Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256251 times)

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 14 - TT S3, W10
« Reply #1680 on: January 06, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »

I am not sure what I will be doing with my teams in the future.  I think the Delves have survived better than I expected.  My Orc team has been pretty hardcore though.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 14 - TT S3, W10
« Reply #1681 on: January 06, 2015, 11:11:26 pm »

P.S. I set the seeding with myself in the third seed and monk in the fourth seed based off of our tiebreaker rules, if I miscalculated let me know and I'll fix it assuming neither match has been played yet.

You have an equal number of wins, you each won one of your two games, and your combined score was 3-3. The Khemri's combined TD differential for the entire league is +3, and the Ogres is -3. So you've got it correct.

Also, seeing as how I wrote the tie break rules, and I'm no longer in charge of the league, you aren't actually required to apply them or anything. That said, Cyanide's rules don't really make sense, so having our own is probably a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:13:46 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Semifinals - TT S3, SF
« Reply #1682 on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:44 pm »

Whoo playoff time! Both of my games are scheduled to be played before Saturday, so I expect these last few games of the season should go pretty quick.

As far as next season's discussion goes, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. My current inclination is towards having a Halfling team in TT and bringing the Skaven up to the bigs for a shot at the title (previous Skaven teams in this league have wound up mostly dead, but I'm willing to watch my pixels die.) No promises though, as Vampires and Goblins are both on my "to play" list.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 07, 2015, 03:44:38 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks 5 - 0 The Slippery Slammers

Not much to say about this one, as the match was all but conceded after the death of the AG4 Amazon Blitzer late in the first half left the warrior women demoralized. Halftime score was 1-0.

The Skaven await the result of the other semifinal with interest.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 08, 2015, 02:49:46 pm »

Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs 2 vs 1 Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy

That was a pretty amazing game. In some ways the opposite of our first game. (Somehow only got a match rating of 13, clearly the fans are crazy.) It opened up a lot like the last one, I received, set up a skink cage, and waited for a opening to run though. However, I took a bit of risker and sooner opening this time, as I felt like the orcs wouldn't fall for the same trick twice. It worked out and I got the first touchdown on turn 4, a bit early, but looking good. The second drive started with bloodlust in the orcs eyes though, as on the second turn of the drive they sent two saurus to the casualty box, although the alchemist was able to get one patched up enough to be ready for the next drive. Sadly, the one that stayed down was my star level three, he also got a broken neck. However, on further examination he doesn't even appear to have a neck, so the manager says he should be fine to keep playing. Despite the orcs big power advantage on the field because of these casualities they didn't move forward fast enough, and on the last turn of the half the orcs had to push a saurus into a orc to give him the boost needed to get a touchdown, but he failed the second go for it and the half ended 0-1.

The second half was when the craziness started. I kicked the ball out to the orcs, but then got a free turn from the event. I blitzed some saurus and skinks past the orc line up into his half, and made a royal scrum of it to try to get the ball. The ball was pushed back and fourth, skinks were knocked out like flies, and (just a touch of salt) a couple of dodges that would have ended the game in my victory were failed. In the end the orcs managed to dodge a blitzer out of the scrum and send him down the field. The only one who could block him was my Krox. Surprisingly, the Krox managed to not get bonehead, and chased down the offending blitzer. Sadlly though, this blitzer had his jumps on, and managed to get away from the Krox Twice, managing to get a touchdown on the final turn of the second half... Which means it's time for OVERTIME!

I went into overtime a bit shorthanded, but fate granted me it's boon, having a pitch invasion or something like that by fans who beat up a lot of the orc team. They also plucked my skink that was next to the ball, but no matter really, since they were fast enough that I could get a second one in right away. Except that he failed to pick up the ball. Once. Twice. Three times. As the orcs casually walked down the field. Apparently at this point the skink realized that if he didn't pick up the ball he would be reduced to a fine red smear, so he dodged out of the embrace of some orcs, picked up that ball, and made a run for it, I moved my scanty team around the ball carrier, and the orcs were unable to get a blitz on it. So much of the orc team had gone to grab the ball in fact that they were unable to cover my way out, all the skink had to do was make a single dodge and he would be completely free, with the orcs to slow to ever catch up. Needless to say he failed the dodge. All wasn't lost, as I still had a few skinks and my Krox to battle over the ball against the orcs that got past my saurus line, but unfortunately, they were unable to make anything happen, and the orcs every so slowly got away from my guys, and like ten turns later or something (orcs are slow, did I mention?) they got the touchdown.

