Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256253 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 10 - TT S3, W7
« Reply #1635 on: November 09, 2014, 04:18:31 pm »

The Daemoning! 0 - 1 Knives in the Darkness

That last game had a very idiot pit fighter throw away my chance for a tie by deciding that he would like to successfully pick up the ball after a block on turn 16, preventing the two absolutely free people with a reroll from picking the ball up and running it the last 2 yards into the end zone. :-\

As such the last two slots of the playoffs are being very hotly contested right now, with 4 people at point totals of 13, 13, 14, and 15. And as for the new guy, I tried to give you an easy match next week by hurting raddish's players, but sadly his 3 apothecaries managed to save most of them. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: November 09, 2014, 04:23:29 pm »

In just about every way imaginable that should have been a draw.  I think you even had a chance to score the turn before if you had just taken it?  But man my Delves are refusing to take the punishment lying down again.  Well they lie down but get up again.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 09, 2014, 04:27:05 pm »

In just about every way imaginable that should have been a draw.  I think you even had a chance to score the turn before if you had just taken it?  But man my Delves are refusing to take the punishment lying down again.  Well they lie down but get up again.
Yeah, I had stalled out the turn before in hopes of getting an injury with the then me dominated bit of the field (which IIRC did actually net me 2 SPP). I didn't exactly expect you to succeed at a double-single die block with the witch elf, the ball to bounce and land on your star player, and then my hitter to actually pick up the ball after a double bounce back to his square. It was one of those crazy moments where if anything different at all, good or bad, had of happened in either of those turns I would have scored. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 10, 2014, 09:59:16 pm »

All matches have been validated so the week advances

Week Eleven matchups are:
Kanil - Shimmering Dragons vs Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs monk12 - Monk's Morons
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs lijacote - Struggling People
The new guy (don't know his name yet) vs Raddish - Knives in the Darkness

Try to get in your matches by monday morning and let me know if you've got any scheduling issues.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 12, 2014, 03:07:11 pm »

The Khi-Keg O' Beers had a relatively smooth transition into the League, holding Knives in the Darkness to a 2-2 draw.

The Knives scored very early despite the Beers receiving the opening kickoff, because of a botched block to make a running lane on the outside, which left the ball on the ground, still waiting for the Thrower to move up on it. The Dark Elves were able to exploit that turnover into a quick touchdown.

But then then Beers were able to put together a decent cage around their runner on the left side. He got stuffed into the turf by a blitzing Witch Elf, but the ball popped right into the hands of a Norse lineman, who was able to do a little loopback run, do a hand-off to the thrower Jarl Cutter, and he was able to get downfield and throw to the other runner who had come across from the right side and was waiting in the end-zone, tying it up just as the whistle sounded for halftime.

In the second half, the Knives put together a brutal running game, but their well-formed cage was blasted with a fireball from the stands, and the Beers picked up the singed ball and scored to take a 2-1 lead in the 14th turn.

A riot on the ensuing kickoff rolled the clock back 1 turn, giving the Knives time to make a surgical strike downfield and score in the 15th turn, tying it back up at 2-2. The Beers made a valiant attempt for a hail Mary play down the sidelines, but one runner failed his go for it roll, and knocked himself out, and the other runner got blitzed off the sideline on the ensuing 16th turn for the Knives.

Each side had several KO's and a couple of match injuries, but no long-term injuries for either side. Despite that, the match was rated a respectable 19/20.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 12, 2014, 04:13:42 pm »

Monk's Morons were soundly defeated by My Mummie's Mummys, not only knocking them back from their precarious playoff perch, but killing AG3 WonderOgre Niels Bohr, may he rest in piece. Two other Ogres will be MNG along with a handful of snots, but I suppose this increases the odds that one of the new Ogres will catch MVP.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 13, 2014, 06:15:57 pm »

Monk's Morons were soundly defeated by My Mummie's Mummys, not only knocking them back from their precarious playoff perch, but killing AG3 WonderOgre Niels Bohr, may he rest in piece. Two other Ogres will be MNG along with a handful of snots, but I suppose this increases the odds that one of the new Ogres will catch MVP.

