blitzer on the edge gets knocked out. Then a thro-ra falls over trying to blitz, leaving the ball unloved in the corner of the pitch.

O1: A dauntless frenzying orc fails his dauntless, but knocks over the mummy on the second try anyhow. A blitzer heads toward the deep thro-ra.

K2: Two black orcs and the deep blitzer get knocked down; the thro-ra fails to pick up the ball.

O2: Two mummies and a skeleton go down. The deep blitzer stands up, dodges, but falls over on the GFI.

K3: A lineman is pushed off the pitch to no ill effect. A black orc is KOed. The thro-ra picks up the ball and runs it forward.

O3: A blitz knocks the thro-ra over. A skeleton and the star mummy go down as well. The dauntless frenzied orc fails to be dauntless again, and goes down as a result.

K4: A blitzer and lineman get knocked over. The thro-ra stands and picks back up the ball.

O4: Orc stand up.

K5: Two black orcs get stunned. An orc gets knocked down.

O5: An orc runs back for deep defense.

K6: Six orcs down, one orc standing.

O6: The standing orc gets beside the thro-ra. The rest mostly stand up.

K7: The standing orc gets knocked back down. The thro-ra runs beside the goal line.

O7: The orcs stay down.

K8: The thro-ra runs the ball in.

O8: One orc wakes up, meaning only ten orcs on the pitch. A mummy gets knocked out, which isn't a bad result, all things considered.

Halftime Score: My Mummie's Mummies 1 - 0 Morg's Meat Mashers

O9: The mummy wakes up, and so does an orc, meaning the sides both have eleven. The orcs go strong side left. The dauntless orc stuns a mummy. The rookie passer picks up the ball and runs it forward. Other mummies go down.

K9: A mummy gets beside the ball carrier. A black orc gets knocked over.

O10: The goblin runs deep, and the rookie thrower gets him the ball. The dauntless orc knocks over the star mummy, and gets taken down as part of the deal.

K10: Four orcs knocked down, and the goblin taken out by the wizard. (Sorry for the lack of detail, I was making dinner when it wasn't my turn this game.)

O11: A skeleton gets knocked out. Hurler runs down and picks up the ball.

K11: Orcs get lucky, and only a bunch of pushes. A throw-ra stuns himself throwing a 1-die block.

O12: With blitzer help, Hurler gets the ball farther downfield. A few undead go down.

K12: A blitz-ra stuns Hurler. A black orc gets his skull fractured.

O13: The blitz-ra by the ball gets stunned. Several orcs move downfield toward the ball.

K13: Several orcs get knocked down.

O14: The rookie thrower picks up the ball and tosses it to Hurler in the end zone.

K14: The knocked out thro-ra and skeleton stay out, making it nine orcs versus ten undead. The undead line up in "we don't need to win, we need to bash" formation. But the second block ends in a double-double skull.

O15: Two mummies go down, and a third gets an actual injury that he fails to regenerate from. Hurler runs downfield and picks up the ball with a blitzer beside him.

K15: Hurler gets knocked down, sending the ball into the blitzer's hands.

O16: The blitzer dodges away and sprints into the end zone.

K16: Three black orcs go up front to face the music.

Final Score: Morg's Meat Mashers 2 - 1 My Mummie's Mummies

Thoughts: I fully expected this one to end in the 1-1 tie. THE_SLAYA (reasonably) decided to not trust his thro-ras to actually pick up the ball, so he started with the blocks, and hit the dreaded double-double skull early. He hadn't protected the flanks, the kick had drifted toward Hurler to start with... a blitzer getting the dodge to get beside Hurler, then the ball bouncing into his hands... it was really the double double skull plus the scatter that got me that win, and very little else.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 10, 2013, 09:18:45 pm »

And, due to the fun of BB scheduling, I have to try and fend off Khermi a SECOND WEEK IN A ROW next week. In the words of a mummy... *uuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhh*

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:24 pm »

Unluckiest... game... EVER! :P

To start with I would like to introduce you to Mr. Block dice chart. He was the worst today.
I'm impressed by how average my blocking was that game. I think most of the bad results must have been paired with good results, because I don't feel like I was getting that many pushes (well, except of snotlings, but that's different).

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 10, 2013, 09:39:59 pm »

The Other Kittens 1 - 1 Monk's Marauders

Game landed in the Kittens favor until Monk managed to score a turn 15 TD. Lots of injuries, which gave me some nice level up's for next weeks retry (Though Borak kept getting the casualties :P)

In terms of luck I'd say we were about equal on that game. I was luckier then Monk was on both the D6 and slightly on the 2D6, but he came out on top in the block dice. The graphs were actually remarkably level overall (and were still much better then my last game :P).

Turn-By-Turn
All-in-all I think I came out on top in this match, earning a nice bunch of SPP and getting a few miss-next-game injuries (which should help me next week :P). Also this is the first time I've had a star-player actually turn out to be worth the gold, with Lord Borak accomplishing much (despite him taking 4 SPP with him). No permanent injuries, except for one block-rotter who picked up a niggling back (though I did have some close calls).

Edit: Woot! Two doubles, giving me another pestigor with dodge and making my BoN now have both of his doubles skills in Pro and Block (I'll have to be fairly active with him now :D).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:57:47 pm by i2amroy »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 12, 2013, 09:47:42 am »

In retrospect, really should have tried the GFI to score on M4. I didn't at the time because I'd already exhausted my RR for the turn, but it would have saved Tonkai KOing himself later, which had a huge effect on the flow of the game. I already hired another Lineman for the next game, since 2 Linemen are MNG as well as Grant Valdred the ST4 Blitzer. And now that damn BoN has Block, too...

In rookie league news, Monk's Meanies vs Light of Judgement ends in a 2-2 draw. The game saw plenty of SPP, unreliable mercenaries, elfball shenanigans, and white uniforms. Unfortunately for the Meanies, a mercenary caught MVP instead of any other player. On the plus side, one of the Blitzers leveled up, and I can afford an Apothecary! Hopefully THE_SLAYA doesn't kill any more of my d00ds in our rematch next week.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 149