It was. A very close. And very fun. And a lot of times very frustrating. Game. A nail biter up to the very end. Very much worthy of a semifinal.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:55:08 pm by Criptfeind »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 08, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »

Struggling People 1-2 My Mummie's Mummies

This game could very easily have gone the other way, lijacote inflicted three or four key injuries early on in the game but all of them were negated with regen rolls. The Chaos scored the first TD very easily after the three injuries and four KO's left the mummies heavily outnumbered. They stalled until their turn 7 before scoring in an attempt to stop the Khemri from having a chance to score before half. However due to some incredibly lucky pick-up and throw rolls, the Khemri had a masterful long distance pass to an open skeleton receiver who ran (with a single GFI) into the end-zone to tie the game going into halftime. On the start of that drive the Khemri managed to break the Minotaur's collar bone; the Chaos tried asked their apothecary to fix it but he decided the best way to stop the minotaur from thinking about his smashed collar bone was to smash the other side of it!!

Coming out of halftime the Chaos were missing their minotaur, a CW, and a beastman. Morg n Thorg was almost out but he woke up during the halftime break. The Khemri were missing their Kickoff return thro-ra and one of their blitz ras. The ensuing drive began with the fans getting upset at seeing Morg back on the pitch and hurling a boulder at his head, leaving him stunned. The Khemri got the ball on a touchback and attempted to cage up. They failed when the thro ra tripped and dropped the ball. A scrum surrounded the ball after the thro ra picked it up again. The thro-ra went on to try to blitz his way free and give the ball to his open receiver but the beastman proved to be unmovable. The Chaos tried to knock the thro ra down to get the ball, but it turned out they didnt have to. He attempted to use dump-off and promptly handed the blitzing beastman the ball. The beastman pushed the thrower and tried to get some space between him and the enemies but tripped on a GFI leaving the ball up for grabs again! The thro ra ran over and picked it up, went to hand it off to the waiting receiver and again tripped in the dirt! A Chaos Warrior managed to recover the ball but was promptly punched by a TG allowing the thro ra to stand and get the ball again. The Chaos tried to get the ball back but were unable to knock the thro-ra down again. They pushed him a few times but ultimately the Khemri managed to get their cage up and walk the ball into the endzone on turn 15. The Chaos failed their pickup on the ensuing drive and the game ended with the above score.

GG lijacote, hopefully we'll see you again next season!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 08, 2015, 03:05:16 pm »

Matches validated and with that I bring to you all

THE TRAINING LEAGUE FINALS!!!

Monk's Mountebanks v Da Green Thwack'rs

The undefeated skaven continued their dominant run of form by demoralizing the amazon and cruising to a victory in the semi-finals. The Orcs had a tougher semi-final match but managed to prevail and come out with a full roster ready for the next game. The previous matchup between these teams was a solid 3-0 thrashing on the orcs, but anything can happen in the playoffs!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 08, 2015, 03:40:12 pm »

Well, since I'm out of the training tournament for real now, is it too early to sign up to the next one? If it's not, I'd like to sign up with a chaos team, and sign my lizardmen team up to the main league if I can do that as well.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 08, 2015, 05:04:27 pm »

Well, since I'm out of the training tournament for real now, is it too early to sign up to the next one? If it's not, I'd like to sign up with a chaos team, and sign my lizardmen team up to the main league if I can do that as well.

I've got you penciled in for both leagues next season!(:

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 08, 2015, 05:29:03 pm »

Would it be ok if I signed up for the next season of the training league?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 08, 2015, 07:11:45 pm »

Would it be ok if I signed up for the next season of the training league?

