Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256334 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 1 - TT S4, W1
« Reply #1770 on: January 26, 2015, 03:26:12 pm »

Sounds like you guys had a Fun game... I just realized I'm a low-armor team going up against dwarves for my first game... oh dear...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: January 26, 2015, 03:38:58 pm »

At least I can afford some Bloodweiser Babes for next match?
Assuming your team value doesn't change from the point I'm posting this you should have exactly enough to purchase a single Bloodweiser babe for our match next week.

I hope whatever made you disconnect turns out OK Kanil. That said my treeman managed to land both one of the MVP's and one of the TD's, so he leveled up to get Grab and the 110k from the game means I managed to pick up an apothecary and am only 30k from my second wardancer, so you won't see me complaining. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 26, 2015, 03:42:21 pm »

Sounds like you guys had a Fun game... I just realized I'm a low-armor team going up against dwarves for my first game... oh dear...

Hopefully you've got a Yhetee to throw around! Part of me and Cript's problem is that both of our starting rosters are good on stats but light on skills, notably a complete absence of block and dodge. We both burned through all of our rerolls in the first 9 turns between us in the first half. It's rather how my Dark Elves started a few seasons ago; hopefully I can get those core skills in place in time to make the playoffs!

I only just realized Kanil is taking the Ogre challenge in Main. You crazy bastard!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 26, 2015, 06:25:56 pm »

Hey, least you're not Goblins, Halflings, Lizardmen, Ogres, or Khorne :P.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 26, 2015, 07:00:28 pm »

Don't forget Amazons!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: January 26, 2015, 07:03:54 pm »

True, I don't play against Amazons to know exactly how squishy they are.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 26, 2015, 07:07:30 pm »

AG3, AV7, and their schtick is that every single player has Dodge. I suppose Halflings have it worse against Dwarves, but if you're playing flings you know what you're getting into!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 26, 2015, 07:08:24 pm »

I'm surprised lizardmen are on that list. Might not be the best at fighting dwarves, but if you're going to try to crack them open without block seven dudes with high strength and the ability to instantly win if you get a single turn with the ball (not to mention dwarves seem pretty bad for skink hunting) seem like a pretty good choice.

I guess tackle could be a bitch...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 26, 2015, 07:56:55 pm »

I'm surprised lizardmen are on that list. Might not be the best at fighting dwarves, but if you're going to try to crack them open without block seven dudes with high strength and the ability to instantly win if you get a single turn with the ball (not to mention dwarves seem pretty bad for skink hunting) seem like a pretty good choice.

I guess tackle could be a bitch...
Same reason as Ogres, their basic player is <3 Strength, low AV. Lizardmen have tougher stuff as well, but if you can get a few blockers onto the Skinks, you can rack up casualties.

And yeah, tackle. Dwarves have it on most.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 26, 2015, 10:41:15 pm »

The basic Lizardman player is S4 AV 9... And a super slow dwarf isn't going to be getting near a skink unless the lizardman player wants them too (Or if the lizardman player is in dire straits)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 26, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »

I suppose Halflings have it worse against Dwarves, but if you're playing flings you know what you're getting into!
Halflings definitely have it worse than Amazons against Dwarves, as the Amazons can at least look forward to their next match -- it never gets any better for the 'flings.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 27, 2015, 03:44:58 am »

Bahahaha, its sad how true that is Kanil

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 27, 2015, 08:19:36 am »

The basic Lizardman player is S4 AV 9... And a super slow dwarf isn't going to be getting near a skink unless the lizardman player wants them too (Or if the lizardman player is in dire straits)
Ehehe...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 27, 2015, 02:38:29 pm »

Scaly and Lazy 1 - 1 Da Green Thwack'rs A glorious 1-1 victory for me!  :P

Whata a freaking game. I was feeling a bit bad about it from the outset. Going into a match where I needed every last ounce of strength on my team just to hold on with one of my saurus missing was a quite terrifying.

It went basically as I expected at first. The orcs received and crashed into my line in a wave of green fists and boots. (The initial pummeling was so harsh that my Krox decided to spend the next several turns on the ground rolling bone head over and over.) My saurus were completely unable to contain the green tide and it looked like he would be able to walk the ball in with leisure. But then a skink blitz send the ball carriar to the ground and the ball into the hands of a skink, who took that ball and ran for all he was worth. Unfortuntly, with my skinks ether out of position or used up on the blitz he was left totally alone, with me unable to mark the enemy sufficiently. I only had the ball for a single round. At this point I realized that I couldn't sneak the ball out, and I couldn't muscle the ball out, so instead I gave up. The orcs left a few guys caging the ball carrier near the endzone as the rest of them and my saurus punched it out for the rest of the half and my skinks ran around fowling. This punching match I managed to mostly win with the improved odds, and a skink even managed to stomp in the head of a blackorc, slaying him, although their healer patched him right up, ready to go into the next drive. The orcs got their touchdown on there last turn.

The orcs lined up on the backfield and separated their guys on the line as far as possible before kicking the ball to me for my single turn in the drive. Not thinking of anything but trying to inflect more injuries to hopefully tie in the second half I set my whole team on the line. But then the event popped and I got to move all my guys one square. And the ball was kicked out of bounds. I set up my guys in formation and... A few blocks later the ball was in the hands of a surefooted skink just within go-for-it range of the touchdown. He marvelously ran though the clumsy orc lines and got the one turn touch down, bringing the game to a tie!

In the second half I received and pushed forward. Keeping my skinks back and looking for a oppertunity to break for it. Unfortuntly I got bogged down in the strong orc lines far too soon, and I wasn't able to juke the black orcs this time. In the end with only a few turns left in the game I sent a skink behind enemy lines to set up a passing play. On the next turn though between the orc marking my receiver and the pouring rain they fumbled the handoff. Both my skinks and the ball were pushed up against the side of the pitch, although I managed to maintain possesion a bit, almost the whole orcish team were pinning them down, too much for even the tricky skinks to get away.

I dogpiled my Saurus onto the orcs backline, but it wasn't enough to get a skink and ball free, and soon the orcs popped out the ball and make a break for it. Unfortunately for them it was far too late, with only two rounds in the game to go the slow orcs didn't have a hope in the world to send the ball 75% of the way down the field, and thus the game ended.

A 1-1 tie. But being down a saurus, and with the end at the end being this:

It's hard not to feel a sense of achievement against the team that had crushed me last time.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 28, 2015, 04:22:26 am »

Gobbo! is not permanently injured and that black orc conveniently was the one with no skills and I have the money to replace him so generally I am not upset by the results.

Still was a really strange game.  I entirely forgot that the skinks have the ability for a 1 turn TD in the right circumstances.  So a 1 - 1 draw is fine from my point of view with what happened
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 149