Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256229 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 8 - TT S3, W6
« Reply #1620 on: October 31, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »

Since I haven't heard anything from anyone about the unplayed match, it has been set as a tie and the week advances for the Main league!

Week Ten Matchups are:
Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk vs Luke_Prowler - Ripsaw's Raiders
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs Raddish - Knives in the Darkness
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs lijacote - Struggling People
Kanil -  Shimmering Dragons vs monk12 - Monk's Morons

I'll be advancing the week next friday night, as always, let me know if you have any scheduling issues.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 02, 2014, 12:07:16 am »

Scaly and Lazy Vs Slaya's Sauteyas just happened, ending in a 2-1 victory for Scaly and Lazy.

End total: Four dead halflings, and a treeman who is going to miss his next game (You're welcome lijacote) because of a fractured leg. No lasting injuries on the lizardmen side (first game with the new doctor and he's already saved a skink from losing a armor!). The first drive was a massacre more or less. I started with the ball and the treemen rooted in turn one and two, and then I punched and fouled halflings until eventually a few of the survivors managed to force me to get a touch down, but only with two turns left on the clock anyway. The second drive of the first half was too short for much to happen. Except for the treemen rooting once again of course. In the first drive of the second half the halflings managed to get the ball and put up their defensive line. We spent a few turns punching each other as he moved himself in range of a one turn touch down, I felt like I was getting the upper hand to be honest, but then halfway though the second half he managed to get the one turn touch down on me, and I didn't even see it happen because I was watching over in the far left field, which is too bad, because I actually thought for that turn he wasn't in a position to get that, I wish there were replays or something so I could see what happened, because clearly I don't understand the mechanics of this game very well. But anyway, we went into the game with five turns (for me, four for him) left on the clock. He made a great kick off, the ball landing in my own goal zone, but I am after all the lizardmen, and if they suck at everything else the skinks can run, within a turn I had the ball almost back up to the mid point, and I slipped my skinks though a side that he wasn't able to cover with his rapidly dwindling stocks of halfling. (Also worth noting that as this went on his treemen were busy rooting.) That said, I wasn't so hot on the defense ether, and a few halflings ran around my saurus and blitzed my skink, the skink went down and the halflings grabbed the ball. The halfling with the ball tried to pass the ball to a halfling standing right next to him. And he managed to throw the ball over his shoulder and out of the pitch. Where the fans threw it back in right on into his goal zone. My saurus caught up and started playing with the halflings as the skinks ran for the ball. His halflings all converged on the ball as well (one of them coming in on mail by air via a treeman) and it was a bit of a scrum. In the end though his halflings got knocked out by the saurus and the skinks got the ball and a goal. He had one turn left to get a OTTD to win a tie, but TWO roots in his single turn ended up making it impossible. The halflings ran back out of blitz range and the saurus pounded on the trees, fracturing the leg of one of them and ending the game with the long awaited "Timber!"

Best part of the match for me was probably when a halfling died by being thrown, but the throwing animation didn't play for me, so all I saw was the treeman walk over to the halfling, reach down, and crush his head, killing him instantly. Although my level three saurus actually somehow managing to get a dodge away from a treeman is a close second.

Despite his biggest contribution to the match being spending like three turns pushing a single halfling out of the pitch where he was totally unharmed by the fans my Kroxigor pulled down MVP and a level up. So I'll have to figure out what I want him to get next. Also one of my scrub saurus got a level up, joining the lofty ranks of saurus with block.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: November 02, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »

I'm posting here to give my resignation. I am dropping out. This game has been terrible to me since the start, and I am sick and tired of terrible rolls followed by terrible rolls. I understand that the game is about risk management and Nuffle and all that, but I am only continuing to lag behind and I choose the only real option that I have rather than continue to rage ineffectively at a computer screen for however longer this lasts.

I'm out

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: November 02, 2014, 09:17:57 pm »

@Criptfeind   There IS a replay system, it's just really really really bad. I think you have to go under the singleplayer menu to find it, and then load game or something. Then be really careful not to overshoot the bit you want to see because AFAIK there is no way to rewind.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: November 03, 2014, 12:02:15 am »

I'm posting here to give my resignation. I am dropping out. This game has been terrible to me since the start, and I am sick and tired of terrible rolls followed by terrible rolls. I understand that the game is about risk management and Nuffle and all that, but I am only continuing to lag behind and I choose the only real option that I have rather than continue to rage ineffectively at a computer screen for however longer this lasts.

I'm out
Sorry to hear that. If you ever feel like coming back I'd suggest starting teams in the training league in the future, that should ensure that your team has a bit of a better chance and doesn't end up going up against the crazy-built stomper teams right off the bat.

We'll always be happy to welcome you back should you ever decide to play again. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 10 - TT S3, W7
« Reply #1625 on: November 04, 2014, 04:46:06 pm »

You'll be surprised to hear that I'm actually still here! I've even played a game, too! monk and I met up, ending 4-0 in favor of the elves -- no bad dice for me, bad luck for monk denying him two touchdowns, and the ogre factor resulted in such a lopsided game.

The OP should be updated, in particular the player lists should reflect DST changes and again be correct.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 04, 2014, 05:05:55 pm »

I've logged enough time in this of late that I'm ready to sign-up on the waiting list for next season.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 04, 2014, 05:22:25 pm »

I believe you could replace Luke_Prowler, if you want to play 4 games now.