Definitely!! The more the merrier!(: just post in this thread when you decide what race you want to play with and make your team!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Finals - TT S3, Finals
« Reply #1691 on: January 09, 2015, 11:02:38 pm »

Monk's Morons 3 -1 Shimmering Dragons

How, you may ask, does an Ogre team score three TDs on an Elf squad? Well, if Cyanide played better with my dual monitor setup, or had a replay system worth a damn, I'd have shown you a screenshot of a CAS box full of elves here, but it doesn't so I won't.

The Ogre strategy in the first half was to completely ignore the elf cage and go hunting in the pouring rain, knocking down and eventually fouling the most dangerous DT Tackle Elf Blitzer off the pitch. The elves made their way down the pitch slowly, but that just let the Ogres smash the two elves tying up the Line of Scrimmage. The tide really turned when an Elf Catcher failed to receive a handoff due to the pouring rain, leaving several elves in base contact with angry Ogres who promptly sent them into the CAS box with assorted minor-yet-incapacitating injuries. The remaining elves hastened into the endzone, but were still left with only 4 players to finish the half. Those 4 were ground down even fewer on the ensuing Ogre possession, but a snot failed to catch a handoff leaving the score 0-1 in favor of the Dragons at halftime.

The Ogres received to start the second half, but while the Elves were down to 4 players (the rest being in the CAS box) the Ogres were down to 3 snots (two CAS, two KO, and one ejected for fouling.) As the Ogres made their way down the pitch, both groups of players steadily diminished, with 2 snots going down with injuries and another going off for fouling (and badly hurting) one of the few remaining elves, who were ultimately cleared from the pitch. The pouring rain didn't slow down the Ogres too much, however, and they ran in the tying score with 2 turns left in regulation.

The Elves got one player back from the KO box, which is good because they only had one player in there and not in the CAS box. That lone catcher lined up on the LoS against six angry Ogres who were upset that all their snotling friends were gone. A quick snap and an out of bounds kick got the catcher deep into Moron territory, but the Ogres were still able to line up a 3d blitz, getting the Defender Down result they needed after a reroll. The blitz only stunned the catcher, but a big meaty boot sent him back to the KO box. As the game went into overtime, the Ogres stumbled about uncontested until they managed to pick up the ball and walk it all the way back down the pitch to go ahead 2-1. When the ref came to the Shimmering Dragon KO box to see if anyone would return to the pitch for the last turn of Overtime, he found only an unconscious elf and babeless Bloodweiser stall. By rule, because the elves could not put anyone on the pitch the Ogres were awarded a TD and the game was over.

I don't think it's a stretch to call this the biggest upset of my Blood Bowl career (certainly as far as the Bay12 leagues go.) Kanil got some unfortunate dice at unfortunate times, and obviously I had great injury rolls in the first half, but hey, I'll take it! Winning games by mass CAS isn't as much fun as by mass TDs, but it seems that this is the way Ogres work. Now the big dummies get a shot at a championship, making them (somehow) just as successful as my Dark Elf team. Who'd have thunk?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 09, 2015, 11:26:34 pm »

It's not every day that you line up a single player against six ogres and yet still feel as though you still have a legitimate shot at winning the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It didn't quite work out, but that was still easily the best Blood Bowl game I've ever played. 'course I'm now left with the dilemma of whether I want to just accept having lost another playoff game with the elves...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 10, 2015, 12:34:55 pm »

Going to be an interesting match up I think.  My orc team has evolved a lot and is pretty strong now.

Still considering the future potential for it.  I have a bunch of spare money I could use, but on what...

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 10, 2015, 02:42:55 pm »

Going to be an interesting match up I think.  My orc team has evolved a lot and is pretty strong now.

Still considering the future potential for it.  I have a bunch of spare money I could use, but on what...

I would say another player or two, that rat Ogre has been on a tear lately, ripping through enemies like they were paper!

On a side note, I just realized that this will be the first time in Bloodbowl history that the same two coaches will play in consecutive finals. Hopefully the mummies will be the second team to win back-to-back championships!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:49:33 pm by THE_SLAYA »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 149