Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256244 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 6 - TT S1, W5
« Reply #1170 on: October 04, 2013, 10:11:35 pm »

Is there any way for me to just quit the training league and rejoin it with a new team? It would still be ogres, but at this point a new team would actually be more developed than my current one, and maybe that would shake the reign of bad luck that's been following this team.

To note I threw 4 successful blocks that entire game. Despite throwing some ~10 three die ones and several two die ones. I also once again maintained an average bonehead rate that was well over double what should be happening.

Really I've reached the point where I'm taking every huge risk I can because taking bigger risks means I have to take less of them, and when I'm so unlucky that I'm critically failing every third roll it's better to try to reduce the number of risks then it is to attempt to increase their success rates.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 04, 2013, 11:54:32 pm »

Sure, go nuts.

I'd say replacing teams is generally alright, although perhaps some rules to prevent abuse might be in order (TV 1000, possibly same race as previous team? Maybe limit once per season? I dunno. Simply asking players to not abuse it might even suffice?) but if you want to have a new batch of ogres, go for it.

Remove existing team, apply new one. Possibly post and/or send PM to get a faster acceptance (although either way, you wouldn't miss a match.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: October 05, 2013, 12:07:16 pm »

I see how it is, getting rid of your bad luck team before you face me, xp

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 05, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »

Elves won a surprising victory against Nurgle.
2-1

First half was spent with Edawg scoring the first turn, then a slow grind to the elven end zone.
The elves did mannage to knock the carrier down, but the ball flew into a warriors hands.
Elves were flying left and right, and fouls aplenty on Edawg.

Second half was an even slower grind, but twice the damn elves mannaged to knock the carrier down, but on the first it again just bounced into the hands of a nurgle player.
But on the sencond try the ball bounced out of the cage, and a rookie lineman grabbed the ball and ran with it. A beastman pursued but ended up quadruple skulling on him.

Also, fucking tentacles...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 05, 2013, 03:25:17 pm »

Game was very close, with w00t w00t managing to steal the ball 5 or so squares from me scoring on turn 14, and then managed to survive two double blocks, the final one due to me rolling quadruple skulls. If one thing had of gone different then this game could have very easily ended in me winning 2-1, or at least a 1-1 tie. I greatly look forwards to our next game, since tentacles played a very large part in this one and the next skill on both of my +STR NW's lists is more tentacles. :D Also that dang catcher's skull must be made of steel, I threw like 8 fouls on him and didn't manage to do anything more then stun him.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 06, 2013, 03:01:00 am »

Well, you did get a KO and a badly hurt on him, but all his vital organs seems intact

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 06, 2013, 02:17:45 pm »

Well, you did get a KO and a badly hurt on him, but all his vital organs seems intact
Neither of which was from the fouls. :P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 06, 2013, 08:37:45 pm »

Game was very close, with w00t w00t managing to steal the ball 5 or so squares from me scoring on turn 14, and then managed to survive two double blocks, the final one due to me rolling quadruple skulls. If one thing had of gone different then this game could have very easily ended in me winning 2-1, or at least a 1-1 tie. I greatly look forwards to our next game, since tentacles played a very large part in this one and the next skill on both of my +STR NW's lists is more tentacles. :D Also that dang catcher's skull must be made of steel, I threw like 8 fouls on him and didn't manage to do anything more then stun him.

"A big slow warrior like that against such dodgy foes, you may ask yourself, how does he keep near them to throw a block?
That, I can tell you in one word:
TENTACLES!"

Monk v Charmander training league match scheduled for wednesday btw

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 7 - TT S1, W5
« Reply #1178 on: October 07, 2013, 07:02:07 pm »

Scheduling difficulties have prevented A Spoony Bard and Jartol from playing their match. As such, it was set to a 1-1 draw and the week advanced.

Matchups for Week 7:
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
ank - w00t w00t vs A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 08, 2013, 09:55:51 pm »

Monk's Marauders 0 - 1 Skitterscamps

Game probably should have ended 2-0 in favor of Skitterscamps, as they failed a pickup in my endzone that kept me alive. The throw-in was generally Marauder-favorable, but the thrower who picked up the ball was not nearly capable of outrunning the Underworld Skaven, and was tracked down short of the goal-line. My luck in the first half was rubbish, and it wasn't helped by some mildly poor positioning and some certainly poor order of operations on my part. The dice were a bit better in the second half, but similar coaching errors burned through my rerolls far too quickly (and I started each half with 5, so there you go.)

The only serious injury was to an already battered lineman, so he's cut, and while a couple other players suffered MNGs (notably the AG4 NoS Catcher,) Eomund Tonkai survived the match unscathed despite taking several hits and fouls and a double skull on an unnecessary block, and won MVP despite a fumbled pass that would have reversed my second-half fortunes and prevented the Skaven's attempted pickup. I forgive him the TRRs he burned on dodges though, since any play that asks a player to dodge three times is a play that demands a reroll from the start. The failed GFI on the second try was rough though...