While the Mummies would love to take credit for all the damage caused to the Ogres and the death of Niels Bohr, they felt it necessary to let everyone know that Bohr and one of the snotlings actually killed/hurt themselves while trying to run away like sissy little girls.  All the other injuries were their doing though ;)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 11 - TT S3, W7
« Reply #1642 on: November 14, 2014, 04:18:47 pm »

Delta Foxtrot and I played our game, ending 2-0 in favor of the elves. A somewhat unremarkable game, featuring no real injuries, or amazing feats of agility. The first half saw the elves receive, score, then clog up the field in front of the carrier. A double skull into skull/both down on the LoS ruined the necromantic response in the second half and let the elves steal another TD -- would have been a rather tight match had that not happened.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:15:14 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 11 - TT S3, W7
« Reply #1643 on: November 14, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »

All matches validated and the training league has advanced!!!

Week Eight Matchups are:
i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers vs Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy
THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas vs lijacote - Red Thought

Only three weeks left in this league until play-off time!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 11 - TT S3, W8
« Reply #1644 on: November 20, 2014, 05:40:57 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks 2 -1 Scaly and Lazy

Hell of a match all around. Pouring rain soaked the pitch the whole match, making ball control difficult for both sides. The Lizards received, but the Skaven got a blitz on a short kick, managing to secure the ball with a Gutter Runner and putting a lot of bodies around him. The Lizards rallied quickly, putting the ball back on the ground and recovering it with a skink. The Skaven pushed forward, but couldn't break through, suffering some armor breaks (including the fatal blocking of Stanley's Snake Oil the Gutter Runner, may he rest in peace) and Scaly and Lazy managed to get a cage away from the scrum and ran downfield, scoring on turn 6 to go up 1-0.

The Skaven set up for (and failed to execute) a OTTD, but fortunately there are actually 2 turns between 6 and 8, so they managed to flood the pitch with the remaining Gutter Runners anyway. The opposing Krox caused a turnover before the runners were properly marked up, and the Mountebanks made an easy pass to tie the match up at 1-1.

The Mountebanks received the ball to start the second half, and advanced it down their left flank, attempting to cover the ballcarrier and stall out the match. That plan quickly went to shambles as Sauri smothered the screen while Skinks dodged through and knocked the ballcarrier down, but they were not able to secure the ball themselves. Half a dozen turns of nailbiting scrum ensued as both teams jockeyed for position on the ball, but ultimately the Skaven surprised the Lizards by opting not to use the wrestle skill, causing a critical turnover and freeing up a Gutter Runner to snag the ball and run into the endzone... except the coach thought it would be better to stall another turn against the speedy skinks, because that turned out so well before, right? Not unexpectedly, the skinks managed to put the ballcarrier on the pitch, and the ball bounced out of the Scaly endzone and a pair of throw ins put it WAY THE HELL down the Mountebank half of the pitch. Fortunately, in the 2 turns remaining to race to the ball a skink failed a GFI, a Gutter Runner made a rainy pickup, a GFI, and a 4+ pass, another GR caught it, and then managed to scramble 2 GFIs into the endzone for the goahead score.

The Mountebanks deserved to draw that one, but half the appeal of Skaven is being able to score on crazy plays like that. Of course, the other half of playing Skaven is the attrition, and I'll be in the market for a new Gutter Runner for my next match. On the plus side, the winnings were good from that match, and a Stormvermin caught a levelup to help maintain the team's momentum.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: November 20, 2014, 05:50:35 pm »

Amazing game all around, and pretty helpful for learning a few things for me. Very glad that I wasn't just walked all over like the last time I went up against the rats.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:52:08 pm by Criptfeind »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 22, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »

We still waiting on the last match to move the main league to Week 12?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: November 22, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

All matches validated, and the main league has been advanced (its almost finals here so I've been a little behind on my checking to see if matches have been played).
With every game having serious playoff implications, it should be an exciting end to the season!
Week Twelve Matchups are:
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk
Raddish - Knives in the Darkness vs Kanil - Shimmering Dragons
lijacote - Struggling People vs monk12 - Monk's Morons
RedKing - Khi-Keg O' Beers vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies

I'm hoping to advance the league next Sunday, let me know if there are any issues scheduling.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 23, 2014, 04:39:28 pm »

I am not seeing my next match up on the main league.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 23, 2014, 09:06:39 pm »

Raddish - Knives in the Darkness vs Kanil - Shimmering Dragons

:D
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 149