They'll be tough games, but you could get a few skills/money before next season... and if all your guys die, you can just make a new team for the new season anyway.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: November 04, 2014, 05:25:34 pm »

The match might have been 3-1 if Bohr hadn't failed a GFI late in the first half. Oh well, them's the dice. Bohr did have a pretty good day other than that, laying out some hits, hurting a blitzer (he got better though) and catching MVP to become the most skilled Moron on the team.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 04, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »

I think at the current rate, if there are not playoffs, the training tournament will be done by the start of December. I don't know how long it normally takes a for a new season to start, but I would guess it's normally not very long? By the way, are there playoffs in the training tournament? Or does it finish once everyone has played against everyone else twice?

Also: Thanks for the info on replays monk, it was really helpful!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:25 pm »

I think at the current rate, if there are not playoffs, the training tournament will be done by the start of December. I don't know how long it normally takes a for a new season to start, but I would guess it's normally not very long? By the way, are there playoffs in the training tournament? Or does it finish once everyone has played against everyone else twice?

Also: Thanks for the info on replays monk, it was really helpful!

The training tournament does indeed have playoffs, top four teams same as the main league. Interesting playoff scenarios brewing in both leagues; Kanil is running away with the #1 seed in the main league, but nobody is really out of it (though Delta does have an uphill battle against the defending champion Khemri and the #1 seeded elves in the last 4 weeks.) In TT my Skaven have a comfortable hold of the #1 seed, but if your lizards beat me next week it'll be just a 3 point difference with two games to play. It's gonna be a real dogfight for the last playoff spot in TT too, lijacote in particular controls his fate with games against Raddish (currently in the #4 slot) and Slaya (tied with lij at the bottom) between this week and next.

And your welcome on the replays! I hate losing and not knowing why I lost, so it's really key in my book to take a good look at replays to see what exactly went down and what could have been done better. I just wish Cyanide had a better replay system like Fumbbl has.

I've logged enough time in this of late that I'm ready to sign-up on the waiting list for next season.
I believe you could replace Luke_Prowler, if you want to play 4 games now.

They'll be tough games, but you could get a few skills/money before next season... and if all your guys die, you can just make a new team for the new season anyway.

Those last 4 games would be vs Dark Elves, vs Khemri, vs Ogres, and vs Khorne. Tough, potentially bloody games for sure, but I generally believe that playing is better than not playing (partially for team development, mostly for sharpening your own skills and learning about your opponents, and entirely for fun) and as Kanil says if your team gets trashed you can always roll a new one for the next season or the next Training League.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 07, 2014, 11:36:33 am »

Okay, why the hell not. How does the actual team-build and gameplay occur? Do I just grab one of my pre-existing single-player teams?

Are the games played via Direct IP?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 07, 2014, 12:55:38 pm »

Okay, why the hell not. How does the actual team-build and gameplay occur? Do I just grab one of my pre-existing single-player teams?

Open up the multiplayer menu, create a username+password, and make a new team. Then find the league you want to apply for and make an application. (Password for both of ours is "Bay12" IIRC). The only teams that are allowed are new ones in the training league, and ones that have only ever played in either of our tournaments for the normal one.

As for exactly what protocol it uses, I'm not sure, so I can't enlighten you there.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 07, 2014, 12:58:58 pm »

The games are scheduled and played via Cyanide's server. You do have to create a fresh team for the league.

Go to Multiplayer, then Internet Leagues, then Log In (you may need to create an account first.) That'll bring you to your overview page, and from there you can select the Create Team button towards the bottom of the screen. Create a team as usual, I recommend checking out the advice on bbtactics.

Once you've got a team you'd like to try out, head to the League tab at the top of the screen, then click League Finder (just above the highlighted Information button, top leftish-middle of the screen.) You can search by both league name and manager; if you search THE_SLAYA by manager you'll get hits for both the Training League and the Main League. Select the league you want to apply for, select the team you want to apply from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen, and apply.

The Training League is for rookie teams to get started on a level playing field so there aren't any gross TV mismatches; that way they get some games and development under their belt before taking on more experienced teams in the main league. It does have playoffs and a champion, though obviously teams can't repeat as champion since only rookie teams can apply for the next season. If you decide you liked that team and want to play with them in the more competitive league, you can then apply them to the Main League. The main league is the more perpetual environment where you can play whatever team you like for as many seasons as you care to play them. There currently aren't any openings in the Training League so you'll have to wait until the next season to apply a team there; there is an open slot to replace the dropout player in the Main League for the last four games of the season if you'd like to play right away.

As I said, having four relatively meaningless games to play gives you the opportunity to have some fun, maybe try something new, and not worry about the consequences since you can always create a new team for the Training League or the Main League or both next season, which is what you'd be doing anyway if you were to just wait.

You play matches by clicking the Play tab at the top of the screen, then selecting the team you want to play and hitting Play Match, unintuitively located in the middle right of the screen. The other coach accepts the game invite, you play your match, players get SPP, you win or you lose, etc etc. After that you have to wait for the league manager to validate the game (or in the case there was a disconnect or some other weirdness, you wait for the manager to clear the result and let you try again.) This will go faster if you post in the thread so we all know the game was played! Once it's validated you can manage your team from the overview screen by clicking the team and then clicking Manage Team. Teams that have pending player levelups will have a little exclamation mark next to them and you won't be able to play them until you deal with that. Cyanide will remember all the die rolls and skill choices you make automatically (no take backs!) but if you are just buying an apothecary or a player or something, remember to hit Save instead of the red X or you won't save the action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 08, 2014, 01:56:54 am »

Application submitted. Built a TV 1000 Norse team (the Khi-Keg O' Beers). Yes, you may commence groaning.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 149