Well, as stated, no long-term damage done, so hopefully I can learn from that and be ready for the eventual rematch.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 08, 2013, 10:29:22 pm »

My Mummie's Mummies 0 - 3 The Other Kittens
Game lay pretty much in the nurgles hands for pretty much the whole game. Prior to the game I rolled another stat increase on one of my rotters (giving me one with 4 STR and block and the other with 5 AGI). My BoN did take the first permanent casualty for one of my heavy hitters, losing one armor value :(, and my level 4 pestigor gave me quite a fright when he rolled two attacker downs (single die with reroll) and managed to kill himself before regenerating. The 3 TD's did give me some nice SPP, the final one coming on the last turn involving a 5+, 4+, 3+, and 2+ dodge, a 3+ pick-up roll, a 2+ throw roll (which used my last re-roll), a 4+ catch roll, and 3 go-for-its (not all in that exact order).

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 08, 2013, 11:15:15 pm »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs. Naturan Demanto

Naturan Demanto procure a wizard; 3M procures Bad Habits. 3M wins the coin toss and elects to kick. A blitz on the kickoff sucks up a reroll *and* knocks down one of the orc throwers.

U1: A ghoul fails to pick up the ball.

O1: Two mummies gets knocked out.

U2: This time, the ghoul picks up the ball, but fails handing it off to the other ghoul.

O2: The wizard's fireball does nothing. A skeleton gets stunned. A thrower picks up the ball and begins moving it forward, with a downfield catcher in his sights.

U3: A blitzing ghoul knocks over the ball carrier.

O3: The nervy thrower picks up the ball and tosses it to the catcher, who heads near the end zone with it.

U4: A ghoul is knocked over trying to dodge.

O4: After some blocks, the ball carrier runs in the touchdown.

U5: Both mummies wake up. A quick snap gets the Undead moving faster than usual. One of the wing linemen gets stunned.

O5: Double knockdown on a black orc ends things quickly.

U6: A lineman gets knocked out. The ghoul with the ball fumbles his pass.

O6: The AG4 lineman fails his dodge.

U7: The ghoul picks up the ball and fails a handoff.

O7: A wight gets knocked out. A couple of throwers get beside the ghoul beside the ball.

U8: A wight injures a passer, but the apoc cleans up the problem. The ghoul finally gets his hands on the ball long enough to score.

O8: The knocked out wight stays down.

Halftime Score: Morg's Meat Mashers 1 - 1 Naturan Demanto

O9: A perfect defense foils some of 3M's setup. The troll manages to injure a mummy, who regenerates.  The good passer picks up the ball and passes it to the bad passer, who muffs the catch.

U9: Three ghouls get beside the ball.

O10: The nervy thrower picks up the ball, dodges away, and makes the throw to the AG4 lineman, who runs it forward. A mummy gets knocked out.

U10: A ghoul falls over while moving forward to blitz.

O11: The ball continues forward.

U11: A ghoul gets beside the ball carrier.

O12: The ball carrier runs in the score.

U12: One mummy stays down. A quick snap moves the deep ghoul forward a bit. He then moves to the midline with the ball.

O13: A double-double down ends the turn early.

U13: The ball moves forward.

O14: A bad play ends the turn early.

U14: A mummy double-double downs, ending the turn early.

O15: A double GFI gets a blitzer to the ghoul, who he knocks down. The AG4 thrower manages to pick up the ball in traffic and dodge away.

U15: a skeleton knocks himself down going for the ball.

O16: The thrower gets the ball to a deep lineman, who runs it into the opposing side of the pitch.

U16: Some pushes.

Final Score: Morg's Meat Mashers 2 - 1 Naturan Demanto

Thoughts: I didn't deserve this win at all. Mummies were getting torn up like paper. Ghouls were showing hand skills more akin to a black orc. I've had my fair share of games like this from the other side, and they're hardly fun, so I commend Jartol for staying stoic throughout.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 8 - TT S1, W5
« Reply #1182 on: October 08, 2013, 11:19:07 pm »

Four matches in one day is probably some sort of record. Thank you everyone.

Matchups for Week 8
A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
ank - w00t w00t vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies

This'll end some time next Tuesday.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 8 - TT S1, W5
« Reply #1183 on: October 09, 2013, 02:52:47 am »

I didn't even have time to post our result, so fast was this week!

Elves beat the rats 5-1 with some truly spectacular elven bullshit.

Highlight of the game was Thandrin getting knocked down by a rat ogre, with the ball close to the endzone.
He used jump up, then leapt over the rat picking up the ball and scoring.

Lowlights was that damn rat ogre that managed to knock himself out on a lineman 3 times in the game.

It seems rats have a very hard time playing the speed game against wood elves, I'd recommend more face-punching!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 8 - TT S1, W6
« Reply #1184 on: October 09, 2013, 10:07:03 pm »

Due to scheduling difficulties, Monk has requested a WO loss against Charmander in the TT, allowing the tournament to advance.

Matchups for TT week 6:
i2amroy - The Traveling Doctors vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Scrabblers
Charmander - Light of Judgement vs ndkid - Unstoppable Immovables
Kanil - Players are Overrated vs monk12 - Monk's Meanies
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 149